Machine Learning Engineer2019 - PRESENTCigna
Technologies: Python, PySpark, Spark NLP, Apache Hive, Bash Script, Perl, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Zeppelin, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Agile, Linux, SQL, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Machine Learning, PyCharm
- Designed a Spark K-Means classifier running on Spark NLP embeddings generated from free text transcripts of phone calls to identify words indicative of an Adverse Event. This product will improve patient safety and expand an existing revenue stream.
- Applied PCA dimensionality reduction on NLP embeddings to visualize clusters generated and easily identify areas of focus without having to label data. This approach saved much time and manual work, enabling the use case to move expeditiously.
- Launched our pilot product and received an enthusiastic response. Out of about 2 million rows of transcript data, the solution returned about 5,000 words for review. In the first 19 calls reviewed a reportable AE was identified.
Machine Learning Engineer2018 - 2019Express Scripts
Technologies: Zeppelin, Hadoop, Java, Scala, Apache Spark, Oracle, Machine Learning, HBase, Spark Streaming, Agile, Linux, SQL, Phoenix, Apache Kafka, Data Analysis, Bash Script, Data Modeling, RESTful APIs, RESTful Development, IntelliJ IDEA
- Crafted a binary KNN classifier in Scala with Hamming distance from a training set I translated into binary code. This improved processing time so the model could be used with a streaming solution and externalized spring API in real-time.
- Encountered a challenge at the end of the pilot as we discovered the current claim process didn't make enough features available when predictions needed to be invoked. We collaborated with the business, outlining the challenges and possible solutions.
- Wrote scripts for auto restarting APIs, auto fetching logs from distributed databases, monitoring dashboards with Splunk enterprise and more as needed. This laser precise solution will yield the company an estimated $29 million in savings every year.
Associate Software Engineer2017 - 2018Express Scripts
Technologies: Oracle, Pega, Java, Agile, Confluence, Eclipse IDE, OAuth, Grafana, RESTful APIs, RESTful Development, SQL, PegaRULEs Process Commander (PRPC)
- Created an enterprise API in Java around a legacy product called Oracle Advanced Queue. It facilitates enterprise wide patient eligibility searches, saving about $100,000 dollars every year. It was the biggest value added FY 2017 on the project.
- Built new Pega applications that automate and manage the lifecycle of a specialty prescription, including a payer selection system that maps an individual’s insurance information to corresponding claim centers with 95% accuracy.
- Solved a difficult problem that arose in an MVP1 production release that was impeding our entire project because users were unable to process payer information. I received recognition from my organization’s VP afterward.
- Authored many confluence pages to help our engineers, users, and business stakeholders understand our software. I also worked with the end user experience team to address technological barriers to innovation and improve productivity.