Marc García Martínez
Verified Expert in Engineering
During the last 15 years, Marc has been working on research and development in artificial intelligence and natural language processing. His vast expertise and experience include being a full-stack developer, DevOps engineer, team manager, product designer, CTO, and startup founder.
MacOS, GitLab, GitHub, Visual Studio, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is an NLP pipeline to match a user question against millions of documents.
- Implemented the redesign of the new corporate site with Vue 3, specifically Composition API and TypeScript, and Inertia.js.
- Assisted with the design of the UI/UX and provided new ideas focused on increasing business conversion.
- Wrote full integration tests with Rspec and Capybara.
- Led the technical roadmap of the company to improve the product and improve the core base AI technology.
- Obtained +500.000€ of public funding for research and development projects.
- Assisted in securing a funding round of 2 million €.
Lead Chatbot Engineer
Weeve (via Toptal)
- Created a chatbot to proactively contact users for feedback.
- Integrated the chatbot with Slack, MS Teams, SMS, and others.
- Improved intent recognition, tone detection, and sentiment analysis to handle chatbot responses.
- Implemented a custom solution to handle small talk.
- Adapted the chatbot for Docker, so it's scalable in a production environment.
- Created a natural language understanding module based on spaCy.
Full-stack Web Developer
eliovp (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed a web application to manage remote rigs to mine Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies.
- Built a feature to allow users to create automatic rules with natural-language-like conditions and actions, including the possibility to trigger webhooks, which allowed the integration of the application with other apps or business logic via the API.
- Implemented a map view that allows users to quickly see the status by color, hash rate, and temperature of all rigs in the facility.
- Implemented charts and statistics views, including the possibility to export data as CSV and JSON files.
- Designed and implemented a RESTful API from scratch with Lumen, following OpenAPI 3 Specifications.
- Created a single-page application (SPA) from scratch using Vue.js 2.
Senior PHP Front-end Engineer
Scorely.com (via Toptal)
- Enhanced the front-end performance using best practices for loading optimization.
- Set up the production site on AWS and later transferred to Linode.
- Implemented SEO improvements, including implementation of Schema.org.
- Improved the API performance by optimizing database usage.
- Set up the SSL certificate for the production site.
Chief R&D Officer
- Designed a machine learning system that made the NLP engine improve by itself over time.
- Created a chatbot transaction system, which allowed users to complete forms by talking with a bot.
- Built a variable gathering system that allowed extracting valuable information from user input.
- Designed a real-time live chat (human-human) to allow agents to have multiple conversations simultaneously.
- Created and implemented a content digester that allowed customers to input their data into the system much faster.
CTO and Co-founder
Online Freelance Platform
- Developed a microservice buy and sell platform using Laravel.
- Implemented the database using a master-slave architecture to increase performance, PayPal payments, and A/B testing connected to Google Analytics.
- Created a user notification via email with configurable daily and weekly digests.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a web application from scratch using PHP (no framework). The company's employees and customers are still using the application.
- Designed and implemented the lexicon database (MySQL) and the interface to allow linguists to interact with it.
- Created and implemented a full-featured ticketing web application (such as Jira) with NLP capabilities, which allowed routing tickets to the right queue. It was also integrated with email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Telegram.
- Implemented an interactive Flash application for a bank that displayed the number of ATMs online and offline across the country. The app obtained the information from the bank's web service.
- Designed and implemented a web crawler with NLP capabilities, which allowed extracting only important information from each page.
It allowed managing email, social media private messages, and live chat requests in one web application.
One of the most important aspects was replying to user questions accurately in a very short time, usually under a second.
Vue, Node.js, OpenAPI, Highcharts, Vue 2, React, jQuery, Facebook API, Twitter API, REST APIs, Stripe, D3.js, Amazon EC2 API, SpaCy, AWS Amplify
Trello, Amazon Cognito, Git, GitLab, Figma, Sentry, Atom, Flash, Asana, Jira, Stripe Checkout, Bitbucket, GitHub, Language Understanding (LUIS), IBM Watson, AWS ELB, Terraform, RSpec, MySQL Performance Tuning
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), RESTful Development, Agile, Scrum, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, REST, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Design Patterns, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Automated Testing
JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, MySQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Aerospike, Elasticsearch, Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, NoSQL
Software Development, Full-stack, Front-end Development, Front-end, Back-end Development, Dashboards, Back-end, Web Development, Chatbots, APIs, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Integration, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Web Scraping, NLU, Architecture, CTO, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Software Architecture, SaaS, API Documentation, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Serverless, Communication, Single-page Applications (SPA), SVG, Machine Learning, ISO 27001, eCommerce, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Route 53, Containers, OAuth, Load Balancers, Design, Amazon RDS, Inertia.js, OpenAI GPT-3 API, FastAPI
Bootstrap, Laravel, Nuxt.js, Swagger, Flask, Lumen, Serverless Framework, Angular, Cypress, Tailwind CSS, Ruby on Rails 3, Capybara, Django
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, MacOS, Linux, Magento, WordPress, Docker, LAMP, Microsoft Bot Framework
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
UAB (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona) - Barcelona, Spain