- Mentor2013 - PRESENTBloc.io
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Heroku, GitHub
- Mentored 9 students with previous experience ranging from programming novices to senior developers.
- Wrote hundreds of code review comments on github for the students' projects.
- Led a workshop titled "How to Build Your First Web App" for prospective students.
- Contributed numerous fixes and updates to the curriculum text.
- Migrated the whole text of the curriculum from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Web Developer2013 - 2014Spins.fm
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Created a responsive analytics panel for spins.fm staff members, using AngularJS on frontend and PostgreSQL+Redis on the backend.
- Implemented an artist page wizard in AngularJS with color, background image and flavor text inputs, accompanied by a live preview.
- Integrated a new design with the site, including the dynamic parts of the application.
- Implemented payments processing using Stripe.
- Refactored a significant portion of the codebase adding automated tests along the way.
- Senior Developer2012 - 2014Ragnarson
Technologies: Ruby, CoffeeScript, Sinatra, MongoDB
- Programmed and deployed a web scraper in Ruby and CoffeeScript utilizing PhantomJS.
- Built an affiliate tracking system in Ruby using Sinatra and backed by a replicated MongoDB.
- Led a team on a project from its conception up to a successful production deployment and post-launch maintenance.
- Created an automated test suite for checking multitude of MongoDB failure scenarios.
- Researched methods of tracking users on the web.
- Organized and lead two full-month internships, mentoring thirteen students.
- Co-founder2012 - 2014Shelly Cloud
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Chef, Linux
- Created a generic deployment subsystem in Ruby with a custom scheduler that is easy to monitor and further program in.
- Developed and maintained the platform using Ruby on Rails, OpenStack, and chef.
- Worked with full stack of web technologies, including MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Resque, Sidekiq, HAProxy, Nginx, Varnish and others.
- Fixed client and platform problems by contributing patches to open source projects such as thin, Redis and Mongo Ruby Driver.
- Wrote numerous blog posts on programming and administration topics.
- Did technical support for Shelly Cloud users, helping with migration and deployment of Ruby apps to the platform.
- Presented and talked at conferences and local Ruby user groups about the product.
- Senior Developer2011 - 2012Morizon.pl
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL
- Developed and maintained the front-end application written in Ruby on Rails.
- Optimized back-end import system, tackling MySQL performance problems.
- Taught my team agile practices including automated testing and code reviews.
- Designed and developed a RESTful JSON API for two mobile applications.
- Implemented a custom routing system for the purposes of fine-grained SEO.
- Created a dedicated landing page for mobile marketing campaign in Sinatra.
- Wrote a Campfire bot in Python that relayed system alerts directly to the chat.
- Web Developer2007 - 2011Ragnarson
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, jQuery
- Migrated a legacy TCL application with a static content structure into a proper PostgreSQL schema.
- Created a Ruby on Rails application for eKartenwelt.de with full administration capabilities regaining and building upon features of the old system.
- Built Jobeinstieg, a job search site in Ruby on Rails backed by PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Developed a dynamic resume form in jQuery for Jobmensa a German job search site for students.
- Developed a CMS for PokerOlymp, a German site for poker fans, using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Graduate Associate2008 - 2008Walt Disney Animation Studios
Technologies: Python, C
- Programmed Pythoscope, an open source tool for generating unit tests for legacy systems written in Python.
- Researched behavior of CPython's compiler and bytecode interpreter.
- Built a library to dynamically trace program execution using Python and an extension in C.
- Researched unit testing frameworks used by Python programmers and incorporated that knowledge into Pythoscope.
- Wrote a thesis on capture and analysis of side effects in Python programs for the purpose of unit test generation.
- Student Developer2006 - 2007Google/Python Software Foundation
Technologies: Python, VMware
- Programmed a patch verification system that connected with a bug tracker and CPython's subversion server was able to automatically test patches attached to bugs.
- Built an automated virtualization subsystem based on VMWare that was able to compile and test CPython sources on multitude of supported systems, including Linux and Windows.
- Worked on Cheesecake project, an automated tool for computing project's quality based on factors such as documentation, lint score, unit tests presence and coverage.
- Learned Agile development methodology and tested the virtue of unit testing.
- Integrated Cheesecake with PyPI (Python Package Index) to automatically calculate quality of the published packages.