Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
Front-end Web Developer
Steady Platform, Inc
- Built some internal apps developed in Angular 2+ and also on the main website of the company. Migrated the authentication mechanism to Auth0.
- Handled the main Steady Mobile App. Developed new features and new screens, and also some integration with third-party tools like AppsFlyer or Optimizedly.
- Contributed to a new product (still in progress) called Income Passport. Implemented new screens and functionalities related to connecting bank accounts or gig accounts using tools like Plaid or Argyle.
- Built a new release of the product RPX, which is a risk management system that covers functionalities such as business continuity, disaster recovery, operational risks, and more.
- Created this software solution and implemented it as a web application. The frameworks and libraries used were Angular 2+, RxJS, Bootstrap, Webpack, and Cypress; on the server side, Java and Spring framework are used.
- Created a new mobile app called Home Emergency, an app that you can use for emergencies. In this app, you can define a contingency plan for various emergency situations. For implementing this app, I used Ionic and Firebase/Node.js.
- Worked on a number of projects during my time at Nisum Technologies.
- Defined and implemented a workflow which defines how software artifacts are deployed in multiple environments; done on behalf of Macy's. The most relevant tools we used for this project was Activiti BPMN and the Spring Framework.
- Developed the Size-&-Pack project: a middleware software component that processed purchase orders coming from two different systems—enriching the information and restructuring to a common format.
- Used new technologies like the Cucumber component testing tool and the new features provided by the last version of the Spring Framework as well to reinforce my knowledge about TDD practices.
- Maintained and upgraded point-of-sale solutions (Oracle POS) used by the GAP retail company.
- Developed EMV (European Mastercard Visa) whose purpose was to upgrade the current POS solution used by Gap to allow the usage of EMV credit/debit cards which use the chip and pin as the transaction authorization mechanism.
- Added a new middleware component called MCM (multi-connect merchant).
- Changed all sale transaction flows going through POS in order to call the MCM middleware when they need to be authorized. Some of the technologies and tools I have used in this project are the following: Java 1.6, MySQL, Oracle POS, Soap Web Services, Eclipse, VMware, MCM, and more.
- Worked on an internal project that generates accountability reports for higher management. It was about uploading and processing spreadsheet files containing financial information, this information was parsed and consolidated in a single report that can be visualized on a web application and filtered out using multiple criteria (used React/Node.js and MongoDB).
Senior Web Developer
- Developed, maintained, upgraded, and supported lending and marketing web-based solutions.
- Created Lending Vertical: a web-based consultancy system that allows users to query for the best credit alternative available in the market. More information can be found in my portfolio.
- Developed the Campaign Administration System (CAS): an internal system that allows the creation and management of web-based campaigns. More information can be found in my portfolio.
- Designed and implemented new software solutions targeted to LAC region.
- Worked on the FGC low-value module: a web-based application specifically dedicated to shipments classified as low value. More information can be found in my portfolio.
- Developed the FedEx global clearance system (FGC): a system dedicated to the depuration, adjustment, and enrichment of the shipment manifest data. More information can be found in my portfolio.
- Built the Global Cash Control System (GCCS): a system dedicated to control and audit the cash management during FedEx couriers daily operations. More information can be found in my portfolio.
My Table Gridhttp://pabloaravena.info/mytablegrid
Recovery Planner | Home App
Experian | Lending Verticalhttp://www.lowermybills.com
Once the user provides the information required by the system, this was expressed as a kind of survey, then the system responds with a list of possible lender institutions. Behind the scene, there was a fully implemented workflow process that interacts with external or third-party systems that provides information like the credit score or correct identity of the person authenticated.
Technologies: Spring Framework, Hibernate, Tomcat, Oracle Database.
Experian | Campaign Administration System (CAS)
Technologies: Spring Framework, Hibernate, SQL Server, AngularJS.
FedEx | FGC Low-value Module
FedEx | FedEx Global Clearance System (FGC)
Initially, each country had its own homemade solution for this problem, mostly because of the different legislation rules that each country imposed.
The purpose of this software application was to define and implement a unified solution for processing shipment manifest data. In the beginning, a basic solution was deployed in Trinidad and Tobago because it offered the simplest scenario, and after that, the solution was evolved providing new features that make it possible to be deployed in other countries like Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, and more. It was finally used as a global solution in the LAC region.
FedEx | Global Cash Control System (GCCS)
Technologies: Struts Framework, Hibernate, TibcoMQ, WebLogic
React Native, Next.js, Jest, Spring, Angular, Express.js, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Flask, Ionic, Django
Node.js, REST APIs, React, RxJS, React Redux
Unit Testing, REST, Agile, Mobile Development
Back-end, APIs, SOAP, Mobile Apps, Full-stack, CI/CD Pipelines
Windows, Firebase, Linux, Oracle, Heroku, Shopify
MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle 10g, Cloud Firestore, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidad de Santiago, Chile - Santiago, Chile
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring