Web App Architect2020 - 2020Colorado General Assembly
Technologies: Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created the architecture for the new Colorado General Assembly website, consisting of an admin site, public API, search API, background workers, and a React site.
- Created an importer into Legacy for their old Drupal app, using a REST client and scheduled Sidekiq workers.
- Drafted documentation for the architecture and weekly estimations.
Senior Rails Developer2020 - 2020Booster Apps
Technologies: Mailgun, Twilio API, Facebook API, Shopify API, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created a multi-channel abandoned cart recovery app built on Ruby on Rails 6, using Shopify API, PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, Facebook API, Twilio API, and Mailgun. This app was installed by thousands of merchants and generated $200.000.000 in revenue.
- Implemented the Twilio API to send SMS and Whatsapp messages.
- Integrated the Facebook Messenger API to send messages with discounts and checkout links.
- Executed the Mailgun API to send discounts and checkout links.
- Integrated with the Shopify API to get abandoned carts sessions.
Back-end Engineer2019 - 2020ShowplaceHQ
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, AWS, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created the MVP for a new platform connecting brands with Airbnb hosts using Ruby on Rails, React, ElasticSearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Retrieved data from Airbnb listings parsing the HTML response and extracting information from tags and JSON data.
- Implemented Facebook and Google authentication using OmniAuth.
- Implemented the SendGrid API using templates for transactional emails.
- Created a model for storing images—with original, mid, and thumbnails resolution—uploading all versions to AWS S3.
- Created an AWS infrastructure, setting up EC2, RDS, S3 and loading balancers. Set up SSL configuration, Nginx, and Unicorn.
Lead Developer2018 - 2018Puragraft
Technologies: SendGrid, Microsoft Excel, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created a Ruby on Rails 4 web app for order analysis and detecting anomalies, implementing Devise for user authentication.
- Created the Excel file import process using AXLSX gem, building customer statistics, and exporting them to PDF using PDKit.
- Generated reports, using Axlsx, in CSV format to show the order analysis, anomalies, and confidence rate.
Lead Developer2015 - 2018Email Delivered
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bootstrap, Redis, AWS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built the CSV contact importer process supporting CSV files with over 2 million rows.
- Developed the contact search engine, supporting millions of documents.
- Created an AB testing email engine, supporting automatic AB testing and winner selection.
- Built the smart marketing campaign engine, supporting dynamic campaign flow and timed delayed campaigns.
- Developed smart list segmentation, creating dynamic lists based on custom properties (field values, engagement history, tags, custom fields).
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015Keepcon
Technologies: Bootstrap, jQuery, Redis, MongoDB, ActiveMQ, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created a Ruby gem that reads user-generated content from Facebook pages and inserts them into a proprietary API.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails website to manage and map Facebook pages to user accounts.
- Built a Ruby gem that listens to tweets in real time and inserts them into a proprietary API.
- Programmed a Ruby gem that reads comments from Disqus and inserts them into a proprietary API and, after they are processed, posts moderation results back to Disqus.
- Wrote a Ruby on Rails website for Facebook Page Insights.
- Created a Ruby gem that reads sitemaps and looks for Facebook comment boxes and imports their comments into a proprietary API.
Software Developer2012 - 2013DC Group Argentina
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, jQuery, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Maintained the DescuentoCity website written in Ruby on Rails.
- Created a mailer process to send a custom newsletter to 300+ thousand users using Amazon SQS and multiple AWS workers.
- Built an administration website using Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, jQuery, and MySQL.
- Coded a deal-sorting algorithm based on user views/clicks.
Software Developer2012 - 2013Graion
- Created an Entity Framework extension to generate classes based on a stored procedures result.
- Maintained an ASP MVC online platform for managing television ad placement.
- Implemented a Lucene.net search engine library in a services marketplace site.
- Created a mobile-based website for wine store order processing.
- Created an MVC website to compare real estate property prices based on multiple factors.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Metrogames
Technologies: jQuery UI, jQuery, Web MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Created a business intelligence web panel for online Facebook games.
- Built a custom reports platform where users were able to share their reports with other users.
- Wrote a batch process to move and compact SQL server table information to archive tables.
- Developed an online dashboard that aggregates multiple game information.
- Programmed a tool to import users' friend lists from the Facebook API and generate a custom report to analyze game acquisition virality.
Software Developer2008 - 2010Axoft
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, .NET
- Implemented AFIP (government) web services in an invoice system.
- Modernized the system UI, adding new DevExpress .NET components.
- Maintained SQL stored procedures.
- Created a custom reporting tool in C# using DevExpress components.
- Implemented an LA POS (credit card) payment system in the invoicing system.