Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2021Barevalue (via Toptal)
- Collaborated closely with the client to assess the business needs in the pre-development phase.
- Provided wireframes and sketches for the main and secondary user flows, designed upon the existing website, and modified to suit the client's needs.
- Set the infrastructure (Linux box, database, version control, reporting system, TLS certificate installation, and DNS setup).
- Integrated Stripe (elements, billing, and metered billing).
- Integrated Amazon S3 direct upload and offloaded bandwidth-intensive file upload from our server directly to Amazon S3 in a user-friendly way.
- Integrated Mailgun (email service provider) and Customer.io (scalable automated marketing tool).
- Onboarded and mentored a new developer until he was fully able to handle all the responsibilities.
Full-stack Engineer2018 - 2021Quiet Notion, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS, jQuery, Linux, MySQL, PHP
- Refactored the existing codebase to support scalability, drastically improve performance and security, and ease new developers' development, maintenance, and introduction to the project.
- Implemented pixel-perfect, responsive, and complete redesign of the application by working closely with the main designer. This improved business metrics such as lower bounce rate, more satisfied customers, and higher conversion rate.
- Integrated third-party services like Stripe, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Amazon S3, Mailgun, and Customer.io.
- Upgraded PHP, MySQL, and CodeIgniter, and collaborated on migration from Windows to Linux server.
- Developed various features and functionalities with minimal guidance and with minimal, often without any, design prototypes.
- Integrated Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Onboarded and managed a full-stack developer to replace me on the project gradually.
Full-stack Engineer2016 - 2019FishingBooker
Technologies: Google Analytics, Webpack, Bootstrap, Less, React, MySQL, PHP
- Built customer-oriented features to boost growth, SEO, retention, and conversion rate.
- Refactored a crucial part of the customer funnel to make pages SEO friendly and any future development easier.
- Constructed employee-facing tools and dashboards to help colleagues with their everyday tasks.
- Developed a full-blown dashboard with several customizable, dynamic, and interactive widgets embeddable on any website by pasting a piece of HTML code in order to gain inbound links from the external sites.
- Integrated various third-party services (Zendesk, Mandrill, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager).
- Completely restructured, refined, and led the hiring process for developers.
- Onboarded and mentored several new hires (developers).
Freelance Developer2018 - 2018Clients (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Cognito, Contentful, Algolia, React, Apache, MySQL, CodeIgniter, PHP
- Performed remote pair-programming and taught React by building a serverless web application.
- Improved architecture (upgraded Apache, PHP, MySQL, cPanel) and introduced a version control system (Git).
- Developed custom features on Fuel CMS (CMS for CodeIgniter PHP framework) and made front-end changes.
- Integrated Authorize.Net for payments.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Halcom d.d.
Technologies: IBM Db2, Apache Velocity, Ext JS, Less, jQuery, Maven, Spring, Java EE
- Improved the existing Halcom e-banking products while working in a highly versatile scrum team.
- Configured, customized, and helped with the deployment of the e-banking platforms for two major banks.
- Developed and tested features for an electronic invoicing platform.
Support Engineer Intern2015 - 2015ManageWP, LLC
Technologies: Vagrant, Bootstrap, AngularJS, PHP, WordPress
- Developed small WordPress plugins.
- Implemented front-end enhancements.
- Provided top-level support for our WordPress plugin users.
Webmaster2011 - 2012CS Computer Shop
- Created and maintained a Joomla website and managed the domain, hosting, and certificates.
- Managed the site content, user accounts, monthly newsletter, added news, and updated product lists, quantities, and prices on a regular basis.
- Handled the shop's daily operations including the sale of computer equipment and maintenance/repairs of the customers' personal computers.