Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: STM32, Python, Embedded Linux, Standard Template Library (STL), C++17, C++, C
- Defined a robust software architecture and good software practices (coding standards, etc.) for an embedded software system (stm32f7xx).
- Created an FCGI and websocket multi-process back end in C++11 for a web interface for a traffic light controller.
- Coded a portal for price and reviews comparison of Amazon products.
- Created a Docker-based system for simulating different types of embedded Linux devices connected to a web-based central system. Thanks to that, testing the central system and developing new features did not require having many real hardware devices anymore.
- Sped up/optimized a web platform for a traffic light controller.
C++ Engineer (Embedded Linux)2019 - 2020Chubb Fire and Security
Technologies: TCP/IP, Embedded Linux, CMake, C++17
- Redesigned an old mission-critical C application to a distributed C++17 networking application(s) on new embedded Linux running on Mangoh hardware.
Senior Software Development Engineer2004 - 2010Swarco
- Ported a traffic light controller from 386 to ARM on embedded Linux.
- Built Linux kernel modules for supporting the traffic light controller.
- Created an inter-process communication daemon (data bus) optimized for embedded Linux.
- Wrote a high-performance wrapper library for communicating with the traffic light controller, used in Holland.
- Developed a web administration platform.
Software Developer2002 - 2004proFILE Computersysteme GmbH
Technologies: CORBA, C, Perl, XSL, XML, Qt
- Built OO networking applications in C++ and Perl.
Senior Software Developer & Network Administrator2000 - 2002Fibernet
Technologies: Shell Scripting, DNS, Qmail, LDAP, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP
- Co-authored the fully automated web-hosting system.
- Designed and coded web-based portals (LAMP).
- Provided network administration.