IT Consultant2016 - PRESENTPriceBlink
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Rackspace, MySQL, PHP
- Fully upgraded a legacy stack (OS and app).
- Migrated the system to AWS.
- Transitioned to full SSL processing.
- Oversaw the security of the infrastructure.
IT Consultant/System Administrator2016 - PRESENTOne Door
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Ruby, AWS
- Created a merchandising cloud - SaaS platform operational in multiple regions.
- Built highly available and scalable AWS infrastructure.
- Provided continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins.
- Implemented single sign-on (Okta, OneLogin).
Group IT Operations Manager2010 - 2015Claranet Group
Technologies: Juniper, Cisco, MariaDB, Puppet, Linux, VMware
- Created and maintained secure/scalable/highly available IT/IS infrastructure supporting all group services and key shared hosting platforms.
- Increased high availability of database servers (multi master replication).
- Moved part of the physical infrastructure into a private cloud (VMware ESXi, Nutanix, 10gbps network).
- Provided PaaS to development teams including automated tests and builds.
- Configured a Juniper Firefly virtual firewall.
- Created a log search tool allowing support teams to filter and process logs from a shared hosting platform.
- Managed NetScaler VPX load balancer, including SSL certificates.
- Provided GitLab instance to the all group members.
- Managed a corporate website - BGP anycast cache domain (using Varnish) with LAMP back-end.
- Upgraded puppet and used dynamic environments and automatic manifests propagation via r10k.
Senior Systems Administrator2009 - 2010Claranet UK
Technologies: Unbound, PowerDNS, Exim, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Quagga, LAMP
- Migrated three legacy shared hosting platforms onto a new multitenant platform.
- Deployed a highly available database cluster (MySQL).
- Upgraded servers running a legacy OS to the latest LTS versions.
- Performed a security assessment of the infrastructure and platforms.
- Rolled out new BGP any-cast DNS nodes around Europe.
Infrastructure Specialist2008 - 2009Boltblue International
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, AWS, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Java, Oracle
- Managed a mobile content delivery network (in-house CDN).
- Migrated the whole infrastructure into AWS.
- Created and validated disaster recovery procedures.
- Created and managed business reports supporting marketing campaigns and sales team.
- Worked with vendors on continuous service improvement (message delivery).
Lead architect1998 - 2009Barda SW, HW, s.r.o.
Technologies: Visual FoxPro, Java, Apache, PHP
- Built a framework for SMS processing (meal ordering platform).
- Wrote code for various automatic bank payment systems.
- Wrote code to generate HACCP reports required by local legal entities.
- Wrote code for direct debits processing.
- Wrote code for online ordering via web portal (PHP).
- Managed Linux infrastructure to support the business.
- Worked on ID cards management and processing.
Systems Administrator2006 - 2008Sport Media Group - Go Content Ltd.
Technologies: Iptables, Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL, BIND9, BIND 9, Apache, Java
- Optimized database schema and indexes for the internal CMS.
- Upgraded and consolidated the DNS platform (BIND).
- Implemented IT policies (configuration, release, and incident management).
- Built a highly available network infrastructure in two distant sites.
- Delivered a news letter mail platform.
Web and WAP Systems Administrator2005 - 2006T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s.
Technologies: WebSphere, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Apache
- Managed network and application load balancers with SSL offload.
- Managed the primary customer portal - T-Zones - J2EE, Tomcat, Apache.
- Managed WAP Gateway for all T-Mobile customers (OpenWave MAG).
- Implemented Oracle directory service (LDAP).
- Directly involved in the roll out of the first Unified Messaging service in Europe (Paegas Click service).