Front-end Web Developer2018 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Collaborated with clients to strategize and build web applications, focusing on single-page application architecture and accessibility.
- Translated designs into user-friendly responsive web interfaces with React, Gatsby, Vue, and Ruby on Rails.
- Developed data models in headless CMS, such as Contentful, Dato, and Strapi, and hooked these models up to the front end with GraphQL.
- Built, tested, and documented flexible React component systems in Storybook.
- Set up automatic static site deployment with GitHub and Netlify.
- Produced CSS keyframe animations and interactive SVGs.
- Created a drag-and-drop, React-based static site generator with reusable web components.
Chapter Leader | Event Organizer | Instructor2015 - 2018Girl Develop It
- Led and supported instructors, volunteers, and students at local tech meetups for Girl Develop It's Cincinnati chapter.
- Planned the quarterly course schedule, promoted events, fostered community partnerships, grew the chapter, awarded scholarships, and ran day-to-day operations.
- Conducted multi-session workshops on HTML and CSS and provided mentoring for classes of 10-15 students.
- Oversaw the training of meetup organizers and instructors and guided the new curriculum.
UI Designer2012 - 2017Nielsen
- Governed Nielsen's collection of big data applications to establish brand cohesion, consistency, and ease of use.
- Built and maintained the application standards documentation website to communicate the department's UX guidelines.
- Designed interfaces across multiple frameworks, including AngularJS, Sencha, MicroStrategy, and D3.
- Created mobile applications that adhered to iOS and Material Design standards.
- Participated in the employee engagement team to organize the company's intranet and drive new initiatives within the organization.
- Increased product adoption and improved the panelists' experience by simplifying the Nielsen Panelist web portal.
- Wrote the white paper: Quantifying the Business Value of User Experience and presented this to over 150 employees. This presentation led to the UX team being repositioned in the company, giving us more authority over the brand's suite of products.
Digital Product Design Intern2012 - 2012Moment Design
Technologies: UX, Prototyping, App Design, UX Testing, UI Design, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, UX Design, Digital Product Design
- Designed the first ESPN ScoreCenter iPad app with data-heavy live game statistics and breaking news coverage. Each layout was customizable based on the user's favorite sports and teams.
- Created The Power of IX virtual mosaic for ESPN W's celebration of the 40th anniversary of Title IX. Users could upload photos of female athletes and browse the interactive mosaic by athlete name or sport.
- Consulted on new rapid prototyping tools to expand the company's capabilities and improve workflow efficiency.
Interactive Design Intern2011 - 2011The Ant Farm
- Created multi-asset marketing strategies for the upcoming movie and video game releases, including social media themes, custom websites, viral campaigns, and banner ads.
- Built websites and sizzle reels for consideration in The Ant Farm's industry award nominations. These microsites focused on a subset of the company's capabilities, highlighting how work is done through case studies.
- Redesigned the Careers website for a major entertainment company to give it a modern feel, highlight their major properties, and increase interest in employment opportunities.
Digital Design Intern – IT Innovations2010 - 2010JCPenney
Technologies: Mobile App Design, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, UX Testing, UI Design
- Designed applications for FindMore, a series of large-format touch screen kiosks inside JCPenney stores, which promoted seasonal marketing campaigns and provided customers with product guides to enhance their in-store experience.
- Implemented an approachable and intuitive FindMore storefront and checkout process that was accessible at eye-level for both standing and wheelchair users.
- Built an iPad app to increase sales on JCPenney's extended collection of fine jewelry for use in-store by sales associates. This included an Engagement Ring Builder, which showed previews of possible ring customizations.
Web Intern2009 - 2009Evenflo
Technologies: Social Media Campaigns, Content Management Systems (CMS), Instruction & Coaching, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Flash, DSLR Photography, Web Development, Advertising, HTML, CSS
- Maintained the custom CMS for internal and consumer-facing sites, adhering to strict web standards and accessibility principles.
- Filmed and edited instructional product demos in Flash to train customers in safely operating baby products and car seats.
- Created promotional materials, including posters and pamphlets, to reach new customers and vendors at B2B conferences.