Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthew has over a decade of experience working with startups and enterprise clients. He helps mentor, grow, architect, and develop scalable products and solutions. Matthew is an experienced engineer passionate about application development, clean user experience, consistency, and reliability.
MacOS, Buddy, Heroku, Front-end, Front-end Development, Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Mobile Applications, React Native, TestFlight, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Full-stack Development, Node.js, Twilio API, Web & Mobile Applications, Zapier
The most amazing...
...product I've built was a full-scale sales marketplace with a custom power dialer, a fully integrated email system, and a custom style guide.
Chief Technology Officer
- Developed a sales marketplace platform that helped sales representatives make tens of thousands of dollars as freelancers.
- Built a custom power dialer that helped representatives increase their work efficiency by over 200%, dialing over 2,500 calls per day.
- Integrated a full custom end-to-end Stripe integration that allowed representatives to earn money and get paid the same day the work was completed.
- Managed a development and design team that helped build the beta version and custom style guides for the entire product.
- Constructed a fully integrated email system to allow representatives to send, receive, and manage thousands of emails per day through our platform without having to use their email.
Engineering Manager and Lead Front-end Developer
- Helped design and develop a pivot to move from the adblock technology to privacy management (cookies, GDRP, CCPA, and TCFv2).
- Built a fully customizable custom messaging system that allowed clients to develop and customize their white labeled privacy management flows and messages viewed tens of millions of times per day across multiple clients and publisher sites.
- Generated significant revenue increases—almost 20 times over two years—after the pivot with the new messaging system.
- Opened up multiple new verticals because of the well-abstracted messaging system, including proper email subscriptions and privacy information requests.
Director of Engineering
- Designed and developed a mobile application for a client that would allow them to gain referrals and pay out a percentage of the revenue of an insurance construction project.
- Built the mobile and admin apps to use React Native and React, reusing GraphQL queries and mutations as necessary to be efficient.
- Launched over 20 versions of the app for testing and released it on the App Store for iOS and Android.
- Developed a live map using Firebase and Google Maps that allowed the admin to track their workers and manage their projects in real time.
Lead and Senior Full-stack Developer
- Joined the company as the third employee, which grew to over 200+ employees worldwide and was sold to Endava.
- Converted an old Ruby on Rails MVC application for a commercial real estate provider to a REST API with Angular in just three months.
Power Dialer for SellX
Stadium Builder for Ticketing Platform
I designed and built admin management and client-facing components in D3.js, allowing the company to build their own stadiums and save them. On the client-facing side, it would render that stadium and allow them to select a section to filter the results based on the section.
It was an enjoyable project to build, test, and search for tickets based on a map instead of typing and filling in random filters.
Custom Messaging System for Privacy Client
I designed and built a custom messaging system that lets companies shape, color, label, and change settings to create any message they want and display it on their site given specific triggers. I built it using React for the builder and Vanilla JS for the script to determine what message to show and how to store the data. Since it worked great, I could even take on the AdBlock messaging from the previous system and put it in our new messaging system and other new ones such as email subscriptions and privacy request forms (CCPA). At its peak, the custom white-labeled messages were pulled one billion times per month.
Express.js, React Native, Redux, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, MUI (Material UI), .NET
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Twilio API, Stripe API, jQuery, Salesforce API, Stripe, Google APIs, D3.js
InVision, Jira, Mongoose, TestFlight, Figma, Expo, Zapier, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Apache
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Mobile Development, Cross-platform, UX Design, UI Design
MacOS, Firebase, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, iOS, Android, Mobile, LAMP, Buddy, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON
Data Structures, Algorithms, API Integration, User Interface (UI), Full-stack, Drag & Drop, Front-end, Front-end Development, APIs, Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Mobile Applications, Full-stack Development, Consulting, Web & Mobile Applications, Adobe UX, Stripe Payments, User Experience (UX), QR Codes, Axios, Mobile Architecture, WebSockets, Design, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Clemson University - Clemson, SC, USA