HTML Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Co-Founder2012 - PRESENTSplitVR
- Built a core group payment platform with a RESTful API for processing social transactions.
- Implemented a fully functional vacation rental site showcasing our group payment technology.
- Created a notification system for all workflow and engagement notifications.
- Integrated with third-party APIs to load properties and enable real-time bookings.
- Built a customer dashboard and back-end tools to manage group payments.
Senior Software Engineer (4yrs), Director Of Engineering (1yr)2007 - 2012Vertigo
- Worked as tech lead on the Emmy nominated online video experience for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
- Was tech lead on NBC Sunday Night Football Extra.
- Developed Golf Channel iOS apps as tech lead.
- Worked as tech lead on a digital asset management system for Viacom.
- Served as tech lead for the development of an iOS app for NBC Sports Talk (chosen as one of Gizmodo's “Best iPhone Apps” ).
- Managed a team of 30+ amazing engineers as Director of Engineering at Vertigo.
Senior Software Architect1999 - 2007EBSCO
- Designed and built a platform for a large number of science, technical, and medical journals.
- Scaled a system to handle 2 million unique sessions per day processing complex real-time queries and logging billions of usage events.
- Developed the rights management service, handling thousands of requests/second.
- Developed custom full text search engines searching 4 million articles in sub second times.
- Awarded Employee of the Year in 2002 (5,000 person company).
- Sunday Night Football Extra (Development)
A live online HD video experience for NBC Sports Sunday Night Football. It features five alternate camera angles, timeline markers, DVR style video controls, live stats, live Q&A with star commentators, and more.
- NBC Sports Talk iOS Applications (Development)
This was picked by Gizmodo as one of their “Best iPhone Apps" and carries a 4+ star rating. I built the first version with a small team in 3 weeks.
- SplitVR (Development)
This is my company. We built a group payment platform that makes it easy to split the cost of goods and services with friends and family. Everyone pays their share and no one is charged unless the group meets their goals. We launched SplitVR, a vacation rental listing site that allows users to "split with friends" utilizing our group payment platform.
Libraries/APIsNode.js, jQuery, Backbone.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MongoDB, NoSQL
ToolsSublime Text 2, Git
PlatformsAWS EC2, Linux, Windows, iOS
OtherTechnical Project Management