Verified Expert in Engineering
QA Automation Developer
Papuna is a highly skilled QA automation and DevOps engineer with experience in Linux system administration and network engineering. He has leadership experience in QA teams and skills for delivering high-quality end-to-end tests. Papuna has designed architectures and implemented scalable systems using microservices and serverless architecture.
MacOS, Docker, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux Server Administration, Unix, Resource Management, Kubernetes
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on is Casting Networks, where I was in charge of automating the data validation process for the database migration team.
- Acquired a browser automation startup and relaunched it as Owloops with additional features.
- Open-sourced the core engine to give back to the community and start a new approach for automation testing and monitoring.
- Implemented Chrome extensions to simplify the user flow creation process.
- Improved video transcoding speed and cost management with the transcoder's autoscaling.
- Upgraded database engines, implemented them in IaC, and performed data migrations.
- Improved Redis cluster availability and performance through the implementation of clean-up jobs.
- Implemented various security practices to meet industry standard certification requirements.
- Migrated the infrastructure to the CDK and performed backup continuity planning activities.
- Participated in conferences, cooperating with the industry's financial sector and public institutions.
- Administered accreditation of training providers to supply courses that meet the syllabus of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
- Provided certification of IT professionals in Georgia according to ISTQB standards.
- Assured large company managers about the effectiveness of ISTQB-certified staff.
- Implemented an internationally recognized scheme of certified testers.
- Conducted over 170 interviews for manual and automation QA engineers.
- Contributed to developing interview techniques that enhanced the quality of candidate selection for QA roles.
- Helped design and implement technical assessments for QA candidates, including live coding tasks and technical projects.
QA Automation Engineer
- Introduced Zephyr Scale plugin for test management and traceability and created and maintained test cases for a beta product with rapid development.
- Automated smoke testing test cases of a remote video creation real-time application with a hybrid Cypress, Puppeteer, and FFmpeg framework from scratch.
- Created load tests using k6 for critical web sockets and executed them from k6 cloud load generators.
- Reviewed customer support issues and created a bug-tracking system.
- Trained team members in testing methodologies and testing principles.
Casting Networks (via TulaCo)
- Managed a team of five senior QA automation engineers.
- Implemented unit testing for performance using the k6 load testing tool.
- Maintained UI, API, and load-testing frameworks for a large-scale application with up to three million users.
- Implemented optimized tests that validated big data up to four million records in extreme cases.
Mobile Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business and functional requirements and developed test scripts for iOS and Android Native applications. Automated test coverage of the core functionality increased by 75%.
- Created data-driven tests by integrating a framework with Google Sheets API as a database and creating data tables as an external asset.
- Implemented a simplified flow for the application version management by integrating a framework with Bitrise API.
- Set up a CI/CD pipeline on a TeamCity server with parametrization to run tests using specific builds on Sauce Labs cloud devices. Built reporting with Allure reporter and integrated results with TeamCity.
- Managed the application state using API calls within UI tests.
- Trained the QA team on mobile automation processes.
TBC Bank Group
- Managed a team of QA engineers (ten testers) as a chapter lead.
- Collaborated with automation consulting engineers to standardize end-to-end automation tools and processes.
- Created JMeter scenarios and scheduled the virtual users to generate a realistic load on the server using JMeter (load generator machine).
- Developed automation test scripts for web service (API) testing.
- Implemented page objects and test classes using Selenium WebDriver, Java, and JUnit.
Product Savvy Consulting
- Served as a project team leader working on highly available software for event management.
- Migrated test plans into scripts for automated regression testing using frameworks such as Protractor and Calabash.
- Designed architecture and implemented a highly scalable system using dockerized microservices with AWS ECS, ALB, and VPC.
- Set up Jenkins as a continuous delivery pipeline which included automated build, E2E testing, and deployments in multiple environments.
- Developed and maintained test cases for testing the applications after analyzing system specification documents.
Network Operation Center Engineer
- Collaborated with field technicians and vendors to resolve data circuits, voice, and data problems.
- Monitored network performance using tools such as Cacti and Nagios.
- Configured and maintained Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
- Analyzed and determined technical problems within LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Coordinated with other departments to resolve customer issues and determine appropriate escalation paths where necessary.
Speaker at EXTENT Talkshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMYWqNiFTE&ab_channel=Exactpro
Speaker at DevOps Con Tbilisi 2019http://devopsgeorgia.ge/doct19/en/
Panel Discussions at TMPA Conferencehttps://tmpaconf.org/events/tmpa-2019/about-2019-en
Panel Discussions at the A4Q World Congress
Appium, Selenium, Selenide, JUnit, Jest, Cypress
Node.js, WebDriverJS, Chai, REST APIs, Paessler PRTG API
Jenkins, GitHub, Cucumber, REST Assured, Mocha, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Apache JMeter, Git, Gradle, Postman, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon CloudFront CDN, GitLab CI/CD, Jira, TestRail, Nagios, Cacti, WebdriverIO, TeamCity, Grafana, Kibana, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Vagrant, SoapUI
Manual Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Automated Testing, DevOps, Testing, Test Automation, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Load Testing, Microservices Architecture, Stress Testing, REST, Software Testing, Serverless Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Linux, Unix, AWS Lambda, Fedora, MacOS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2, Firebase, Kubernetes, iOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Mobile App Testing, Web App Testing, SDET, Manual QA, QA Testing, AWS DevOps, Quality Assurance (QA), Agile Software Testing, UI Testing, API Testing, Network Engineering, QA Automation, CI/CD Pipelines, Cloud Services, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Monitoring, AWS Cloud Architecture, QA Leadership, Test Design, Cloud Architecture, Configuration Management, Business Services, Linux Server Administration, Resource Management, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Amazon RDS, Rideshare Services, Event Management, Routing, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), IT Networking, System Administration, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Networking, Cisco, Cisco Networking, Troubleshooting, Prometheus, Filebeat, QA Test Plan Management, ECS, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Website Performance, Performance Tuning, K6, Interviewing, Documentation, Conference Speaking, Public Speaking, Project Leadership, Mobile Device QA Automation, Web App Automation, Performance Testing, Mentorship & Coaching
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Database Testing, Amazon Aurora, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB
Banking & Finance, Security, IT Security
Coursework Toward a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia