Protocol Engineer2021 - PRESENTConsenSys
Technologies: Rust, Go, Java, Solidity, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Back-end, PostgreSQL, Docker, Blockchain, Concurrent Programming, Asynchronous Programming, Cryptography, Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Performance Optimization, GitHub, Ethereum, Algorithms, Grafana
- Implemented contract-based testing between different components, which reduced integration-type bugs.
- Optimized smart contract in Solidity to reduce transaction cost.
- Enhanced integration of Rust library into Java codebase using the Java Native Interface.
- Benchmarked and optimized high-performance computing (HPC).
Software Developer2017 - 2021Booking.com
Technologies: Continuous Integration (CI), Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, MySQL, Java, Database Design, Cassandra, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), RESTful APIs, Microservices, Grafana, A/B Testing
- Implemented a set of A/B experiments, which reduced cancellations-related customer support tickets by 20%.
- Improved performance of entrepreneurial partners by integrating a cancellation policy recommendation model.
- Completed full API integration with tours and activities providers, which increased transactions by 10%.
- Contributed to community-driven projects, including Python libraries and developer tools.
Software Developer2015 - 2019EverCharge (via Toptal)
- Introduced database schema migration using Alembic and Flask-Migrate.
- Developed a web portal from scratch using Flask-Admin.
- Introduced automated tests, including unit, integration, and Selenium-based tests. Improved coverage of the Python codebase to 90%.
- Developed a customer signup flow, which includes handling Stripe payments.
- Decreased the cost of monthly billing procedures by moving it from FreshBooks to Stripe.
- Automated the reimbursement procedure, including issuing a lob.com check.
- Configured deployments on AWS Elastic Beanstalk using Docker.
- Created a set of tools for validating data from devices.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Staffmatch (via Toptal)
Technologies: Unit Testing, Webpack, Redux, React, CSS, CSS3 Animation
- Implemented vector animation for the main website.
- Added automated tests for core web logic for faster refactoring.
- Refactored UI logic, which reduced the number of bugs.
Python Web Developer2015 - 2015Walkio (via Toptal)
- Added features that allow customers to communicate via Twilio SMS.
- Migrated the data model to remove logical inconsistencies.
- Added integration with Checkr.io for background checks on prospective dog walkers.
- Set up a two-step sign-up for dog walkers.
- Added an editing page for account details and billing information.
- Increased unit test coverage from 0 to 87 percent and included Selenium tests.
Python Test Automation Developer2014 - 2015Positive Technologies
Technologies: Nginx, Unit Testing, SQL, Networks, Grafana, Git, GitLab, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Docker, Python
- Created a Python module for generating data for load testing using Yandex.Tank.
- Created software for advanced test artifact collecting. Facilitated analysis of new bugs.
- Implemented an abstraction layer for simpler web UI testing. Reduced the support cost of tests.
- Moved auxiliary services to the Docker. Decreased resource usage of the test environment.
Performance Engineer2012 - 2014Dino Systems
Technologies: Unit Testing, SQL, Networks, Git, PostgreSQL, Celery, Django, Subversion (SVN), R, AmCharts, jQuery, Python, C#, Zabbix, Performance Analysis
- Suggested, designed, and developed a web portal for aggregation performance tests results. Reduced time spent on report creation by 30%. Used Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and amCharts.
- Created a cross-platform desktop application for tracking time for Jira issues. Improved time tracking accuracy significantly.
- Developed performance tests for a SOAP API service using C#.
- Designed and developed advanced performance tests for a telephony system.
- Developed a script for creating test cases in a test case management system from real HTTP traffic.
Performance Engineer2011 - 2012Devexperts
Technologies: Unit Testing, SQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Networks, AWS EC2, MySQL, Subversion (SVN), Linux, Java, Performance Analysis
- Developed a script for automatic collection and result processing of performance tests. Decreased the number of human errors and data losses.
- Designed and successfully ran performance tests for an industrial monitoring system on a tight schedule.
- Set up an environment for monitoring and collecting results in Amazon EC2.
- Introduced an advanced configuration of a monitoring system. Reduced the load to the monitoring system MySQL database and improved performance.
- Performed a migration to a new OS testing images in Amazon EC2.