Managing Full-stack Senior Engineer2016 - PRESENTCallUp
- Architected and managed the development of the admin dashboard application with a React-based front end, Redux state management, and Java-based back end API.
- Managed the development of a front-end module of a web application based on Bootstrap 4 and customer CSS customizations according to customer's design requirements.
- Created the architecture and managed the development of a back-end API based on the Restlet framework for a secure web app with multiple users and permissions.
- Constructed secure web applications based on GDPR regulations and OWASP best practices.
- Built a back-end API based on Java with full support NFV and AWS along with building a Cassandra data house integrated with Spark for real-time data storage and processing.
- Created real-time data processing solutions for an admin dashboard that used Kafka and Spark data pipeline, including integrations with MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Implemented serverless session management based on a Redis storage solution.
Freelance Senior Full-stack Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), CSS, HTML, Python, Java, AWS, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Node.js, React
- Created the architecture and managed the development of a web app based on Bootstrap templates and React front end with Redux state management.
- Designed and developed a REST-based secure API based on GDPR regulations and OWASP best practices.
- Designed and developed a data access layer for a back-end API based on various storage solutions such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Designed and developed React-based applications with GraphQL API and a Node.js back end.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer2013 - 2016Intellinx, Inc.
Technologies: Networking, PL/SQL, Oracle Database, Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, JSP, Java EE
- Built a Java-based machine learning engine based on the Spring ETL framework for internal fraud detection (employee fraud) for financial organizations worldwide.
- Created machine learning algorithms that were used to create a potential target profile and apply predefined ruleset to detect potential fraud in real-time.
- Developed a Hibernate-based data application layer for real-time data modification and performance tuning of application.
- Implemented performance tuning and data optimization procedures for the Oracle 11g database based on the PL/SQL language.
- Developed an endpoint API based on the J2EE framework that was used to update data in real-time.
- Designed the architecture and developed secure APIs based on OWASP best practices and security regulations for financial organizations.
Senior Back-end Software Engineer2012 - 2013Barclays, PLC
Technologies: Algorithmic Trading, Oracle Database, FIX Protocol, TestNG, Unix, Java
- Constructed an algorithmic-trading platform based on FIX protocol for the equities markets worldwide.
- Established a TestNG-based environment for transactions simulation and verifying the correctness of high volume trading.
- Developed C++/C algorithmic-trading solutions that could perform multimillion-dollar transactions depending on the market's geolocation, business hours, and market's trading rules based on the FIX protocol.
- Designed test cases, possible trading scenarios, and potential fail-safe behavior for trading algorithms.
- Created back-end Python-based scripts for performance optimization and environment management.
Full-stack Software Engineer2010 - 2012RSA — The Security Division of EMC
- Built a C++ based scoring engine for financial transactions authentication and potential fraud detection.
- Implemented a Java-based data access layer for the financial scoring engine based on and Oracle database support of PL/SQL queries.
- Managed the requirements collection and development of a customer-oriented application for EMEA customers.
- Developed a front-end API application layer based on the J2EE framework APIs.
Fraud Forensics Expert2008 - 2010RSA — The Security Division of EMC
- Performed forensic analytics for new types of online fraud (such as man-in-the-middle) and automated fraud bots that were targeting employees of financial organizations.
- Managed online fraud detection and prevention for South African financial organizations prior to the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Developed PHP and Python-based web applications for online data collection and analytics.
- Developed a PHP-based fraud-simulation website for training and learning purposes.