Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTMeridian
Technologies: Angular, Ionic, Sencha, C# MVC, Progress, SQL, HTML5, CSS/CSS3
- Designed, architected, and developed the Rx Member hybrid web application. This was a custom solution built on the Angular/Ionic web framework to enhance the user's experience from all devices including the web, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Led the research behind five different technology stacks in order to select the most practical technology relevant to the business needs for the Rx Member application.
- Led the proof-of-concept development of all of these different technologies which included: Native iOS/Android, Xamarin, React Native, Sencha, and Angular/Ionic.
- Succeeded in pitching our findings and decision on an alternative technology stack (Angular/Ionic) to be used for hybrid mobile/web development throughout the company.
- Successfully gained the approval from the architecture council, tech governance, and executive leadership.
- Developed the Vistar project in C# on Meridian Rx's public-facing website to pull in detailed information on pharmacies throughout the country.
- Built a live style guide to be referenced throughout the company when developing new applications.
- Used aspects of Material Design to integrate Meridian's brand with clean lines, grid-based layouts, responsive UI, and depth effects like lighting and shadows.
- Established and incorporated company-wide linting rules to ensure the use of clean-and-reusable code, free of errors and common mistakes.
- Led the development of five web portals in Ext JS (Sencha) which were completed within a stringent deadline. These portals were then rolled out to be used nationwide.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016General Motors
- Connected vehicles with 4G LTE that used API gateways to supported carriers; used Java.
- Developed custom dynamic websites for internal clients using HTML5, CSS3, and REST APIs. All the projects were developed and designed based on style guidelines provided by UI/UX experts; followed much of Google's Material Design concepts.
- Built the SRT tool using the C# MVC framework. This allowed internal departments to put in service requests and to follow the approval process for high budget projects and was used throughout the company.
- Created an MVP for GM's annual IT innovation challenge. Developed a new concept from scratch (VSTS: vehicle service tracking system) and saw its completion through its early development stages. Our team was awarded and finished as a regional finalist in GM North America.
- Developed IT Test Drive, a web application built on HTML5/CSS3 supported with a SharePoint back-end that allowed users in the IT department to sign up, test, and evaluate software in its beta stages prior to the rollout.
- Developed the payment methods component/screen in Polymer for the redesign of the legacy Global Advisory Application.
Web Developer2011 - 2012American Axle & Manufacturing
- Built and maintained corporate SharePoint sites, document libraries, and electronic forms.
- Styled and branded corporate sites through the use of CSS.
- Developed the five-phase form using InfoPath/CSS to provide global support in the case of a situation needing remediation/escalation.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Wayne State University
- Developed WSU's library system home page adherent to a style guide in HTML/CSS.