Senior DevOps Engineer2021 - 2022Graphiant
Technologies: Go, Linux, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure, Terraform, Helm, Python, Networking, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps Engineer, System Administration, Grafana, VPN
- Orchestrated a greenfield around 25 services local development stack using Kubernetes and Tilt, allowing developers to run a full stack of internally developed services, multiple databases, and open source components on top of Linux and macOS.
- Architected and deployed a multi-environment Azure infrastructure topology consisting of Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) clusters and managed PostgreSQL, multiple VNets with VNet peering, and OpenVPN for staff VNet access using Terraform.
- Built a management network in Azure with site-to-site VPN connectivity to on-premises equipment across multiple environments and regions using Terraform CDK for Python and GitLab CI.
- Deployed and managed internally hosted GitLab Runners on Azure AKS and reduced average total CI pipeline runtimes from around 12 mins to approximately four mins via aggressive pipeline tuning and caching.
Senior DevOps Engineer2015 - 2021TED Conferences, LLC
Technologies: Go, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Node.js, Terraform, Bash, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Hub, Networks, Cloud Storage, Storage, Linux, MacOS, GitHub, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps Engineer, System Administration, Grafana, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Cloud Architecture, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Cost Analysis, Cost Control
- Defined and architected a Docker strategy using Amazon ECS with Packer AMIs for underlying nodes, Consul for service discovery, a custom Go CLI tool to wrap Docker CLI, and Amazon ECS APIs to simplify multi-repo deploys.
- Built an Elasticsearch operational deployment strategy with nodes split between EC2 and ECS.
- Created a semi-immutable infrastructure using Packer to build AMIs and a test suite in Terratest and Goss. Primary logging clusters handle more than 450 GB or 368 million docs daily.
- Maintained the co-architected centralized logging infrastructure using Filebeat at the edge and custom Go CDN log parser for scale.
- Ingested all the above into Elasticsearch, RSpec tests for end-to-end Logstash pipeline, and Go and Docker tests for end-to-end CDN log ingest pipeline.
DevOps Engineer2013 - 2015Kixeye
Technologies: Linux, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Perforce, Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, DevOps Engineer, System Administration, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Cloud Architecture, Amazon EC2
- Oversaw load testing and pre-launch tasks in the first three months, quick ramp-up from onboarding.
- Implemented a Vagrant development environment to allow developers to run the whole game stack locally, including MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, and Nginx/PHP, tie-ing in with Perforce.
- Architected an AWS migration strategy, including creating ephemeral load test environments using EC2, Packer, and a custom Ruby script.