Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTLeybold GmbH
Technologies: Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Embedded Systems, Code Architecture, Unix Shell Scripting, Git, C, Code Generators, Shell Scripting, Python, Remote Team Leadership, Software Architecture, STM32, Embedded C, Embedded Linux, Embedded C++, CMake, C++17, C++
- Designed robust embedded software architecture allowing non-technical users build embedded systems. In that way a new products do not have to be coded in C/C++ at all.
- Contributed to establish state-of-the-art coding practices ensuring quality of the code.
- Consulted and served as a tech lead for (some) subcontractors working on the project.
- Wrote the initial POC code which included embedding a system consisting of easily-selectable and domain-specific components, a code generator "gluing" the common part with a project-specific one, and building a system for full automation.
Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Embedded C, Software Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unix Shell Scripting, Embedded Systems, CMake, Traffic Engineering, MySQL, Code Architecture, Embedded C++, Team Leadership, Git, Linux, Embedded Software, STM32, Python, Embedded Linux, Standard Template Library (STL), C++17, C++, C
- Defined a robust software architecture and good software practices (coding standards, etc.) for an embedded software system (stm32f7xx).
- Created an FCGI and WebSockets multi-process back end in C++11 for a web interface for a traffic light controller.
- Coded a portal for price and review comparisons of Amazon products.
- Created a Docker-based system for simulating different types of embedded Linux devices connected to a web-based central system. Thanks to that, testing the central system and developing new features did not require having many real hardware devices.
- Sped up/optimized a web platform for a traffic light controller.
C++ Engineer (Embedded Linux)2019 - 2020Chubb Fire and Security
Technologies: Embedded C, Software Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unix Shell Scripting, Embedded Systems, C, Code Architecture, Python, Embedded C++, Git, Linux, C++, Embedded Software, TCP/IP, Embedded Linux, CMake, C++17
- Redesigned an old mission-critical C application to a distributed C++17 networking application(s) on new embedded Linux running on Mangoh hardware.
Senior Software Development Engineer2004 - 2010Swarco
- Ported a traffic light controller from 386 to ARM on embedded Linux.
- Built Linux kernel modules to support a traffic light controller.
- Created an inter-process communication daemon (data bus) optimized for embedded Linux.
- Wrote a high-performance wrapper library for communicating with the traffic light controller, used in Holland.
- Developed a web administration platform.
Software Developer2002 - 2004ProFile Computersysteme GmbH
Technologies: Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unix Shell Scripting, MySQL, Code Architecture, Linux, C++, CORBA, C, Perl, XSL, XML, Qt
- Built OOP networking applications in C++ and Perl.
Senior Software Developer | Network Administrator2000 - 2002Fibernet
Technologies: Unix Shell Scripting, C, Linux, C++, Shell Scripting, DNS, Qmail, LDAP, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP
- Co-authored a fully automated web-hosting system.
- Designed and coded web-based portals (LAMP).
- Provided network administration.