Senior Software Engineer (Front-end)2019 - 2020Large Machine Manufacturer (via Toptal)
- Overhauled the entire UI of a large-scale existing application.
- Worked on and refactored monolithic code to be more readable.
- Oversaw the implementation of pixel-perfect UI designs.
- Tacked and fixed bugs through Azure DevOps in an agile environment.
Lead Software Developer2018 - 2020Large Machine Manufacturer (via Toptal)
Technologies: Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET Core, C#, Angular
- Led the delivery and development of a SPA tool using Angular 6 with a .NET Core back end in order to compare the cost of an application over its lifecycle vs. a competitor model.
- Worked closely with developers to ensure the highest quality of code through unit tests, code reviews, and paired programming.
- Hosted the application on Azure cloud using three different environments: development, QA, and production. Deployed on a consistent schedule working with the team and the client.
- Worked directly with the client every week to ensure calculations were accurate, designs were pixel perfect, and the user experience flowed, meeting all deadlines in the process.
- Interfaced directly with the customer and led all stakeholder meetings and demos.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018Meridian
Technologies: CSS3, CSS, HTML5, SQL, Model View Controller (MVC), C#, Sencha UI, Ionic, Angular
- Designed, architected, and developed the Rx member hybrid web application. This was a custom solution built on the Angular and Ionic web framework to enhance users' experience from all devices, including the web, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Led the research behind five different technology stacks in order to select the most practical technology relevant to the business needs for the Rx member application.
- Led the proof-of-concept development of all of these different technologies, which included Native iOS and Android, Xamarin, React Native, Sencha, and Angular and Ionic.
- Succeeded in pitching our findings and decision on an alternative technology stack (Angular and Ionic) to be used for hybrid mobile and web development throughout the company.
- Successfully gained approval from the architecture council, tech governance, and executive leadership.
- Developed the Vistar project in C# on Meridian Rx's public-facing website to pull in detailed information on pharmacies throughout the country.
- Built a live style guide to be referenced throughout the company when developing new applications.
- Used aspects of Material Design to integrate Meridian's brand with clean lines, grid-based layouts, responsive UI, and depth effects like lighting and shadows.
- Established and incorporated company-wide linting rules to ensure the use of clean and reusable code, free of errors and common mistakes.
- Led the development of five web portals in Ext JS (Sencha) which were completed within a stringent deadline. These portals were then rolled out to be used nationwide.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016General Motors
- Connected vehicles with 4G LTE that used API gateways to supported carriers; used Java.
- Developed custom dynamic websites for internal clients using HTML5, CSS3, and REST APIs. All the projects were developed and designed based on style guidelines provided by UI/UX experts; followed much of Google's Material Design concepts.
- Built the SRT tool using the C# MVC framework. This allowed internal departments to put in service requests and to follow the approval process for high budget projects and was used throughout the company.
- Created an MVP for GM's annual IT innovation challenge. Developed a new concept from scratch (VSTS: vehicle service tracking system) and saw its completion through its early development stages. Our team was awarded and finished as a regional finalist in GM North America.
- Developed IT Test Drive, a web application built on HTML5/CSS3 supported with a SharePoint back-end that allowed users in the IT department to sign up, test, and evaluate software in its beta stages prior to the rollout.
- Developed the payment methods component/screen in Polymer for the redesign of the legacy Global Advisory Application.
Web Developer2011 - 2012American Axle & Manufacturing
- Built and maintained corporate SharePoint sites, document libraries, and electronic forms.
- Styled and branded corporate sites through the use of CSS.
- Developed the five-phase form using InfoPath/CSS to provide global support in the case of a situation needing remediation/escalation.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Wayne State University
- Developed WSU's library system home page adherent to a style guide in HTML/CSS.