Senior Java Developer2018 - PRESENTNordea/LTI
Technologies: Java 8, Spring Boot, Angular, REST Microservices, Devops, Scrum, TDD, Continuous Delivery
- Worked on a large tool that manages deployments and configurations of almost all software in the organization.
- Transitioned a large monolith application into microservice architecture.
- Implemented brand new Microservices with Java Spring Boot back-end that nonlinearly corresponds to functionalities in the previous generation application.
- Implemented a UI based on Angular 6.
- Created and maintained a continuous delivery pipeline that runs automated deployments and testing procedures on environments.
- Participated in the architectural design of new components being developed.
- Followed scrum-based development process and working towards sharing experience to make the process smooth and genuinely agile.
Senior Java Developer2017 - 2018DWP UK
Technologies: Java 8, REST, MongoDB, Dropwizard, Kafka, Buck, TDD, Kanban, pair programming, Splunk, Grafana, Jira
- Participated in digitalization of complex Social Benefits system business processes for social care agents and claimants in UK used by milions of people across the country.
- Planned and designed the solutions that support and automate various processes (from payments, to housing verification, etc.), involving input from User Research and UI design.
- Implemented REST web service back-end and front-end for the developed platform Platform.
- Utilized TDD, strong coding practices, pair programming, and other Agile principles both in implementing new features and refactoring legacy code.
- Maintained and gathered statistics for the working production system (splunk, grafana).
- Solved issues and bugs concerning the running production system.
- Participated in Kanban whiteboard based development with close relation between development and QA.
- Implementation of highly available third party-system communication with Kafka queues.
Senior Java Developer2016 - 2017HMRC
Technologies: Scala, Play, REST, MongoDB, Docker, TDD, Reactive Programming, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Kibana, Grafana, Domain Driven Development
- Designed, implemented, and supported crucial government platform components used directly by millions of tax payers.
- Created reactive REST services used for customer messaging, profile management, and authorization.
- Participated in release management for microservices deployed on a custom built, Docker based platform.
- Used a fully agile development process - Kanban, strong tesing/quality assurance procedures, heavy use of pair programming.
- Maintained, monitored, and analyzed usage patterns on running production systems with Kibana and Grafana.
Senior Java Developer2014 - 2016Sky
Technologies: Java, Dropwizard, REST, Cassandra, Kafka, Angular, Docker, Ansible, AWS, ELB, Grafana, Kibana, TDD, Domain Driven Development
- Reimplemented crucial components of monolithic video player back-end application in a new REST microservice architecture from the very beginning of the project to production release and later support.
- Contributed to all levels of software development (planning, development, functional testing, NFT testing, deployment, infrastructure configuration, maintenance).
- Worked in a very agile development environment (constant pair programming, strong TDD, extreme emphasis on quality assurance and testing, full Scrum - later Kanban).
- Designed, implemented, and constantly improved continuous delivery pipeline including fully seamless deployment scripts that could deploy do production without any disruption.
- Provided real-time monitoring, maintenance and on-call support of heavily used (up to 2k TPS, 10 mln userbase) video application back-end.
- Prepared demo applications (Angular frontend) and showcases for other teams and non-technical business representatives.
- Designed and implemented custom Angular-based application fine tuned for monitoring running backend on all environments.
Senior Java Develper2013 - 2014Gamesys
Technologies: Java, REST, Dropwizard, Spring, JMS, Angular, Domain Driven Development TDD, Splunk, Scrum, Git, SVN,
- Developed core components of the back-end for an online Game platform with millions of active users.
- Worked on both a legacy monolithic application and a new REST microservice oriented architecture for new components.
- Contributed crucial ideas and making them work both on architectural and on API design levels.
- Utilized quality assurance, testing (TDD), and agile Scrum-based methodology.
- Maintained and supported live production components with Splunk.
Senior Software Develooper2012 - 2013Intel through Sii
Technologies: Java, C#, C++, SOA, JNI, USB, Git
- Implemented automated USB device testing platform as a SOA based system.
- Performed low-level interactions with Linux USB devices.
- Designed and implemented web UI interface for management of different parallel testing executions.
- Introduced Test Driven Development techniques to the project.
Software Developer2010 - 2012Gdańsk University of Technology
Technologies: C++, C#, Java, Image Recognition, WPF
- Participated in innovative project for automated disease recognition on endoscopic images.
- Analyzed and implemented latest scientific developments in medical image recognition.
- Contributed to preparation of scientific publications summing up the work and outcomes.
- Implemented the UI application for medical specialists to perform automated video analysis.
Java Developer2007 - 2010Wolters Kluwer Poland
- Implemented innovative web interface application for legal system workers (lawyers, judges, etc.) to search for legal documents and company information.
- Integrated with back-end services to gather data to be displayed.