Engineering Manager2018 - PRESENTNew York Times
Technologies: Java, Oracle, AWS, GCP
- Designed a caching application for high availability and a low-latency application to support up to 30,000 requests per second; used AWS Elasticache.
- Architected the development of a new application to support specialty billing scenarios, using Java, Postgres and Apache Beam (GCP dataflow).
- Dismantled a legacy monolith application into micro-services; used Google App Engine and Java and Spring Boot.
- Developed a new REST API application using Go for a legacy application.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018New York Times
Technologies: PHP, Go, MySQL, Vue.js
- Developed custom features in a type of SugarCrm software to support over 500 customer service agents.
- Implemented a new voice-over-IP solution for 500 customer service users, including Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), using Amazon Connect.
- Evaluated the replacement of Backbone.js framework with React or Vue.js.
- Implemented a data warehousing application by hooking up an AWS Kinesis stream to an AWS lambda function into Google BigQuery, and finally created the reports in ChartIO.
- Developed an app to consume GCP pub sub-events, decode them from AVRO format, and placed them into a custom app.
Software Engineer2015 - 2018Autoloop
Technologies: C#, .NET, SQL Server, AngularJS, RabbitMQ
- Created a major integration with a third party by building a state machine to ingest hundreds of files on a daily basis.
- Developed several REST API endpoints for third parties to integrate with the company and decoupled the application using RabbitMQ.
- Built an interactive single-page application using AngularJS to allow users to upload a CSV file and map several columns to database fields.
- Performed in-depth database optimization research to increase performance by analyzing traces and execution plans and recommending new indexes.
Founder | CTO2002 - 2015Invitation Consultants
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server, Ruby on Rails, InDesign Server, Neo4j
- Custom built a website with a shopping cart and credit card integration.
- Developed a custom content management system (CMS) for the maintenance of an eCommerce website.
- Created an online preview engine for a web-to-print application.
- Built a recommendation engine using collaborative filtering and a graph database, Neo4j.
- Create a geolocation application using Google Places API and Ruby on Rails.
- Developed an online portal to integrate with third-party vendors, including automatic submission of orders using XML.
- Built a reporting application to interact with Quickbooks API.
- Created a desktop application to scan barcodes and print UPS shipping labels.