- Senior Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTSecurityScorecard
Technologies: REST, AngularJS, React/Redux, Webpack, Docker, Node.js, AWS, Java, Dropwizard, Spring, Mongo, Security
- Designed standards for a REST API design.
- Mentored new members and shared knowledge of MongoDB.
- Improved security of back-end architecture.
- Implemented an OAuth2 server.
- Wrote guidelines for the new API design.
- Implemented a process to collect company logos and store them in Amazon S3.
- Implemented a tool to analyze usage using a Rails app.
- Implemented a feature to display company logos from Amazon S3 on the UI using Angular, JADE templates, and CSS.
- Started several applications from scratch using React/Redux stack.
- Full-stack Software Engineer2018 - 2018CarrierDirect
Technologies: React, Node, Mongo, Web Sockets, P44 Web Services, MaterialUI
- Developed a series of APIs to connect p44 web services to LTL product.
- Built automated account creation from LTL to Fedex systems through p44 web services.
- Developed unit and functional test to fit Fedex standards.
- Migrated from custom UI components to MaterialUI, using material guidelines.
- Implemented custom components to do progressive searches.
- Implemented custom components to do chat messaging using web sockets.
- Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Johnson & Jonhson
- Analyzed and improved system performance by using distributed cache and code refactoring.
- Implemented UI redesign pages focused on better UX, by using Ajax calls and new REST APIs.
- Analyzed and improved database performance.
- Created indices and refactored code to use Spring JPA.
- Implemented an internal app based on Angular 2 to let employees manage feature toggles, refresh cache, and update data using REST APIs.
- Worked on data migration between different tables to a new database with different data structure.
- Server-Side Applications Engineer2015 - 2016Olofson Technology Partners
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Batch, Hibernate, SQL, MySQL, Smarty Street API, AWS S3, AWS RDS, Jenkins, BitBucket, REST, OAuth, Groovy, LiquidBase, Maven, Unix
- Developed an app to parse street names from one line to US standard address conventions using Smarty Street.
- Developed a REST API using Spring Security (OAuth2), Hibernate, and MySQL.
- Helped on UI (a React based application) and REST API integration.
- Implemented automatic API documentation using Swagger.
- Improved performance of queries using SQL to explain plans and create proper indices.
- Implemented audit functionality using Hibernate Envers and Spring AOP.
- Implemented functionality to exchange information between banks by using SFTP and Spring Batch.
- Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (via Globant)
Technologies: REST, Bamboo, Oracle, Hibernate, Spring, JIRA, JBehave, YourKit, JMeter
- Contributed to a team effort as software developer.
- Coordinated and performed training to new team members.
- Developed REST services, databases, and data access infrastructure designed to collect information from several back-ends and present it in a unified application model.
- Performed performance tests of web services to identify bottlenecks.
- Integrated a log analysis tool in order to quickly have access to error information and metrics about service status.
- Senior Web Developer2013 - 2014American Airlines (via Hewlett-Packard)
- Organized and structured a competitive team to fix current development process issues and shift to work in an Agile methodology using Rally as the tool to track issue status, estimation, and planning.
- Coordinated client and contractor teams to work along the same goals, emphasizing quality and commitments (i.e., deadlines).
- Built trust and confidence with the client by timely communication, prompt meeting of deadlines, and improvement of product quality.
- Designed new proposals to improve the current implemented infrastructure, applications, and systems.
- Served as a reference for technical questions and doubts inside the development team.
- Replaced the application's technology stack.
- Implemented and taught best practices to make the application “cloud-ready.”.
- Developed SOAP services using Spring WS and integrated with Spring Integration so third-party portals have access to flight ticket information.
- Ensured proper coding standards and use of design guideline patterns.
- Web Developer2011 - 2013Druidalabs.com
- Developed new requirements for a social network application.
- Used Google Maps API to perform a more effective marketing campaign based on the user's location.
- Maintained and fixed bugs for existing functionality.
- Specified, defined, estimated, and developed new requirements for future releases.
- Created a new project structure and classes on GWT and integrated with Rest API using JSON, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, Spring Security, Redis, MySQL, Git, and Maven.
- Designed new proposals to improve current implemented infrastructure, applications, and systems.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2012BC Tesis
Technologies: GWT, CSS, HTML, MySQL, REST
- Designed and created a system for real-time information about aircraft positioning using GWT, CSS3, HTML5, COMET, MySQL, and Java.
- Communicated and worked with RESTless APIs.
- Ensured coding standards and common practices for the development team.
- Took part in live demo presentations to the client.
- Coordinated changes and development plans for the scalability of the system to the team leader.