Freelance Software Developer2020 - 2020Mirthemp LLC
Technologies: PHP, ShipStation, HubSpot, Finale API, WooCommerce API, MySQL, Laravel Backpack, jQuery, Laravel
- Created an admin panel that helped the client manage their online business from one location.
- Worked with the client to figure out the business's needs and help them choose third party applications for different parts of their system.
- Developed code architecture and built third-party API integrations for WooCommerce, Hubspot, Finale, Shipstation, and Hubspot.
Freelance API Developer - Remote2020 - 2020Museum With No Frontiers
Technologies: SourceTree, REST APIs, APIs, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, Laravel Lumen
- Developed an API that is consumed by front-end developers. I had to figure out all the connections between four different databases from a legacy system and uniformly present the information.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Bitbucket issues tool and coordinated development timetables among different parts of the project with people from different countries and timezones.
- Oversaw the launch process, which went smoothly, and the site received good reviews from different news sites in different countries.
Freelance Software Integrator2019 - 2020Charme Jewellery
Technologies: ax-semantics, React, Shopify API, Laravel
- Developed scripts that gathered data from various supplier sites and automatically created and updated product information as well as stock and price information.
- Created a small private Shopify app that helped the client map their own inventory codes with supplier codes.
- Automated the creation of Shopify collections based on product details.
- Helped the client develop scripts for ax-semantics.
Founding Partner2004 - 2018Webdenal
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Apache Solr, eCommerce, PHP, Perl, JSTL, JSP, Bootstrap, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Apache
- Created an eCommerce business and online store from scratch and executed long-term business strategies.
- Expanded the business over a 14-year period into a portfolio with over 500,000 users.
- Managed the software development team, responsible for sustaining the eCommerce site and internal software suite.
- Sourced and embedded various web service integrations into digital marketplaces, including Amazon and eBay.
- Held full accountability for website development, SEO optimization, digital marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Utilized tools including Google AdWords and monitored ROI on advertising expenses.
- Created scripts for automating product creation, stock, and price updates from suppliers.
- Created a product search engine for the site using Apache Solr.
Freelance Application Developer2002 - 2004Sun Microsystems
- Worked on complex systems integration projects; researched and prepared executive-level presentations and 2004 software demos for stakeholders.
- Improved relationships with clients; worked closely with high-profile clients and organizations such as Vodafone Greece.
- Established application development best practices in a large corporate environment.
Senior Application Designer2001 - 2002Foreks Information Communications Services, Turkey
Technologies: MySQL, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Java, JSP
- Managed various project phases including requirements analysis, design, and development, tailored and created 2002 applications to support online portals,.
- Supervised a team of six developers for the internet site.
- Facilitated the entire development lifecycle and coordinated user acceptance testing with end users and senior business owners.
Senior Web Developer1999 - 2000The Motley Fool Inc - Financial Services, UK
Technologies: Perl, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP
- Analyzed requirements for web-based products and technologies; designed solutions to meet client requirements.
- Worked on the localization of the code for the UK market.
- Acted as a bridge between the US development team and the UK office.
Technical Consultant1997 - 1999Architel Systems Corp - Virgina, USA
Technologies: DCE, Open Server, Sybase, C++
- Designed and developed bespoke client solutions using C++ and Sybase.
- Developed rapid prototypes for test projects for large telecoms such as Cable & Wireless UK, Bell Atlantic USA, and Ericsson Telecom, Jamaica.
- Provided technical estimates for project work to senior management.