Senior Architect2019 - PRESENTGFT Group
Technologies: Docker, Oracle RDBMS, Java, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Nomad, Kubernetes
- Migrated enterprise monolith software stacks to cloud-native distributed models for clients including JPMorgan.
- Wrangled code and clusters for greenfield enterprise software for both internal an external-facing needs.
- Configured and augmented service mesh integrations with homogeneous and hybrid-cloud applications.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019StackWave, LLC
- Analyzed genomic information and coded out-of-the-box solutions for laboratory information management systems for use in biotech firms and drug discovery.
- Created abstractions to database layers, providing mux/demuxed protocols for GraphQL and RESTful endpoints.
- Implemented new TypeScript-based build systems and front-end compilation to catch more programmatic and logic errors.
- Led projects/teams and interfaced with company clients to lead efforts on custom development for their LIMS-deployments.
Chief Instructor2014 - 2017The Iron Yard
- Mentored beginner coders through a twelve-week programming bootcamp.
- Mentored other instructors in the art of pedagogy and leading a classroom.
- Built internal tools and software, spoke at conferences, and wrote books.
- Hacked on side projects, such as Verlet Physics Engines, using Canvas, Web Audio API, and Web Workers, as well as developing projects and curricula for the bootcamp.
- Organized community events and ran free community coding workshops.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2014Pariveda Solutions
- Wrote technical articles and blog posts and started authoring books.
- Spoke at technical conferences and meetups, representing Pariveda.
- Built an enterprise metal-building configuration app in the browser (ASP .NET MVC 4.5, Backbone, Raphael (SVG)) for NCI Group.
- Researched and documented financial and title-insurance data discrepancies for Stewart Title.
- Built Windows 8 apps for Microsoft and Halliburton.
- Developed a custom, responsive front-end single page app platform for large medical research institution Baylor College of Medicine.
- Pioneered research into mobile enterprise app platforms (MEAPs) for clients such as Kony Studio (certified), Titanium Appcelerator, and Xamarin.
- Updated large-scale news-delivery services (updated custom PHP platform) for Hearst; contributed to documentation of the platform during the discovery phase, documenting findings and lessons learned.
Lead Developer2011 - 20122nd.MD
- Revamped the existing custom PHP platform into CodeIgniter.
- Built custom calendaring systems and UI for scheduling second-opinion appointments online, including scheduling "recurring events" with start and end dates.
- Standardized the REST API and helped scale services on Rackspace; implemented load balancers with Nginx and Redis.
- Pioneered the use of Node for live text, video, and audio chat using TokBox and Twilio; also implemented file-sharing.
- Developed a live-monitoring dashboard for use by the team that reported live sessions, and alerted the team if a doctor or client's machine wasn't working. This made it easy to know someone's computer didn't support the required technologies before they were aware there was an issue. We would be able to initiate calls to customers, providing a great customer service experience.
- Researched and developed iPad and iPhone apps with Titanium Appcelerator, published to the App Store; allowing 2nd.MD to stay relevant in the mobile space.