Marcelo Andrade Rosero
Verified Expert in Engineering
Marcelo is a software engineer with a proven history of productivity and successful projects. He has 12 years of experience working in industries including telecommunications, banking, healthcare, and consumer web apps. He is highly organized and independent, able to effectively coordinate tasks to accomplish projects with creativity. Marcelo is also a flexible professional who enjoys learning new skills and quickly adapts to change.
The most amazing...
...app that I've coded uses the latest HTML5 features to make video conferences between patients and tele-pharamacists possible, helping pharmacies in rural areas.
Smith & Carson (via Toptal)
- Created multiple internal apps to facilitate research workflows in Ember.js.
- Helped the team to standardize development environments using Docker.
- Improved the battery of tests that exercise the API of the internal apps to gain confidence in changing back-end code.
- Created a desktop electron app to automate the scrape of Facebook profiles.
Senior Software Engineer
- Led the team to create a healthcare system to coordinate providers for the recovery of patients after a surgery.
- Led the team to create a system to manage patient referrals to specialists.
- Wrote a system that allows a pharmacist to be present at understaffed rural pharmacies via video conference and an online application.
- Developed a web application to schedule food deliveries for cancer patients.
- Wrote a social app that helps people share their professional service contracts with their friends.
- Managed the upgrade to a new version of the banking core system.
- Analyzed user requirements for new products and services.
- Coordinated changes to production with system administrators.
- Reviewed code to ensure that new development is good for production.
- Integrated the core system with a third party ATM provider.
- Supported the commissions system to pay sales.
- Ensured that SLAs agreed with business for applications in charge.
- Coordinated changes on production environments.
- Supported helpdesk partners.
- Requested changes to optimize critical processes.
EBS Business Software
- Migrated a power builder system to the web.
- Developed new features for a human resources and payroll management system.
- Implemented the system for different customers.
- Trained new users to use the system.
Meals to Heal
Laravel, Ember.js, PHPUnit, Slim, Twig, Bootstrap 3, Lumen, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), .NET, PhalconPHP
Git, Vim Text Editor, Capistrano, Composer, GitHub Pages, Tmux, NGINX, PHP-FPM, Bower, GitHub
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, iOS, Linux
Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB, Redis, Memcached
Ember CLI, T24, jBASE, Computer Science
Engineer’s Degree in Computer Science
Army Polytechnic School - Quito, Ecuador