- Chief Software Architect and Consultant2011 - PRESENTNikSci
Technologies: Node.js, CSS, Jekyll, PowerShell
- Contributed to Twitter Bootstrap and AngularJS on GitHub.
- Wrote multiple Windows applications to generate customized Windows and Mac applications and compile the generated apps into a distribution-ready format (including friendly installer apps).
- Converted a custom-designed website to use Twitter Bootstrap as a CSS foundation. In the process, migrated the entire website and blog from an in-house CMS to Jekyll.
- Deployed websites and applications to various cloud platforms, including AWS, Google App Engine, Heroku, and Rackspace Cloud. The underlying operating systems included Windows, Debian Linux (and derivatives), and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (and derivatives).
- Built multiple line-of-business web applications, including a bespoke real-estate analysis and profit estimation tool which was highly accessible by users with any level of computer familiarity.
- Wrote dozens of scripts to automate repetitive tasks in languages like Unix shell script, Windows PowerShell, and Node.js. These tasks included messaging in-bulk by email and SMS, and organizing directories based on information in an Excel file.
- Built multiple EDI applications to convert data (e.g., invoices) between multiple industry-standard and proprietary XML and flat-text formats. The applications were implemented as fault-tolerant Windows services, which would also upload and download new data to process automatically.
- Freelance .NET Developer2015 - 2015Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, .NET, Mixed-Integer Linear Programming Solvers
- Conducted a code review on the client's legacy system for mathematical modeling and optimization of mining operations.
- Built a back-end for the software to generate, execute, and solve a mixed-integer linear programming problem from the user-provided parameters.
- Built a .NET to Java bridge inside the software, for seamless integration with a solver engine which was only available with a Java API.
- Re-architected major parts of the software, taking it from spaghetti code to testable modular code.
- Freelance Software Architect and DevOps2015 - 2015Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS, Docker
- Containerized the company's flagship web application using Docker for deployment ease and scalability.
- Built AWS CloudFormation templates for deployment of the Docker app to Elastic Beanstalk and Amazon RDS.
- Built automation to support CI/CD workflows from the source code repository to deployed apps on AWS.
- Software Architect, DevOps, and InfoSec Consultant2013 - 2015NikSci
Technologies: Azure, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, C#
- Architected a complete system for managing the day-to-day operations of a real estate firm, designed to run on Microsoft Azure.
- Designed and built the system with C#, ASP.NET MVC, and SQL Server.
- Deployed the system to Azure Virtual Machines, Azure App Service, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Storage.
- Built automation for code quality checks and deployment to Azure from the source code repository.
- Built automation for periodic security audits, including proactive threat detection and PII/data security.
- Chief Technology Officer2007 - 2011TechnoApex Software Pvt. Ltd.
Technologies: .NET, SQL, WordPress
- Built an SMS-based targeted mobile advertising network, managed entirely using an ASP.NET web application, backed with an SQL Server database.
- Built an online movie ticketing web application.
- Built a self-service bulk text messaging application, which included a web app and Windows/Mac desktop app components.
- Built an online, self-service, point-of-sale application for the food and beverage industry.
- Built a WordPress-based platform for building and rapidly deploying bespoke small-business websites.