Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Michael has seven years of experience as an all-around developer specializing in QA automation. He produces automated test scripts from scratch and implements them into CI/CD pipelines. He can adapt to any task to solve problems that will increase efficiency and reliability within the software development at a company. Altogether, Michael is a dedicated, reliable, and ingenious problem solver.
The most amazing...
...solution I've developed is an API that stores test results from company-wide projects and enables on-demand report viewing.
Senior Test Engineer
- Developed component unit tests in Cypress.io interacting with the React Redux store to mimic end-to-end testing in a single React component.
- Integrated Cypress.io tests into a CI/CD pipeline using CircleCI and Bitbucket Pipelines to enable tests to run on every pull request to catch bugs.
- Created custom integration code for Cypress.io to update Jira tickets via their APIs whenever a new release occurred.
- Implemented mobile automated testing using Detox with a React Native codebase to test Android and iOS.
Senior Test Engineer
- Created an API using Spring Boot that talks to MongoDB and stores test results. This was adopted as a company-wide solution to record previous test results and deliver them on demand.
- Developed utility methods that minimized the time needed to create new test cases. An example is an interface that allowed us to test negative and positive boundaries on JSON fields that endpoints accepted for every endpoint in any API.
- Managed and created Jenkins parallel CI/CD pipeline jobs for test cases that ran against the production and testing environments.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed automated regression tests using Selenium and Appium around mobile and desktop UIs to increase confidence in releases.
- Performed manual testing for UI, mobile, and API microservice software. Mobile testing included testing with location services and mobile UI.
Document Accessibility Specialist
- Created Access databases using VBA and SQL to increase the workflow of my department and reduce the time between documents by 50%.
- Introduced innovative and more efficient ways by using scripts and optimizing the use of CommonLook to remediate documents to reduce time to complete by 30% or more depending on the document.
- Created macros using AutoHotkey and found ways to automate manual and repetitive tasks within the position.
Transflo Mobile App Testing
Testing Pipeline Implementation
Selenium, Cypress, JUnit, Appium, TestNG, Spring Boot, .NET Core
REST APIs, Selenium Grid, Jenkins Pipeline, React, Node.js, jQuery, Jira REST API
Jenkins, Apache Maven, Postman, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, REST Assured, Cucumber, AutoHotkey, CircleCI, Bitbucket, TestRail, Gradle, ActiveBatch, Apache JMeter, VMware
Test Automation, Manual Testing, Automated Testing
Docker, Android, Windows, Linux, OpenShift, iOS, Kubernetes
Test Automation Frameworks, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, QA Testing, Manual QA, Microsoft Office, Business, SOAP, Performance Testing, Mobile App Testing, Pact, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Servers, Adobe Acrobat Pro, WCAG 2, Mobile Device QA Automation, Detox
MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Associate Degree in Computer Systems and Networks
Polk State College - Lakeland, FL, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring