Systems Lead2014 - 2016DisplayNote Technologies
Technologies: NGINX, SQL, JOOQ, Android, XMPP, Linux, Azure, DeltaSpike, Hazelcast, MySQL, Hibernate, Vert.x, WildFly, Java EE
- Architected, developed, and administered all back-end networked services consumed by company products, staff, and end-users.
- Built a real-time event-driven server for tunnelling and multicasting text and binary data throughout LANs transparently.
- Integrated an open source XMPP server into a Java EE deployments ecosystem.
- Wrote several client-side libraries for Android consuming REST APIs.
- Designed and implemented many REST APIs, administrative tools, and onboarding websites for end-users.
- Built a push notification service for mobile devices and browsers for messaging and online collaboration scenarios.
Linux Systems Specialist2014 - 2014IDSens
Technologies: SQLite, Raspberry Pi, Python
- Wrote a wifi and bluetooth scanning system using Python and SQLite used to track anonymous user traffic over large commercial areas.
- Prepared scripts and tools for an autonomous, boxed Raspbian-based embedded Raspberry Pi product.
CTO2013 - 2014Voozer Technologies
Technologies: Weld (Java Servlet), SQL, JOOQ, WebSockets, Asterisk, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, Java
- Built a real-time Web Sockets-based VoIP calls broker on top of Asterisk and its management API.
- Led the development of a product built on top of NLP tools and VoIP calls for users to interact with a SW appointment manager via their voice using common language.
- Wrote SW components interacting with Loquendo libraries for text-to-speech and audio recognition.
- Created an end-users facing website for customers to handle their auto-appointed services and calendar.
Senior SW Engineer2012 - 2013Mubiquo
Technologies: Android, Amazon, MySQL, GWT, Java EE
- Build a custom cloud-based content management system to manage translations, images, promotions, and all static assets for mobile applications.
- Wrote an Android application featuring a design-rich picture agenda for newborns.
- Designed processes and tooling to move from "spreadsheet hell" to mostly automated software managed procedures so that assets get more efficiently managed.
- Wrote a code generation tool to output Objective-C and Java parsers for documents based on a JSON schema-like model.
Chief Software Officer2011 - 2012Soltec Trackers
Technologies: Amazon, MySQL, Java EE, Embedded Systems, C
- Wrote C system code and mathematic equations for the embedded micro-processor controlling solar tracking for photovoltaic panels.
- Built an Android application for aiding in solar tracker installation and configuration.
- Architected and implemented cloud-based services and the website in charge of collecting information from trackers and management.
Technical Manager2007 - 2011Envitel
Technologies: NetBeans, Industrial Protocols, Swing, Python, Java EE, Java, GWT, MySQL, PostgreSQL, C, Linux
- Led a technical team of four developers.
- Designed and led the implementation of a networked control and monitoring center using video and real-time signals from a numerous set of heterogeneous industrial equipment.
- Built an embedded in-vehicle video recording and transmitting console for police forces.
- Build and deployed on-site a recollecting and exploitation system aimed at counting people moving around in Metro stations using ceiling cameras.
Software Engineer2000 - 2007Visual Tools
Technologies: C, Java, HTML, Python, Embedded Systems, Bash, Linux
- Wrote several Linux kernel modules interfacing with custom company hardware components.
- Built several Python bindings for in-house C software libraries.
- Participated in several International R&D projects funded by the European Union on fields of real-time systems, software components, and QoS.
- Wrote a Python CGI-based web interface for embedded video recording and transmitting units.
- Built several Python system level general-purpose modules for x86-based embedded devices.
- Wrote several C system libraries and programs for low-level operations and networked communications.
Intern1999 - 1999Construcciones Aeronáuticas, Space Division
- Wrote simulation code in Ada to evaluate a number of software design and development tools for real-time systems.
Developer1999 - 1999Motorola Berlin GmbH. Radio Division
Technologies: Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, SQL, LabVIEW
- Implemented a LabVIEW test bench software manager for TETRA radio devices using an MS Access-based front-end for data exploitation.