Verified Expert in Engineering
Miroslaw is a software engineer with 20+ years of experience, translating business dreams into actionable plans, robust architectures, and maintainable products. He specializes in object-oriented solutions for Linux and embedded systems with C, C++, and Python for industrial applications where reliability and safety are critical. Miroslaw fosters open communication to ensure that the business logic is well understood, the code is clean and readable, and the final product is future-proof.
Python, C++17, Embedded C++, CMake, Git, Vim Text Editor, Debian, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've coded was a fast data bus for exchanging messages between connected processes on an embedded platform.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed a robust embedded-software architecture that allows non-technical users to build embedded systems. In that way, new products don't have to be coded in C/C++ at all.
- Contributed to establishing state-of-the-art coding practices to ensure code quality.
- Consulted and served as a tech lead for several subcontractors working on the project.
- Wrote the initial POC code, which included embedding a system of easily-selectable and domain-specific components, a code generator "gluing" the common part with a project-specific one, and building a system for full automation.
C++ Engineer (Embedded Linux)
Chubb Fire and Security
- Redesigned an old, mission-critical C application into distributed, C++17 networking applications on the newly embedded Linux, running on mangOH hardware.
- Introduced TDD for a brand new version of the system.
- Modularized the software and tests (TDD), which led to much faster development because it shortened the feedback loop significantly. The target was an embedded Linux system.
Senior Software Engineer
- Created a FastCGI and WebSockets multiprocess back end in C++11 for a web interface for a traffic light controller. The back end ran efficiently on a very resource-limited embedded device.
- Created a Docker-based system to simulate different types of embedded Linux devices connected to a web-based central system. As a result, testing the central system and developing new features did not require many real hardware devices.
- Sped up and optimized a web platform for a traffic light controller, delivering it on time for the client's trade show.
- Coded a portal for price and review comparisons of Amazon products.
Senior Software Development Engineer
- Ported a traffic light controller from 386 to ARM on embedded Linux.
- Built Linux kernel modules to support a traffic light controller.
- Created an interprocess-communication daemon (data bus) optimized for embedded Linux.
- Wrote a high-performance wrapper library for communicating with the traffic light controller used in Holland.
- Developed a web administration platform with the back end in C and the front end in Ext JS.
ProFile Computersysteme GmbH
- Created a simulator of sports events so the system could be tested with past data. Examples of events in a soccer match include passing a ball from one player to another or scoring a goal.
- Used Perl and XSLT for processing data between collection and metrics calculation.
- Created code for controlling a video mixer. It was a shared library, and the code was written so that it could be compiled for both Windows and Linux without any changes.
Senior Software Developer | Network Administrator
- Co-authored a fully automated web-hosting system—one of the first in Poland.
- Designed and coded web-based portals (LAMP) for different customers.
- Provided network administration for company servers: Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Solaris.
Robust Software Architecture for a Family of Embedded Systems
C++ Code Generators
Fast Interprocess Communication Mechanism
C++17, Embedded C, C, C++, Python, Embedded C++, C++11, C++14, Python 3, Bash, Bash Script
Standard Template Library (STL)
Makefile, Git, CMake
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Automated Testing
Debian, Embedded Linux, Linux, STM32
Code Architecture, Shell Scripting, TCP/IP, Team Leadership, Software Architecture, Remote Team Leadership, Embedded Development, Traffic Engineering, Embedded Systems, Unix Shell Scripting, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Linux IPC, Networking, IP Networks, Code Generators, Embedded Software, GSM, CAN Bus, CANopen, Real-time Operating System (RTOS), CI/CD Pipelines
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
West Pomeranian University of Technology - Szczecin, Poland