Verified Expert in Engineering
Martin is an experienced software engineer with a passion for creating products that bring value to people and businesses. He is adept at bringing his expertise in customer-facing data to organizations. Martin is motivated by learning opportunities, enduring human connections, and challenging problems. He's currently working as a software engineer involved in building cutting edge data visualization platforms powered by big data.
The most amazing...
...project that I made is a news aggregation platform that aggregates and visualizes millions of news articles with sentiment scores from scraped data sources.
Lead Front-End Software Engineer
- Oversaw end-to-end development and deployment of a progressive single page web application using React/TypeScript and Azure services.
- Set up the initial team, requirements engineering, and stakeholder management.
- Secured funding by delivering the MVP and working in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment.
- Migrated aggregation API providers, resulting in improved quality of news and sentiment scoring.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Migrated 50,000 lines of front-end codebase from legacy Polymer stack to React framework, resulting in improved usability, increased maintainability, and higher velocity of development.
- Implemented a platform for monitoring of 35,000+ clients, for a "know your customers" initiative. Saved 1.5 employee hours per client.
- Implemented redesign of the platform in iterations. Resulted in better user experience and retention.
- Worked on the first block-chain initiative in banking sector and created a dashboard connecting all counter-parties involved in mortgages.
- Successfully implemented a data migration strategy to transfer data from the old legacy system to the replaced software.
- Worked remotely with IBM Canada to develop a desktop application.
University of Groningen
- Handled requirements engineering and designed a solution to automatically check student's selected courses saving the staff one hour per student.
- Designed the solution as a desktop cross platform application. It would integrate with the university's existing student profile. The staff member would generate PDF reports which would be shared with the students.
- Set up the shared report to give alternative courses suggestions based on the student's selections if those selections do not comply with program constraints.
News Aggregation and Visualization Product
Payment Transaction Aggregation Platform
Mortgage Approval Platform with Blockchain
Automated Web Scraping with Headless Browser
Polymer, Node.js, Antd, React, REST APIs, LitElement, D3.js, Puppeteer, React Redux
Software Engineering, APIs, Computer Graphics, Algorithms, Data Structures, Computer Vision, Akka HTTP, CI/CD Pipelines, AmCharts, Sagas
Web Architecture, Parallel Programming
OpenShift, MacOS, Linux, Blockchain, Docker, Azure, Jupyter Notebook, Heroku, DigitalOcean
Angular, Loopback, Spring Boot, Swagger, Jest, NestJS, Express.js, Swing, Redux
GitLab CI/CD, MongoDB Atlas, GitHub, Redux Thunk
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Druid.io
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Groningen - Groningen, Netherlands
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring