Verified Expert in Engineering
Michael is a passionate full-stack developer with experience building marketplaces, food ordering apps, and fintech products. Michael is currently the co-founder and CTO of Kopus, a startup helping creator scale their podcasts. He previously built Yezure, a peer-to-peer marketplace focused on helping people rent almost anything online. Previously, Michael worked as a product manager for two fintech startups, including one acquired for $103 million.
GitHub, Vue, Vuex, Firebase, Node.js, TypeScript, Nuxt.js, React, Next.js
The most amazing...
...project I've helped build is zumrails.com, a payment platform that is now powering the payments for Questrade, a prominent Canadian broker firm.
- Hired and managed teams of developers and helped complete projects effectively.
- Defined the technology stack to build the products and guided the overall technical vision.
- Shaped how a project's technical side is managed, striving for a well-defined process that brings results.
- Tracked the team's performance and the technical infrastructures.
- Managed the product vision and the roadmaps for each product and feature.
- Developed the product strategy and took decisions about features, uniqueness, and utilities.
- Determined the technical requirements of the product.
- Built a scalable database architecture and defined the technology stack.
- Created the front-end and the back-end with serverless and JAMstack technologies.
- Developed and maintaining the user interface and optimized the user experience.
- Implemented responsivity for desktop and mobile websites.
- Wrote reusable code and libraries following best practices.
- Came up with the design and features suggestions to improve the application.
Product Manager and Front-end Developer
- Contributed to defining the product roadmap based on the company strategy, market research, and analytic data.
- Defined and implemented metrics related to the product strategy.
- Collected and analyzed qualitative and quantitative customer feedback.
- Identified strategic opportunities or synergies across various competing initiatives.
- Ensured the product is driving real value to our customers in a measurable way.
- Developed the product requirements with buy-in from stakeholders.
- Built the front end and interfaces for the application.
- Helped with the design and development of software.
- Tested and debugged software to keep it optimized.
- Wrote clean code for the front and back end of the software.
- Designed user interactions on the web application itself.
- Created servers and databases for the back end of the software.
- Tested and maintained the responsive design of applications.
- Developed APIs and RESTful services and managed the application security.
- Researched and analyzed the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Led the planning of product release plans and set expectations for the delivery of new functionalities.
- Performed an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion.
- Ensured that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Planned and prioritized the product features backlog and the development for the product.
- Defined the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities.
- Assessed value, developed cases, and prioritized stories, epics, and themes to ensure the products are aligned with the strategy.
- Provided backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Identified and analyzed business needs and developed the reporting in Tableau and Power BI.
- Established management reports to ensure close monitoring of key KPIs.
- Developed scenarios and sensitivity models to recommend options for strategic initiatives and to predict the financial evolution of different accounts.
- Responded quickly and effectively to requests of strategic significance.
I was the founder and creator of the platform, managing the product vision, the roadmap, the UI/UX, the designer, and the back-end and front-end developer.
I am the co-founder and CTO of the company, managing the development team, roadmaps, and developing the application.
Vuetify, Nuxt.js, Express.js, Bootstrap, Jest, Vue SSR, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Laravel, Next.js
Vue, Vuex, REST APIs, Node.js, Stripe, React, Stripe API, React Redux
Firebase, DigitalOcean, Algolia
MySQL, Databases, JSON, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cloud Firestore
Analysis, APIs, Portfolio Analytics, Vercel, Research, UI Research, i18n, Algorithms, Development
GitHub, Git, Slack, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, React Apollo, Aha!, Figma, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Laval University - Quebec, Canada
Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in Computer Science
Cégep de Sainte-Foy - Quebec, Canada