Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Warehouse Design Developer
Nitin is a data engineering professional with over 13 years of work experience with expertise in data engineering, cloud computing (architecture and DevOps), enterprise data warehousing, and machine learning. His strengths include Databricks (Pyspark), ETL (Talend and Informatica Cloud), programming (Python), SQL (Azure SQL, SQL Server, Teradata, Redshift, and PostgreSQL), scripting (Unix, PowerShell), data modeling, and having impeccable business acumen.
Databricks, Talend ETL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Python 3, Docker, Informatica ETL, Unix, Databases, Apache Airflow
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a scalable architecture built from scratch for setting up infra, CI/CD, and ingesting data into a data lake and data warehouse.
Senior Data Engineer
- Designed and built a scalable data vault in Delta Lakehouse for multiple source systems and their tenants, using AWS, Databricks, a database, Python, Powershell, and Unix. Provisioned Databricks environments in AWS using Terraform.
- Developed notebooks in Databricks (dynamic) to load an enterprise Delta Lakehouse. Configured the Databricks platform from scratch on AWS and orchestrated the design of a Delta Lakehouse (data vault model).
- Made high-performance dashboards available to insurance clients with architecture, a total win-win for Wilbur as a third party.
Senior Data Engineer
Transport for NSW
- Developed dashboards and data pipelines to project near real-time traffic travel times from point A to Point B. The Government used this data to make the lives of citizens easier.
- Built real-time dashboards in Tableau and dynamic data pipelines in Talend. Managed the data feed from different sources and integrated them in a data warehouse in Aurora and Redshift. Made Data Lakes in Amazon Athena that housed data for ML models.
- Showcased traffic patterns and helped government stakeholders to make decisions for building or maintaining infrastructure to help the citizens of the region.
Senior Data Analyst
Jones Lang LaSalle
- Architected and developed data workflow for multiple source systems. Data was shared across the globe for organizational groups providing them with daily insights to make business decisions.
- Developed data pipelines in Databricks on Azure Cloud, dynamic notebooks were built that could handle any data loading strategy for a data warehouse and data vault. Developers and business users were made aware of data status on a day-to-day basis.
- Created dynamic and scalable architecture so that build time was significantly under control. 360-degree views of businesses have helped real estate agents to ace business deals.
- Developed data feeds on Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Cloud to ingest into EDW.
- Migrated client's data warehouse and data pipelines to the cloud from on-premise.
- Architected and developed data pipelines to ingest data feeds into a data warehouse, using Informatica ETL and Talend ETL. Created a library of Unix functions to reduce the build time in projects and to promote function reusability.
- Transitioned to the cloud, saving up to two million dollars in licensing, administration, and maintenance. Scalable architecture was reused in multiple projects that resulted in bringing down the build time and overriding all manual tasks.
Transport for NSW
I also built dashboards in Tableau to showcase data feed status and data completeness for stakeholders. Additionally, dashboards included travel times from point to point on different motorways. The designed data model for Amazon Aurora DB (PostgreSQL) and optimized SQL queries to source Tableau dashboards. I created a data integration control framework in postgres functions to track run status of various jobs and perform SCD operations using a single process dynamically.
Python 3, SQL, Python
Talend ETL, Informatica ETL, Azure Machine Learning, Tableau, Amazon Athena, Terraform, Apache Airflow
Databricks, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unix, AWS Lambda, Azure, Docker, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Dedicated SQL Pool (formerly SQL DW)
Databases, Redshift, Data Lakes, Amazon Aurora, SQL Server 2016
Data Warehouse Design, Azure Data Factory, Data Engineering, Programming
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communications
PES University (School of Engineering) - Bangalore, India
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Databricks Apache Spark 3
Talend for Big Data
Azure Data Scientist Associate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring