Verified Expert in Engineering
Nikolai is a self-directed and organized professional. He is a results-oriented problem solver with sharp analytical abilities and excellent communication skills. He is a highly competent software engineer with four years of experience in Python programming and web technologies.
Vim Text Editor, MacOS, Linux, IntelliJ, Docker
The most amazing...
...application I've built uses Django to store performance test results, involving millions of metrics and integration with systems and APIs like Jira and Zabbix.
- Implemented contract-based testing between different components, which reduced integration-type bugs.
- Optimized smart contract in Solidity to reduce transaction cost.
- Enhanced integration of Rust library into Java codebase using the Java Native Interface.
- Benchmarked and optimized high-performance computing (HPC).
- Implemented a set of A/B experiments, which reduced cancellations-related customer support tickets by 20%.
- Improved performance of entrepreneurial partners by integrating a cancellation policy recommendation model.
- Completed full API integration with tours and activities providers, which increased transactions by 10%.
- Contributed to community-driven projects, including Python libraries and developer tools.
EverCharge (via Toptal)
- Introduced database schema migration using Alembic and Flask-Migrate.
- Developed a web portal from scratch using Flask-Admin.
- Introduced automated tests, including unit, integration, and Selenium-based tests. Improved coverage of the Python codebase to 90%.
- Developed a customer signup flow, which includes handling Stripe payments.
- Decreased the cost of monthly billing procedures by moving it from FreshBooks to Stripe.
- Automated the reimbursement procedure, including issuing a lob.com check.
- Configured deployments on AWS Elastic Beanstalk using Docker.
- Created a set of tools for validating data from devices.
Staffmatch (via Toptal)
- Implemented vector animation for the main website.
- Added automated tests for core web logic for faster refactoring.
- Refactored UI logic, which reduced the number of bugs.
Python Web Developer
Walkio (via Toptal)
- Added features that allow customers to communicate via Twilio SMS.
- Migrated the data model to remove logical inconsistencies.
- Added integration with Checkr.io for background checks on prospective dog walkers.
- Set up a two-step sign-up for dog walkers.
- Added an editing page for account details and billing information.
- Increased unit test coverage from 0 to 87 percent and included Selenium tests.
Python Test Automation Developer
- Created a Python module for generating data for load testing using Yandex.Tank.
- Created software for advanced test artifact collecting. Facilitated analysis of new bugs.
- Implemented an abstraction layer for simpler web UI testing. Reduced the support cost of tests.
- Moved auxiliary services to the Docker. Decreased resource usage of the test environment.
- Suggested, designed, and developed a web portal for aggregation performance tests results. Reduced time spent on report creation by 30%. Used Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and amCharts.
- Created a cross-platform desktop application for tracking time for Jira issues. Improved time tracking accuracy significantly.
- Developed performance tests for a SOAP API service using C#.
- Designed and developed advanced performance tests for a telephony system.
- Developed a script for creating test cases in a test case management system from real HTTP traffic.
- Developed a script for automatic collection and result processing of performance tests. Decreased the number of human errors and data losses.
- Designed and successfully ran performance tests for an industrial monitoring system on a tight schedule.
- Set up an environment for monitoring and collecting results in Amazon EC2.
- Introduced an advanced configuration of a monitoring system. Reduced the load to the monitoring system MySQL database and improved performance.
- Performed a migration to a new OS testing images in Amazon EC2.
It stores metrics from servers under tests and from test clients, builds graphs, and performs data aggregation.
My contributions to the project allowed the decrease of time spent on creating performance reports by approximately 30%.
Single Page about the Marathon in Saint Petersburg
It uses Babel for multi-language support.
Flask, Bootstrap, Redux, Django, JUnit
REST APIs, React, SQLAlchemy, Stripe, Stripe API, PyQt
Automated Testing, Database Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Test-driven Development (TDD), Asynchronous Programming, Concurrent Programming, Microservices
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Twilio, Heroku, Apache Kafka, Blockchain, Ethereum
PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
Performance Analysis, Performance Optimization, Front-end, Back-end, APIs, Algorithms, Full-stack, Cryptography, Networks, Network Programming, A/B Testing, CSS3 Animation
Celery, GitHub, NGINX, Git, GitLab, Babel, Webpack, Apache Maven, Grafana
Master's Degree in Management and Technology for Information Security
Saint-Petersburg State University (Information Technologies, Mechanics, and Optics) - Saint Petersburg, Russia