- President/CTOAC Research, Ltd.1998 - PRESENT
- Led the design and development of a J2EE-based video lottery game server for the Chinese National Sports Lottery.
- Architected and consulted on the design for a project to build a national account-based Lottery gaming system for the China Sports Lottery.
- Architected, designed, and developed a J2EE-based mobile gateway for lottery ticket sales for the Shanghai Welfare Lottery. The gateway enabled integration between Internet-based mobile sales application providers and the lottery’s legacy central gaming server.
- Architected and led the design and development of a J2EE based Internet medical survey system.
- Developed advanced technology for next-generation telephone switching systems using J2EE application servers and Java technology for clients in the telecommunications industry.
- Appointed as an expert witness for the plaintiff in the area of lottery technology to the High Court of Justice in the UK in relation to a successful lawsuit against British Telecom by an independent UK lottery operator.
- Architected, developed, and led the design of a next-generation lottery POS terminal for Norsk Tipping AS. The POS terminal was one of the first to be based entirely on a PC platform (from IBM), and was implemented entirely in Java.
- Provided a technology analysis and recommendation for Norsk Tipping AS related to the incorporation of advanced J2EE technology in their Internet-based distribution channel.
- Developed an innovative TCP proxy solution to overcome scalability issues with the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Remote Access Service.
- Principal Consultant - New Business DevelopmentGTECH Corporation1996 - 1998
- Led an interdisciplinary team chartered with developing the overall strategy, business plan, marketing plan, and technology approach in support of GTECH’s entry into the Internet gaming market.
- Spearheaded a program to deliver multiple Internet product prototypes, including a web-based lottery industry information service and a Java-based consumer Internet wagering service.
- Provided technology consulting to corporate due diligence activities related to partnerships and acquisitions.
- Worked with corporate human resources to operate the company's university partnership and internship programs. Participating universities included MIT, University of Chicago, and Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Researched, designed, and built original system prototypes in support of potential non-lottery business opportunities.
- Director, Software Architecture GroupGTECH Corporation1995 - 1996
Technologies: C/C++/vendor proprietary (e.g. VMS), UML, rational methodologies
- Administrated an internal R&D and consulting group consisting of the company’s most senior engineering professionals.
- Spearheaded a large-scale strategic research project for the purpose of developing a vision and architecture for the Company’s next generation of on-line systems. Resulted in an innovative vision of the future, and a comprehensive technical specification, which became a reference guide for the Company's ongoing product development.
- Conducted research including pilot projects aimed at understanding the applicability of various new technologies, Introduced best practices and lessons learned into the mainline organization.
- Director, Software Communications GroupGTECH Corporation1993 - 1995
Technologies: Vendor Proprietary
- Managed the organization responsible on a worldwide basis for the development, deployment, and maintenance of the communications software required to operate our customer's lottery POS networks.
- Established the Software Communications organization as a formal function. Defined the group’s vision, mission, and charter. Performed the organizational design, work process definition, and staffing of the organization.
- Coordinated the research, design, and timely delivery of the networking systems for the largest lottery system in the world for the UK National Lottery.
- Senior Technical Consultant - Communications Systems EngineeringGTECH Corporation1989 - 1993
Technologies: Vendor Proprietary
- Led the team charged with the development of the overall architecture for the company’s European communications systems. Delivered a set of concise technical specifications describing the architecture, interfaces, and protocols oft he system.
- Conceived and managed a product development effort pioneering the use of inexpensive, off-the-shelf PC technology as the basis for the network interface front-ends for online systems. The completed project resulted in the reduction of the capital cost of deploying an Online/POS communications system by over 65 percent. Led the development of the software and worked with hardware vendors such as Intel and Emulex to design the underlying hardware.