Verified Expert in Engineering
Maria is a software engineer with expertise in iOS development, using Swift and the UIKit framework. She has industry experience in the finance, insurance, and legal sectors. Maria developed a collaboration iOS app for lawyers and law firms and a fitness app that allows users to integrate with several fitness device providers and aggregate their data in one place. She has also worked on back-end services using AWS, Firebase, Node.js, and Python.
iOS, Swift, Xcode, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, Firebase, Python, Slack, Jira, CocoaPods
The most amazing...
...iOS app I've developed was for an insurance company that collects fitness data from various activity tracking devices.
Wolfpack Digital SRL
- Developed a native application in SwiftUI and Swift for traveling, allowing users to create a bucket list of interests and activities.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira and Confluence. Released new builds every two weeks. Worked in an Agile environment as part of a team of two iOS developers and one back-end engineer.
- Integrated with Google Places API and with Firebase.
- Developed a travel application as a solo developer using Swift, UIKit, and Firebase SDK.
- Had permanent communication with the client, including consultancy, refining business logic, creating market assessments on Geolocation Service Providers, creating mockups and prototypes.
- Oversaw the release and review process to App Store.
Leading Meal Delivery Service
- Worked as part of a team, continuously developing new features and releasing them to the market quickly, every two weeks.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using the Jira tracking tool. Received good feedback for my proactivity in fixing bugs fast and performing thorough investigations.
- Planned, released, and monitored new experiments for the users. Used Firebase Analytics and A/B testing mechanisms.
- Used MVVM-C architecture, test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration, and release.
- Wrote unit tests and mocked UI tests for the developed features.
- Held demos, presentations and onboarding sessions on diverse occasions.
- Worked on maintaining and improving Rove's smarter media storage application.
- Helped the client with bug fixes and was involved in the release process and in maintaining the CI process.
- Offered consulting services and created proposals for the client, helping them improve their application.
- Developed push notifications for the application using Firebase Cloud Functions.
- Wrote Firebase functions in Node.js. for different features support, such as push notifications, scheduled jobs, and triggered actions based on users' activities.
- Used technologies such as UIKit, Combine, Push Notifications, Cloud Messaging, Firebase SDK, MVC, Node.js., CI/CD, GitHub Actions, and StoreKit.
- Developed a fitness application, allowing users to integrate with several fitness device providers and aggregate their data in one place.
- Built an iOS application for lawyers and law firms that handles all their documentation, process, and communication in one place. The application concept was nominated for an Innovation Award.
- Conducted market surveys as part of the technology board group to discover and assess new mobile frameworks and technology capabilities.
- Added accessibility support for the entire iOS application and conducted accessibility assessments for existing applications.
- Fixed bugs and tracked them using Jira and Azure DevOps.
- Wrote XCUITests for testing the UI and the logic of iOS applications.
- Prepared client-ready UI/UX proposals for developed applications based on Apple guidelines and best practices.
IT Analyst Intern
World Bank Group
- Developed several AWS Lambda functions that monitor more than 100 servers using cloud alarms, reducing the cost generated by idle servers by up to 5%.
- Enhanced the connection between the on-premises and cloud databases.
- Developed IAM policies and roles that allow regular users more access to the key services they use, without the need for cloud administrator's intervention.
Legal Matter Collaboration Apphttps://www.lupl.com/
Fitness Tracking App
I implemented part of the UI and client logic (integrations with third-party SDKs and with the application's back-end), and offered my support in rewriting the back end in Python and deploying it in AWS Lambda functions. During the project, I worked closely with the client, consulted him on the accessibility support of the application, and presented UI and UX proposals. During the development, we worked with Jira and Confluence.
Video and Image Editing App
CocoaPods, REST APIs, Node.js, Alamofire, SignalR, Lottie-iOS, Firebase iOS SDK, React, RxSwift, Codable, Google Maps, Google Places API, Auth
Xcode, Git, Atlassian, Slack, Jira, AWS IAM, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Moya, Auth0, Sketch, GitHub, Figma
Model View Controller (MVC), Software Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Presenter (MVP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing
iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mobile, Firebase, Software Design Patterns, Azure
UIKit, iOS SDK, StoreKit, SwiftUI
Algorithms, Data Structures, Accessibility, WCAG 2, Software Development, Machine Learning, Animation, MessageKit, Bond Framework, User Interface (UI), Design, Business Services, GitHub Actions, Firebase Cloud Functions, Push Notifications, Combine, UI Testing, SPM, Bonds, Geolocation, Async/Await
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania