Verified Expert in Engineering
Nick is a senior software developer who's spent more than 14 years working with .NET, SQL, C#, and full stack. He is a developer who can build a solid back end and flesh out the front end. He's worked extensively with SQL Server databases but is also experienced with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and Sybase. Nick can explain his work process clearly and concisely and is eager to continue his career doing freelance remote work.
Git, Visual Studio, .NET, SQL, NoSQL, React, Angular, Stripe, PayPal, Auth
The most amazing...
...app I've made processed more than 25,000 online payments monthly with a total amount of over $1,000,000.
- Developed the studio management and booking tool software's payment, accounting, and booking part.
- Worked on modularizing pre-existing monolith application, split it into modules and microservices, and improved existing microservices.
- Performed the optimization of API endpoints, background jobs, and EF queries. The most memorable single optimization reduced the load on the CPU of a powerful server from nearly a constant 100% to below 10%.
- Updated the apps from .NET Framework 2/3 to .NET 6, Entity Framework from 3.1 to EF Core 6, and kept other tools and libraries up to date.
- Integrated the app with Stripe (subscriptions, invoices, connect, cards, SEPA Direct Debit, and iDEAL) and PayPal (commerce).
- Improved code coverage and code quality using SonarQube.
- Helped on the FE by adding forms, fixing bugs, and removing legacy code.
BulaLaw dba Bula Intelligence
- Added new functionalities to a pre-existing website and fixed issues, including security-related.
- Managed deployment options, resources used, and plans on Azure.
- Optimized the code to improve latency and user experience.
- Developed digital marketing software from scratch with ASP.NET MVC.
- Applied a continuous integration with Jenkins and Bitbucket and set up the automatic deployment to Docker containers.
- Ensured high quality by adding multiple unit and end-to-end tests.
- Built microservices for a financial market company that processed and transferred data from RabbitMQ, Azure Storage, MongoDB, and APIs to another Azure Storage and SQL Server.
- Developed a reporting web application for office managers. Reports could be viewed on the web application and downloaded in the Excel or CSV format.
- Created a back-office web application for office managers and CRUD operations.
- Synchronized local database data from the Coinprism and Blockchain API.
- Developed a responsive web application using MVC and EF based upon a smart-admin C# Bootstrap-themed template from WrapBootstrap.com.
- Created fillable PDFs with Acrobat DC and filled them with iTextSharp and PDFSharp.
- Developed a Windows Form application that could transfer files via FTP/SFTP and export data to XML, compatible with a government-provided XSD.
- Developed a single-page application (call center) for Australian dental clinics. The new website was intended to replace big legacy desktop applications. It had an appointment book, patient profile pages, and other features.
- Worked with SQL Anywhere database by writing stored procedures and calling them using C#.
- Collaborated with a team of five developers in a Moscow office.
- Built a website on the ASP.NET Web Form platform integrated with SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB using DevExpress tools. SQL Server and PostgreSQL database size exceeded hundreds of millions of monthly rows.
- Developed services that received a lot of data and loaded them into DB.
- Created and improved database structure and procedures mainly for the site's needs.
- Built, installed, and maintained various data processing services.
- Worked on a small team of developers in the Moscow office.
METRO Cash & Carry
- Developed an app that printed information on plastic cards that customers used as their identifications in the company's shops. The app could take photos and supported several templates and languages.
- Created an MVC website that supplied all the information needed for banks to integrate the company's customer cards into their bank cards.
- Helped migrate one of the intranet sites to a Java platform with a Kendo UI.
- Performed data processing tasks using Oracle database.
- Worked in a small team of developers in the Russian headquarters.
- Developed several websites from scratch using custom CMS. Features included product catalog, news, events, surveys, registration, personal account, reports, sitemap, etc. The websites were usually integrated with an ERP system.
- Improved preexisting websites by adding new features, fixing bugs, improving performance, and performing SEO tasks.
- Developed the SQL Server database structure, procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Developed a CMS system using .NET WinForms, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Developed site indexing using Search Server 2010 (part of SharePoint).
- Developed an ERP system (.NET WinForms, SQL Server, DevExpress, and VBA).
- Developed an eCommerce website that allowed customers to make orders online, see prices, stock, etc.
- Constructed and improved the database architecture and the procedures as needed for the site.
- Created, installed, and maintained various data processing services.
- Built big and complex SQL functions for data analysis purposes.
PiSeas Web Application
Data Scraping Tool for an HR Agency
Microsoft Teams Bot for a Cloud-based Translation Company
ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core 2, ASP.NET Core MVC, MVC Razor, NUnit, Bootstrap, ASP.NET MVC 5, ASP.NET MVC 4, ASP.NET MVC 3, ASP, Entity 5, Entity 4, .NET Compact, .NET 4, .NET Core, Angular, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, .NET, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap 3, Entity 6, Entity, Entity Framework Core, .NET 3, .NET 2, .NET 5, Swagger, Razor, Razor Pages, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), ASP.NET Identity, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Selenium, Angular Material, React Native, Classic ASP, Express.js, Protractor, Knockout (Knockout.js), Telerik Kendo UI, Kendo UI, jQWidgets, Flask, Azure Bot Framework
Log4Net, Entity Framework, Web API, Moq, Azure Blob Storage API, Slick, REST APIs, Amazon API, ASPX, jQuery UI, AutoMapper, jQuery, Windows Forms (WinForms), jQuery DataTables, API Development, Stripe, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Stripe Connect API, PayPal API, EPPlus, SendGrid API, Auth, React, LINQ, NSubstitute, jQuery File Upload, iTextSharp, PDFSharp, Apache Lucene, Facebook Messenger API, Coinbase API, Node.js, OneDrive
Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure App Service, NuGet, ReSharper, xUnit, Azure App Service, SendGrid, Azure Search, Autofac, Hangfire, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio .NET, C#.NET WinForms, Angular CLI, TFS, Subversion (SVN), Git, Redmine, Jira, SourceTree, Bitbucket, GitHub, TortoiseSVN, VisualSVN, RabbitMQ, Microsoft Visual Studio, Stripe Checkout, Travis CI, Docker Compose, Confluence, Asana, Airbrake, Microsoft Unit Tests, MSTest, Microsoft Excel, Slack, Visual Studio 2015, WebStorm, SonarQube, Sonar, Dapper, Microsoft Access, GitLab, PyCharm, Plotly, Codecov, Auth0, Microsoft Teams
Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, MVC Design, Model View Controller (MVC), RESTful Development, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, REST API Architecture, Domain-driven Development, Requirements Analysis, API Architecture, Dependency Injection, Agile, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unit Testing, Scrum, Azure DevOps, Object-oriented Design (OOD), ETL, Asynchronous Programming, Web Architecture, Continuous Delivery (CD), Event-driven Programming, Event-driven Architecture, Application Architecture, Windows App Development, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), MEAN Stack, DevOps
Visual Studio 2017, iOS, Azure Functions, Web, Microsoft, Amazon, Amazon EC2, Azure IaaS, Azure, Visual Studio 2016, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, Docker, NLog, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Windows Server 2016, Kubernetes, Umbraco, DigitalOcean, Linux, Heroku, Mailgun, AWS Lambda, Telerik, SharePoint, Blockchain, Ethereum, Oracle, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Web Forms, Redis, SQL CLR, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Azure Websites, Azure SQL, Azure Blobs, JSON, Azure Table Storage, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2017, PostgreSQL 10, Datadog, SQL Server Management Studio, Databases, SQL Stored Procedures, Azure SQL Databases, SQL Server 2014, MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, SQL Anywhere, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Web MVC, Console Apps, Functions, Azure Virtual Machines, Caching, RESTful Microservices, REST API Clients, HTTP REST, Repository Pattern, Technical Documentation, WebSockets, System Architecture Design, System Architecture, Architecture, Requirements, Full-stack, Ajax, Entity Relationships, C# Operators, Requirements & Specifications, APIs, Fillable PDFs, Information Security, HTTP, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), DevExpress, IIS, Pattern Design, Responsive UI, EF6 Code First, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Microsoft Azure, PayPal, Bootstrap 4, Content Management Systems (CMS), eCommerce, Reports, API Integration, Stripe Payments, Stripe Marketplace, Stripe Subscriptions, Credit Cards, Payment APIs, Card Payments, Online Payments, SaaS, PostgreSQL 9, Message Bus, Sprints, DI, Optimization, Invoices, Message Queues, Code Coverage, Containers, Complex Problem Solving, SQL Design & Reporting, Back-end, Endpoint Security, Single Sign-on (SSO), Solution Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Architecture, Web Development, Secure Web Development, Web Security, Quality Assurance (QA), SOAP, Messaging, Internet of Things (IoT), Full-stack Development, HTTPS, Authentication, Data Conversion, Data Engineering, Pub/Sub, Server Security, Server Management, IT Security, Integration, Data Analysis, .NET 6, Web App Development, Database Schema Design, API Management, AWS Cloud Architecture, Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Images, SOLID Principles, Web Applications, Performance, Web Technologies, Front-end, Microsoft Stack, Legacy Software, Windows Desktop Software, Scheduling, .NET 7, Cloud, Multitenancy, Software Engineering, Internet Information Services (IIS), Back-end Development, MVC Frameworks, FTP, SFTP, AppVeyor, Search, VM, PDF, Integration Testing, Scraping, Web Scraping, Data Visualization, User Interface (UI), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Bots, Chatbots, Bitcoin, Vi, QA Automation, Amazon RDS, Security, Microsoft Graph API
Specialist's Degree in Information Security
Volgograd State University - Volgograd, Russia