Mauro Leonardo Sabatelli de Moura
Verified Expert in Engineering
Mauro is a skilled entrepreneur and software engineer with more than five years of experience developing back-end applications and integrations. He spearheaded the creation of a wealth management back-office system using Node.js and founded a tech consultancy firm to help companies modernize their processes.
The most amazing...
...project I've created is an AI chatbot with domain-specific knowledge to extract data, answer queries, interact with users, and generate analysis for companies.
- Developed a web scraping service that retrieves unstructured data from public sources using Node.js and stores it as structured data with MySQL so that it can be properly used by non-technical managers, using REST API, Google Sheets, Excel, and Power BI.
- Helped an old-school company modernize its operations by structuring workflows with Google Sheets and GAS user-friendly interface to monitor information from non-technical employees to managers with an organized AWS RDS database.
- Developed a call center tool that allows agents to quickly simulate their price quotes according to their customers' needs by retrieving data from REST API with Node.js and Express.js integrated with a MySQL database.
Partner, Operations and Technology
Loyall Investimentos Ltda
- Led the project and development of the company's operating system to automate and integrate portfolio management from operations to customer reporting. The system back end was based on Node.js with MongoDB+MySQL databases and Discord (communication).
- Transformed an outdated Excel/email based system into a modern back-end system with REST APIs including Node.js+Express.js, queues (RabbitMQ), CronJobs (Agendash), and modern tools from the GCP such as databases, AutoML, Maps, Apps Script, and GCF.
- Created and maintained the Data Lake used by the company to store financial market registry and end-of-day information such as prices and volumes by extracting data from various structured data sources or web scraping.
Node.js Scraping Expert
- Developed a web scrapper to fetch market information in a programmatic manner using TypeScript with Express.js writing to a PostgreSQL database.
- Designed and orchestrated the workflow to execute multiple fetching routines in a programmatic and scalable way using queued jobs with BullMQ (Redis).
- Specified layers to control the usage of third-party APIs, avoiding overloading or being blocked by external services.
Declan Wesley Whitmyer
- Structured the user-story workflow for the project, then properly designed a suitable database to support the data exchange needs.
- Developed the base infrastructure to minimally integrate the client's app to three external services, according to their API limitations, and validate the feasibility of their app.
- Prepared all the user creation, validation, and authentication process and minimum integration with the external services providers.
- Spotted the missing points that required external accomplishments regarding the business to enable further development of the application's back end.
Founder | Developer | Manager
Loja Do Presente
- Developed a proprietary dropshipping website that connects AliExpress sellers with Brazilian customers through a 100% integrated workflow to purchase items from AliExpress and ship them directly to the customer's address through the Shopify platform.
- Integrated the website with Facebook to target ads to the appropriate customer profiles using Facebook Pixel. Also, integrated the payment methods (Yampi+MercadoLibre) into the checkout page.
- Developed post-sales automations using Shopify automation tools to notify customers of shipping information and managed marketing strategies like offering discount coupons for detailed reviews, referral offers, etc.
Investment Portfolios Managing App
It calculates portfolio holdings daily, based on previous and daily operations, performing asset and liability calculations. It automatically integrates with brokerage and custody accounts to retrieve all necessary information on day-to-day operations. It reconciles all data with fund administrators and other third parties involved in managing mutual funds, ETFs, and hedge funds.
The market data comes entirely from our internal data repository, updated daily from myriad data sources such as the Brazilian Stock Exchange (B3), Brazilian regulators (CVM, Anbima), and many other financial institutions.
The application also creates customized reports for back-office staff, fund managers, and fund clients. It also enabled further Power BI and Excel integrations by mapping its no-SQL database to an SQL database. It also communicates and alerts users using Discord API
Aside from the technical benefits, the company could eliminate $5+ thousand per month in external software licensing expenses by implementing a proprietary system.
Financial Market Data ETL and Repository
The application also analyses and loads macroeconomic data, company fundamentals from quarterly reports, and other specific information to allow users to extract data for their business intelligence reports.
The application has an automatic checking routine to detect missing or doubtful information based on many predefined algorithms to ensure the completeness and meaningfulness of the database.
Healthcare Insurance Brokers Call Center Pricing App
Call center agents could quickly determine the best price quotes for each customer by submitting the information required by the system through a REST API and then simulating the quotes according to the customer's needs.
The application stored the information about the simulations and the agents, in compliance with privacy regulations, LGPD and GDPR, for further analysis by the managers to increase the effectiveness of the sales team.
Newsletter Auto Analyst with ML
Monday/Pipefy Workflow Integration
Timesheet Automation with Google Sheets
It was created in a manner that also could be run in pre-scheduled routines and have access conditions to authorize users to perform controlled actions properly.
OpenAI QA/Analyst Chatbot
Developed in TypeScript with the NestJS framework, the chatbot is integrated with Discord to enable seamless user interaction, facilitating almost real-time communication and collaboration.
To manage and retrieve documents, the chatbot employs Pinecone, a vector database, allowing for efficient storage and retrieval of relevant information. Leveraging its intelligent document selection capabilities, the chatbot can identify pertinent documents and craft informed responses based on the user's request or query context.
This project allows companies to have improved decision-making through data-driven insights, reduced response time to critical inquiries, and enhanced overall operational efficiency.
Express.js, NestJS, Selenium, Jest
Node.js, REST APIs, Puppeteer, Google Apps, Gmail API, jQuery, Facebook API, Shopify API, CheerioJS, Redis Queue
Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Sequelize, Microsoft Access, GitHub, GitLab, AutoML, IBM Watson, Facebook Pixel, Git, Prisma, Docker Compose
REST, ETL, Automation, Back-end Architecture, Clean Code, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Scrum, MEAN Stack, Test-driven Development (TDD)
MySQL, JSON, MongoDB, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud, Databases, Redis
Web Scraping, APIs, Back-end Development, Financial Data, API Integration, Excel Expert, Excel 365, Data Scraping, Back-end, Integration, Scraping, Excel Macros, JSON REST APIs, API Design, API Connectors, SOLID Principles, Web Applications, MERN Stack, Architecture, Business Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Numerical Methods, Controlling, Google Cloud Natural Language, Amazon RDS, Monday.com, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Agile Sprints, Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Google Cloud Functions, Discord, Facebook Ads, Facebook, Webhooks, API Documentation, Discord Bots, MEVN Stack, Software Analysis, Axios, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Vector Data, LangChain, Algorithms
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Shopify
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
The Polytechnic University of Milan - Milan, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Polytechnic School of the University of São Paulo - São Paulo, Brazil