Verified Expert in Engineering
MERN Stack Developer
Michael is an accomplished tech executive with success in consulting and digital publishing industries. Most recently, he built the entire technology platform a multimillion-dollar digital publisher uses to deliver its content and services to millions of people worldwide. He has experience conceptualizing, designing, developing, maintaining, and analyzing innovative and high-quality technology and products.
Git, Xcode, Node.js, MacOS, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a digital publishing platform that supported millions of people and included data, analytics, email, automation, gamification and more.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the entire back end and admin platform that the entire digital publishing company ran on and everyone in the company used every day.
- Created the platform that combined analytics, automation, email marketing, gamification, loyalty, CMS, subscriptions, and much more to enable the business to reach and support millions of people every day.
- Built and led the engineering, optimization like conversion and SEO, and data analytics teams, including BI and data engineering.
- Designed and implemented the company's data warehouse storing many terabytes of data.
- Led regular day-to-day BI initiatives as well as larger strategic research projects to help gain an understanding of the business's audience and its successes and failures.
CEO | CTO
- Developed the entire platform including backend REST API, iOS app and web app that allowed university students to pay and get paid to tutor each other via chat, meet-ups, and/or video sessions—think Uber for tutoring.
- Worked on email and Facebook login, question/answer forum, payments/payouts, text, image and video chat, promotion codes, social sharing, push notifications, and more.
- Built an algorithm to match students who needed tutoring with available tutors based on location, rating, subject, and other factors.
- Developed an administrator management app to review tutor applications, manage users, and view session reports.
- Developed the entire back-end REST API and deployed to Heroku with the ability to scale easily.
- Developed more than 30 apps for clients ranging from small startups to large international corporations.
- Managed the development of more than 50 apps and platforms with teams consisting of product managers, developers, designers, and QA testers.
- Developed an entire iOS app that communicated with a baby monitor through WiFi and our back end.
- Managed the project team to develop the iOS, Android and back-end while also communicating and syncing with both the product and hardware teams in the US, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Worked as a member of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for the Mac OS X team.
- Helped to build, update, and manage the app.
Express.js, Cocoa Touch, AFNetworking, Swagger, Core Data, Bootstrap, Cypress
Node.js, REST APIs, Facebook SDK, Lodash, Google Places API, Google Maps SDK, Stripe, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Fabric, Moment.js, Passport.js, Socket.IO, Google Analytics API, React, Handlebars, Google Maps, Mandrill API, LinkedIn API
BigQuery, Slack, Xcode, TokBox, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Sublime Text 3, Crashlytics, Postman, Git, Skype, Photoshop CC, SourceTree, Bitbucket, Mongoose, NPM, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Webpack, Ghost, PyCharm, Tableau, Sublime Text, Google Places SDK, Adobe Photoshop, Jira, Babel, Visual Studio
Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), MEAN Stack
iOS, OpenTok, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Mapbox
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, PostgreSQL
Google BigQuery, Mobile UX, Product Design, Product Management, Product Strategy, APIs, Google, User Experience (UX), Big Data, Strategy, MERN Stack, CTO, SparkPost, Business Strategy, SSL, Stripe Managed Accounts, APNs, Data, Bluetooth, Mapbox SDK
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Concordia University - Montreal, Québec, Canada