PHP Developer in Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
Ember Developer2015 - 2017Smith & Carson (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, Phalcon PHP, MariaDB, Docker
- Created multiple internal apps to facilitate research workflows in Ember.js.
- Helped the team to standardize development environments using Docker.
- Improved the battery of tests that exercise the API of the internal apps to gain confidence in changing back-end code.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2015Jobsity
- Led the team to create a healthcare system to coordinate providers for the recovery of patients after a surgery.
- Led the team to create a system to manage patient referrals to specialists.
- Wrote a system that allows a pharmacist to be present at understaffed rural pharmacies via video conference and an online application.
- Developed a web application to schedule food deliveries for cancer patients.
- Wrote a social app that helps people share their professional service contracts with their friends.
Software Developer2007 - 2009Banco Capital
Technologies: T24, .NET, jBase, SQL Server
- Managed the upgrade to a new version of the banking core system.
- Analyzed user requirements for new products and services.
- Coordinated changes to production with system administrators.
- Reviewed code to ensure that new development is good for production.
- Integrated the core system with a third party ATM provider.
Support Engineer2005 - 2007Movistar
- Supported the commissions system to pay sales.
- Ensured that SLAs agreed with business for applications in charge.
- Coordinated changes on production environments.
- Supported helpdesk partners.
- Requested changes to optimize critical processes.
Software Developer2003 - 2005EBS Business Software
- Migrated a power builder system to the web.
- Developed new features for a human resources and payroll management system.
- Implemented the system for different customers.
- Trained new users to use the system.
- Fibroblast (Development)http://fibroblast.com/
Fibroblast is a patient referral application that helps direct patients to the best specialist, considering factors like insurance coverage, distance, network affiliation, response time, etc.
- PinpointCare (Development)http://pinpointmd.com/
PinpointCare is a secure, cloud-based platform that connects all of a patient’s care providers. Our care coordination solution connects patients to their providers anywhere and at anytime through workflow and communication tools. Using personalized care plans to chart a path to wellness, patients and providers can rise above the noise and focus on getting well.
- Telepharm (Development)https://www.telepharm.com/
Telepharm is a system that works with rural communities to put a local pharmacy in towns that lack one.
- Meals to Heal (Development)
Meals to Heal is dedicated to making the lives of cancer patients and their caregivers easier and less stressful by providing services which relieve them of the significant time, energy, and worry associated with ensuring proper nutrition for themselves and their loved ones.
- Banco Capital (Development)
I upgraded the core banking system of Banco Capital without issues.
FrameworksLaravel, Ember.js, PHPUnit, Slim, Twig, Bootstrap 3, Lumen, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
ToolsGit, Vim Text Editor, Capistrano, Composer, GitHub Pages, Tmux, Nginx, php-fpm, Bower, GitHub
PlatformsDocker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, iOS, Linux
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Engineer’s degree in Computer Science1998 - 2003Army Polytechnic School - Quito, Ecuador