Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTMeridian
Technologies: Angular, Ionic, Sencha, C# MVC, Progress, SQL, HTML5, CSS/CSS3
- Designed, architected, and developed the Rx Member hybrid web application. This was a custom solution built on the Angular/Ionic web framework to enhance the user's experience from all devices including the web, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Led the research behind five different technology stacks in order to select the most practical technology relevant to the business needs for the Rx Member application.
- Led the proof-of-concept development of all of these different technologies which included: Native iOS/Android, Xamarin, React Native, Sencha, and Angular/Ionic.
- Succeeded in pitching our findings and decision on an alternative technology stack (Angular/Ionic) to be used for hybrid mobile/web development throughout the company.
- Successfully gained the approval from the architecture council, tech governance, and executive leadership.
- Developed the Vistar project in C# on Meridian Rx's public-facing website to pull in detailed information on pharmacies throughout the country.
- Built a live style guide to be referenced throughout the company when developing new applications.
- Used aspects of Material Design to integrate Meridian's brand with clean lines, grid-based layouts, responsive UI, and depth effects like lighting and shadows.
- Established and incorporated company-wide linting rules to ensure the use of clean-and-reusable code, free of errors and common mistakes.
- Led the development of five web portals in Ext JS (Sencha) which were completed within a stringent deadline. These portals were then rolled out to be used nationwide.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016General Motors
- Connected vehicles with 4G LTE that used API gateways to supported carriers; used Java.
- Developed custom dynamic websites for internal clients using HTML5, CSS3, and REST APIs. All the projects were developed and designed based on style guidelines provided by UI/UX experts; followed much of Google's Material Design concepts.
- Built the SRT tool using the C# MVC framework. This allowed internal departments to put in service requests and to follow the approval process for high budget projects and was used throughout the company.
- Created an MVP for GM's annual IT innovation challenge. Developed a new concept from scratch (VSTS: vehicle service tracking system) and saw its completion through its early development stages. Our team was awarded and finished as a regional finalist in GM North America.
- Developed IT Test Drive, a web application built on HTML5/CSS3 supported with a SharePoint back-end that allowed users in the IT department to sign up, test, and evaluate software in its beta stages prior to the rollout.
- Developed the payment methods component/screen in Polymer for the redesign of the legacy Global Advisory Application.
Web Developer2011 - 2012American Axle & Manufacturing
- Built and maintained corporate SharePoint sites, document libraries, and electronic forms.
- Styled and branded corporate sites through the use of CSS.
- Developed the five-phase form using InfoPath/CSS to provide global support in the case of a situation needing remediation/escalation.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Wayne State University
- Developed WSU's library system home page adherent to a style guide in HTML/CSS.
- OnStar Mobile Number Management System (Development)
I developed the in-vehicle LTE capabilities for GM's OnStar department using server-side Java to connect to mobile carrier APIs. The telephony carrier management was developed for 34 countries in Europe and Mexico to extend OnStar's capabilities into those geographic regions. JUnit (unit testing framework) was used on all functionalities and the teams participated in paired-programming to ensure the highest code quality.
- OnStar | GAA (Development)
The Global Advisory Application (GAA) was a legacy application which was redesigned in Polymer to be used by the OnStar call center whenever a GM customer clicked the OnStar button within a vehicle. I was responsible for redesigning a screen for a Polymer component which handled payment methods for the customer to be kept on file.
- Rx Member Hybrid Application (Development)
A hybrid mobile application built on AngularJS/Ionic. This application was designed, architected, and developed from the ground up in order to serve thousands of clients.
- TEAManager™ (Development)http://fantasyteamanager.com/
A fantasy football application that was built with Polymer to give users a cohesive experience between devices. This project allowed users to test different scenarios and iterations of player lineups in order to generate winning DFS league lineups. The application and website were both designed and developed by myself.
- 6ix | Personal Training Application (Website) (Development)https://for6ix.com/home
I designed and developed a website for 6ix LLC. using Polymer 2.0 to showcase their three different mobile applications. This website was designed to be responsive and quick, utilizing Polymer as a single page application to give users the best web experience available to them.
- Daitio (Development)
Daitio was an application/MVP developed using Spring MVC over the greater part of a year. The exciting technology was focused on grabbing information from multiple wearable devices to provide doctors with insight on how to manage and control the progression of chronic metabolic diseases.
- IT Test Drive (Development)
- Service Request Tracker (Development)
The SRT tool was developed for GM using C# and the .NET framework to allow any number of internal departments to put in service requests for projects requiring a substantial budget. These requests would be passed on through an approval process and would allow the user to check the status of their request at any time.
- Mars Rover | Polymer (Development)https://github.com/mmutahr/mars-rover
FrameworksAngularJS, Ionic 3, Cordova, Ext JS
Libraries/APIsjQuery, jQuery UI, Polymer
ToolsGit, Adobe Photoshop, Sencha UI
PlatformsVisual Studio Code, SharePoint, Android, iOS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2009 - 2012Wayne State University - Detroit, MI, USA