Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Mile is a senior software engineer with around seven years of professional experience working as a back-end engineer in Java/Kotlin with Spring Boot and Quarkus. He has also gained several years of experience as a full-stack engineer, working on the front end with TypeScript and React. His expertise makes him a great addition to any team.
IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Boot, Kotlin, Java, Quarkus, API Applications, Applications, PostgreSQL, SQL
The most amazing...
...thing I ever did was designing the architecture and process to take out and redesign a few services from a monolith.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Integrated WhatsApp Cloud API for sending and receiving WhatsApp messages and templates, used by hundreds of thousands of daily users.
- Integrated the Typesense search engine into the product, enabling seamless data ingestion and search capabilities.
- Revamped the codebase testing structure, reducing the run time in continuous integration (CI) by half.
- Participated in code reviews and significantly enhanced code quality by implementing cleaner and more efficient solutions.
- Fixed bugs and actively contributed to architectural discussions to make crucial decisions for the product's design.
- Enhanced shop processes and increased customer satisfaction by developing the software infrastructure for shop assistants using Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, and React.
- Extracted a microservice from a monolithic architecture and implemented it in Node.js, reducing the complexity of the monolith and improving the scalability of the application.
- Participated in collaborative coding sessions focused on exchanging insights and practices related to test-driven development (TDD).
- Automated the product synchronization process by developing the syncing service infrastructure using Node.js and AWS Lambda.
- Built the infrastructure for the end-to-end testing using Cypress.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed the order cancellation system to increase the customer retention rate of Sun Basket. I worked closely with Brightback and integrated their API.
- Created several new order types for both the front and back end and integrated them into the mainframe.
- Collaborated with a diverse team of six professionals from various backgrounds to enhance and expand product features.
- Revamped the testing framework, resulting in a paradigm shift in how various stakeholders perceive testing.
- Mentored less experienced engineers and participated in regular teaching sessions.
- Developed an AI chatbot. Integrated MindMup in a Spring Boot application with a React front end.
- Created a website from scratch to open a company in Estonia using the e-residency scheme. The back end was done with Spring Boot and Kotlin, and the front end with React.
- Gathered customer feedback about the projects and subsequently implemented responsive measures.
- Participated in coding discussions, internal conferences, and team events.
- Assisted client companies in conducting interviews to ensure the selection of the most suitable candidates.
- Developed an application back end using Spring Boot, Java, SOAP, and REST for a Swiss insurance company in collaboration with a team of engineers. This microservice served as an integral component within the broader application system.
- Built a synchronization feature to insert, update, and delete a massive amount of data.
- Took an in-house Spring Boot course from a Spring Boot certified professional.
- Implemented multiple alterations to the database model and structure by incorporating additional tables into the PostgreSQL database. This segregated data and enhanced overall performance.
- Enhanced the Swagger documentation and addressed code quality issues using SonarQube for detection and resolution.
Back-end API for a Ridesharing Applicationhttps://github.com/mile0105/Vozi-Mishko-Backend
League of Legends Boosting Website
Warehouse Management Mobile App and API
• offline sync
• social media login
• multiple warehouse support
Spring Boot, Spring, React Native, Hibernate, Next.js, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Cypress, Swagger
React, REST APIs, jQuery, Stripe, Node.js, WhatsApp API
IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Terraform, Apache Maven, SonarQube
REST, Unit Testing, Microservices, DevOps, Parallel Programming, Data Science, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Databases, PostgreSQL, Datadog, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB
Quarkus, Distributed Applications, API Applications, Applications, Algorithms, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Back-end, Design Systems, Data Structures, API Integration, Integration, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Front-end, CI/CD Pipelines, SOAP, Mobile App Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Convolutional Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Analysis, WhatsApp
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, WordPress, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Gdansk University of Technology - Gdansk, Poland
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Information Science and Technology "St. Paul The Apostle" - Ohrid, Macedonia
Erasmus European Project Certification in Computer Science
Polytechnic of Porto - School of Engineering - Porto, Portugal
Erasmus Semester in Computer Science
Politehnica Timisoara - Timisoara, Romania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring