Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthew has over 15 years of experience in database management and software development, with a strong focus on full-stack web applications. He specializes in Django and Vue.js with expertise deploying to both server and serverless environments on AWS. He also works with relational databases and large datasets.
The most amazing...
...project I've built and deployed was an error tracking web application used by an international team of data collection analysts for a large financial company.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a Django (Python) web application for a company that works with insurance companies and radiologists. The work included updating Django admin pages and working with bulk imports of CSV data.
- Designed and built a local development environment using Docker on macOS. Local development included Zend Framework (PHP), MariaDB, and a custom PHP compiler.
- Built a financial auditing system for Stripe payments using Laravel. Client payment reconciliation was performed between the application database and Stripe REST API.
- Deployed full-stack web applications to AWS EC2, and RDS (MariaDB).
Senior Research Analyst
- Delivered a full-stack web application using Django, MySQL, Bootstrap, and jQuery. The application contained a repository of thousands of documents about financial datasets. It integrated with Jira for tracking alerts relating to data ingestion delays.
- Delivered a financial data ingestion tool using Python and MySQL.
- Eliminated legacy software dependency by utilizing a new API using Python and XML.
- Built a high-performance Intel server for a 2 TB database application. This database handled large amounts of financial data that was updated daily.
- Improved the financial report generation process by creating a self-service application using Linux, PHP, and MySQL.
- Delivered an error tracking system using Linux, Apache, PHP, and MySQL. This system was used by a large team of data analysts in multiple countries to streamline the identification of errors for training and improved accuracy.
Lonergan Agency - Insurance and Real Estate
Thomson Reuters InfoBase
Refinitiv Proprietary Research
Django, Django REST Framework, Vuetify, Nuxt.js, Bulma, OAuth 2, Laravel, Bootstrap
REST APIs, Vue 2, Vue, Vuex, Node.js, OpenID, NumPy, SQLAlchemy, jQuery, ImageMagick, React
Git, Boto, AWS IAM, Docker Compose, GitHub, Auth0
Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Linux, Oracle
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Sybase
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Northeastern University - Boston, Massachusetts