iOS Developer2013 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, Xcode
- Developed an iOS app to display an animated slideshow of images over recorded jazz music.
- Created an iPhone app to display sheet music in sync with recorded audio. Transcribed the solo saxophone parts from the artist's albums in order to create the sheet music as pdf, which would then be rendered in a scrollview, which would be animated to the correct position by observing the audio playback.
- Built an iPad app to playback video music lessons, with sheet music displayed simultaneously.
- Developed an Alarm Clock app that used notifications to wake up the user with the artist's smooth jazz recordings.
- Rebuilt the teaching section of an artist's website as an iOS app.
- Developed and shipped over 15 apps for clients as a freelancer, specializing in music education apps.
iOS Developer2010 - 2013Independent
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C
- Developed an iPhone app for music students to practice recognizing chords and scales.
- Developed an iPad app that generates piano, bass and drum parts, based on chords and tempo selected by the user, and plays the music while displaying the sheet music. This is background music the musician can use to practice soloing.
- Built an iOS app that helps a musician discover new pentatonic scales, and create their own. This included a Guitar Tab display.
- Created a tuning app for classical musicians.
- Ported iPhone apps to iPad and Mac.