Verified Expert in Engineering
Nikola is a Certified Professional Unity developer and a Certified Unity instructor with over five years of experience building Unity-based games in various genres, from hypercasual to full-fledged multiplayer first-person shooter games. The biggest game that Nikola has worked on was Isonzo; it took over three years to be developed and was released on Windows, Linux PS, and Xbox in September 2022.
Windows, JetBrains Rider, Discord, Unity2D
The most amazing...
...and advanced project I've developed is the AI for Isonzo; I had to ensure that the bots would react appropriately to all the scenarios in the game.
WW1 Game Series
- Made an AI system from scratch in which bots would appropriately react to each and every game scenario.
- Built the entire settings system to be as performant and intuitive as possible for the other developers.
- Fixed memory leaks and optimized code in various systems, even those I wasn't in charge of.
- Ensured that all the music behaved according to the composer's vision.
- Discovered and fixed a lot of intermittent issues that were lingering all the way back from Verdun and Tannenberg.
Senior Unity Developer
- Was part of the core team for the Learn2Read app that helps kids aged 2+ how to read.
- Wrote the code for the app functionality and was mainly focused on helping and delivering the best Unity practices for the rest of the team recently introduced to Unity.
- Solved some more complex tasks, which involved writing custom shaders for certain parts of the app.
- Untangled some issues and bugs that were intermittent or/and that required extensive Unity experience in order to be solved.
- Rapidly prototyped a drone racing game that was outsourced to a 3rd-party company.
- Prototyped an unannounced Web 3.0 title that was supposed to be launched this year, but management decided the game should be postponed indefinitely.
- Learned several new Unity Multiplayer frameworks during that process, including Photon Quantum and Fusion.
- Continued and finished the development of the game, Beat Cancer.
- Spearheaded the prototyping of a game that became known as Planet Rabbit two years later.
- Managed junior developers, including onboarding, explaining the codebase, and overseeing their game development progress.
CTO | Unity Developer
Stick & Rope
- Managed several developers who, after I left the company, successfully managed to finish and publish the games all by themselves.
- Completed several games from the prototyping phase to the live ops phase as the only developer.
- Rapid-prototyped dozens of games with the CEO deciding which games we should continue working on based on how fun they are.
• Spawning system
• Player classes
• Making and fixing tools for mappers and game designers
• Progression/unlock system
• Points-and-perks system
• Character controller system
• Creation of new features for the internal trailer tool system (it was used for recording trailers)
My final contributions included rewriting the entire game settings logic to be as clean and as performant as possible.
Tap to the Moonhttps://tap-to-the-moon.en.aptoide.com/app
Verdun and Tannenberghttps://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5227/WW1_Game_Series/
Unity, .NET, Unity3D, Photon Unity Networking (PUN), Photon, Unity2D, Spring MVC, Flutter
GitHub, Trello, Jira, Toon Boom
Gaming, Communication, Favro, Multiplayer, Architecture, Mobile Games, Game Development, User Behavior, Game Design, Game AI, 3D Games, 2D Games, Responsive Design, Quantum, Mobile Game Development, iPad
Scrum, Agile, Kanban
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Faculty Of Technical Sciences - Novi Sad, Serbia
Certified Unity Instructor
Certified Professional Unity Programmer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring