Information Management Principal2011 - 2015Xerox Services
Technologies: Linux, Solaris, AIX, BSA, Bash, Python, SPARC, x86_64, Power Systems, EMC SRDF, Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Storage Foundation
- Supported a large Unix/Linux enterprise environment with over 1,500 servers.
- Developed scripts to facilitate system administration tasks.
- Participated in design/architecture for new application environments and existing environments refresh.
- Developed scripts to manage disaster recovery storage replication solutions that reduced recovery times significantly for various apps.
- Served as escalation point for high severity issues and root cause analysis.
Unix Admin and Technical Team Lead2008 - 2011IBM
Technologies: Linux, Solaris, AIX, Project Management, Bash, Ksh, People Management
- Led a team of 60 Unix admins who oversaw 2,500 unix/linux servers.
- Attended change advisory boards representing Unix capability as main approver.
- Assigned Unix team members to open tasks from clients.
- Took ownership of all action items derived from root cause analysis.
- Conducted technical escalation for team members in case of Solaris platform issues.
- Managed all the Unix team operating procedures and was responsible for their availability, relevance, and validity.
Unix Admin2006 - 2008EDS
Technologies: Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Ksh, Opsware
- Performed Unix system administration tasks on diverse Unix/Linux environments.
- Executed change requests on multiple platforms.
- Became the focal point for patching of Solaris platform.
- Managed incidents for various platforms and often engaged customers to assist resolutions.
- Created process documentation for the Solaris platform.