Verified Expert in Engineering
Chrome Extensions Developer
Matúš is a skilled full-stack developer with nine years of experience freelancing for small to medium-sized companies and startups. He has worked with individuals and remote teams across Europe on a wide range of projects including browser and PC games, Chrome extensions, Windows apps, hybrid mobile apps, and front- and back-end for a lot of websites. He loves to write clean, maintainable code and pays great attention to detail.
Windows, Adobe Photoshop, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...software I've built is a multi-platform 2D game with scripting support, rigid body physics, and a fully integrated level editor.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Created and led development of several complex websites using Yii and Laravel frameworks. Created over twenty small WordPress websites with custom themes and plugins.
- Developed several browser-based games as well as PC games and prototypes in Unity and MOAI SDK.
- Worked on Windows apps in C# and a lot of smaller apps packaged in nw.js and Electron for automation of tasks for small companies.
- Built scene manipulation for a 3D modeling app in WebGL and AngularJS. Made a real-time radio wave visualization in WebGL for a CES tech demo.
- Co-founded four startups/projects and sold three of them (cenoveponuky.sk, zajtra.sk, bedrooms.sk).
Game Developer, Web Developer
- Created an educational browser game using Phaser (an HTML5 game engine) that teaches kids the fundamentals of programming using Scratch blocks.
- Developed a custom level editor in Electron for building levels for the game.
- Created a back-end in Laravel that synchronizes game progress and provides a teachers section with class management, student progress, and statistics.
- Created an efficient computer usage tracker for Windows in C# with native modules in C++.
- The app tracks rate of typing, keyboard shortcuts, click count, and distance travelled with mouse, open windows and focus changes, tray icons, CPU, HDD and network usage, hardware info, and installed apps.
- Wrote a supporting Node.js server which synchronizes user settings across multiple installations and sends events to an Apache Kafka system.
- Created multiple custom Chrome extensions for user behavior testing and tracking. The tracking extension is able to collect open tabs, tab metadata, focus changes, rate of typing, physical location, user activity, installed extensions, downloads, and bookmarks, and extract partial data from the history.
- Created a utility that recorded a user with a webcam, processed the image with OpenCV, and extracted facial emotion data for further analysis.
Ably (via Toptal)
- Created a modern open source PHP library over a RESTful API that provides easy messaging services and various authentication tools for Ably.io.
- Wrote integration and unit tests in PHPUnit for all the components in accordance with the base Ruby spec. Used shared fixtures in a Git sub-module to ensure compatibility across client libraries.
- Wrote the library according to latest best practices. Documented code as per PHPDoc guidelines with full code completion support. Packaged the library for Composer/Packagist (with PSR-4 class loading). Tested with Travis CI. All the code is available on GitHub at https://github.com/ably/ably-php.
UGO Hybrid Mobile Apphttp://www.ugoocista.cz/
Tech used: Cordova, ES6, Browserify, Onsen UI
Vectary 3D Editorhttp://vectary.com/
Technologies used: Three.js, AngularJS, Node.js, Gulp, GLSL
Minimap for Pebble Smartwatchhttps://blade.sk/projects/mini-map-pebble/
Automated SMS Gateway
- An Android SMS relay.
- A node-webkit based desktop app for management of pending messages, importing messages from other software and sending messages through an Android phone.
- A desktop app (C#) for manually sending messages by assistants in the office.
HI WiFi Visualization
Automatic Betting System
Technologies used: node-webkit, Node.js, MySQL
Adatlap House Configuratorhttp://adatlap.3mdom.sk/
Technologies used: Yii Framework (PHP) and jQuery
Swich! The Game
Technologies used: Lua, MOAI SDK(C++), Box2D
Bedrooms.sk Rental Finderhttp://bedrooms.sk/
- Filters that use data parsed from listing's text
- Listings displayed directly on map with search by position and radius
- Almost click-free single-page interface
- Aggregation of multiple listings for the same apartment into one based on similarity of text and images
- Our own translation engine
We eventually sold the project, as we couldn't compete with the existing websites with just a better interface.
Technologies used: Yii Framework (PHP), jQuery, Google Maps API
Yii, Unity, Unity3D, Laravel, PHPUnit, Phaser.io, Electron
Node.js, HTML5 Canvas, jQuery, Google Maps, Three.js, NW.js, WebGL, Leaflet, Vue, OpenGL, Windows API
Sublime Text 2, Adobe Photoshop, AutoHotkey, Composer, Babel, Webpack, Webpack 2, Git
Promise, Socket Programming
Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Android, Linux
SQLite, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Chrome Extensions, Scraping, WebSockets, User Interface (UI), Cordova, Game Design
Master's Degree in Applied Informatics
University of Economics - Bratislava, Slovakia
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics and Information Technology
Slovak University of Technology - Bratislava, Slovakia