Senior Full-stack Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTDroneShield
Technologies: Redis, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, Django, Python, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Ported system functionalities to Python/Django for performance comparison and framework evaluation.
- Implemented device drivers, software/hardware interfaces, command processors (Python).
- Wrote machine learning, data processing, and data analytics functionalities (Python).
- Designed and implemented DroneShield's complete anti-drone system, including network design, database architecture, back-end logic, and front end/UI implementations. Technologies used are Ruby on Rails, Python, VueJS, Go, and Postgres.
- Achieved near real-time performance in a data-intensive web-based system using query-optimizations, WebSockets, and tight software-hardware integration.
- Migrated the parts of Ruby on Rails implementation to an Elixir/Phoenix platform for better performance and scalability.
- Implemented a simulation-driven, customer-facing demo site where hundreds of customers can log in concurrently to see full system functionality, from user and device management to drone detection and anti-drone measures.
Ruby Developer2020 - 2020Spin (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostGIS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented back-end features such as user feedback functionality, route and distance calculation, coverage area search (GIS), etc.
- Wrote Apptimize integration functionality in the back end.
- Oversaw the SQL query optimization and unit test coverage.
Lead Software and Analytical Engineer2012 - 2016Applied Predictive Technologies
Technologies: MongoDB, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, C#
- Worked on APT's flagship predictive business analytics software to help some of the largest retail companies gain insights from their data and make optimizations in their business processes.
- Implemented a market basket analyzer (MBA) solution that made significant improvements in performance through an unconventional use of a mixed SQL and NoSQL solution.
- Awarded a patent by the US Patent and Trademark Office for implementing an innovative solution to perform control group optimization (selecting the best possible control group from a general population for a given test group).
- Aided a large-scale data analytics project using custom distributed solutions and existing big data technologies.
- Provided overall database query optimization solutions across a variety of engineering teams.
Adjunct Professor2010 - 2014George Mason University
Technologies: Android, C, Java
- Taught Java, covering basic and advanced concepts in object-oriented programming.
- Taught C language and low-level Unix/Linux systems programming interfaces.
- Conducted research in mobile platform security. Languages used C, Python.
- Implemented data analysis and visualization tools using Python.
Software Development Engineer2011 - 2012Amazon Web Services
Technologies: Networking, Linux, VPN, Java, Ruby
- Participated in the development of the virtual private network (VPN) aspects of AWS EC2's Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) offering.
- Implemented a Linux network stack based on the AWS VPC testing suite.
- Worked on AWS EC2 network usage calculation and browser extension solutions.