Senior iOS Developer2017 - 2018OnyxCorp (via Toptal)
Technologies: Xcode Server, POSIX, Xcode, Swift, Realm, Signal Protocols, Encryption, C++, Qt, Cocoa Touch, Objective-C
- Worked on MVP for an enterprise end-to-end communication software leading product development and engineering for iOS.
- Developed a product management process in collaboration with designers and developers.
- Deployed a CI pipeline using Xcode Server.
- Consulted designers on UX and Apple HIG best practices.
- Implemented encrypted chat protocols using a modified Signal protocol (Double Ratchet Algorithm and Diffie-Hellman key exchange with post-quantum cyphers).
- Developed an extensive test coverage for the encryption library using XCTest.
Technical Screener2017 - 2017Toptal
- Made key decisions in screening hundreds of highly-skilled software developers from all over the world through a three-step screening process (online timed algorithmic test, live coding interview, and test project review).
- Helped develop algorithmic challenges used to test potential candidates.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017BlipMe (via Toptal)
Technologies: KeystoneJS, PubNub, MongoDB, MapKit, Objective-C, Swift, iOS, Node.js
- Worked on the project as a solo full-stack engineer.
- Took over the existing legacy codebase and almost completely revamped the front-end as well as added new features to the back-end.
Developer2015 - 2016SeatCrawler (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Reverse Engineering, React, Flask, Python
- After reverse-engineering Couchsurfing mobile app as a personal project, I published a blog article about reverse-engineering private APIs which quickly gained popularity and started a discussion on this topic in the industry.
- Reverse-engineered and found ways to programmatically solve most common Captchas.
- Built proof-of-concept full-stack web apps to consume private APIs directly or through a proxy back-end.
- Built a cluster of jailbroken iPhone device to automatically intercept and decrypt APNS messages and serve security tokens via an API.
Developer2015 - 2016TurnTalk
Technologies: Encryption, iOS, Parse, Objective-C
- Developed an MVP for the product, helped define the features required, and contributed to the design of the app.
- Designed and implemented a custom protocol for end-to-end chat message encryption.
- Designed and implemented custom UI animations.
CEO2014 - 2015Traffle
Technologies: UI Animation, Facebook API, Flickr API, Parse, Objective-C
- Designed and built and MVP for a location-based social travel iOS app.
- Worked on this startup in a team with a designer while also handling engineering, marketing, and business development.
- Featured on Producthunt, Betalist, PSFK, Skift.com, and other industry-related sites.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Amadeus
Technologies: Mercurial, Kanban, Scrum, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Python, Boost, Standard Template Library (STL), C++
- Worked on data management infrastructure, in particular on a data management tool able to provide real-time data mining features with predictable throughput despite unpredictable workload.
- Developed new database engine features such as SQL-like predicate matching, new data storage representation, and additional tools and scripts for maintaining infrastructure.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011MegaFon
Technologies: Qt, PyQt, Python
- Developed various software in Python/PyQt used for automation of remote mass-integration of new GSM and UMTS sites into the radio network as well as for changing parameters of existing sites.
Software Engineering Intern2007 - 2009RET Research Institute (Moscow State Technical University)
Technologies: OpenGL, Qt, C++, MySQL, Network Programming, POSIX, C
- Developed software infrastructure for a radio telescope system on the Linux platform.
- Designed a C/POSIX API and client-server system for inter-communication between modules through a MySQL database.
- Developed GUI applications used for monitoring and controlling of system parameters (using C++/Qt)
- Extended and managed internal software development processes. Provided consulting services.
Software Engineering Intern for openSUSE2008 - 2008
Technologies: Qt, Shell Scripting, GTK+, RPM, Python
- Ported and further developed automatic application crash reporting software for Linux (written in Python).