Verified Expert in Engineering
Mauricio is a passionate software developer with more than 15 years of experience focused on delivering high-quality products that add value to clients. For the past ten years, he has developed mobile applications professionally in different industries, such as banking, health insurance, international organizations, restaurants, hotels, telemedicine, telecommunication, and security.
Ubuntu, Slack, Android Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on as a lead Android developer is a Swiss telemedicine mobile application called Medgate.
Belay Securities LTD
- Developed a mobile app for Android and iOS in Flutter from scratch that enabled customers to view their driving stats and manage their accounts and subscriptions.
- Created a web app in Flutter to allow customers to register in their new insurance platform.
- Provided guidelines and suggestions to improve the mobile app experience based on my knowledge acquired in previous projects.
Technical Team Lead
Open Web Technology
- Developed the Android application for Medgate, a Swiss telemedicine company. Managed other local and offshore developers as a technical team lead of the project.
- Rewrote a legacy mobile app from Ionic to Flutter for a group of Swiss restaurants. The app offers different services, from booking to payment, increasing customer interaction and engagement.
- Participated as a technical team lead and main Android developer in mobile application development for Atupri, a Swiss health insurance company. The app allows the customers to manage their bills and policies more efficiently.
Senior Android Developer
Open Web Technology
- Created the Android application for a private Swiss bank. Managed other local and offshore developers.
- Developed an Android mobile application for a Swiss telecommunications company from scratch.
- Worked as the main lead Android developer in the development of a mobile application for a Swiss security company.
Travelling and Mobility R&D | University of Geneva
- Participated as the lead software engineer in Virgilius, an international project aiming to increase seniors' independence and mobility through location services.
- Designed and developed the navigation module NaviMod, an Android library offering online and offline navigation services.
- Continued the development of the map module Global Map API (GMA), an Android library whose main functionality was to provide universal indoor and outdoor mapping services using multiple providers.
- Participated in developing the core modules used in the company, such as invoice management, payroll, accounting, and insurance.
- Designed and developed the statistics and business intelligence module used across all the core modules of the company.
- Designed and developed the electronic billing module used to sign documents electronically.
Flutter, Android SDK, Spring
Android Studio, Firebase Analytics, Firebase Authentication, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Slack, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Firebase Test Lab, Postman, Apache Tomcat, Subversion (SVN), Google Analytics
REST, App Development
Android, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Mobile, Ubuntu, Eclipse, iOS
Firebase Realtime Database, Cloud Firestore, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL
Software Development, Mobile App Development, Apps, Mobile Apps, APIs, Firebase Hosting, Firebase Cloud Functions, Google Data Studio, Mobile Banking, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Health Insurance, Restaurants & Dining, Telemedicine, Health, Location Tracking
Java Servlets, JasperReports, Stripe API, Plaid API
Erasmus Exchange Program in Computer Science
University of Hradec Králové - Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Polytechnic University of Madrid - Madrid, Spain
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring