- Owner | DeveloperAkeso Enterprises2015 - PRESENT
- Designed and wrote a subscription-based web application for health practitioners.
- Created the REST back-end interface using PHP and MySQL.
- Integrated Braintree for accepting and managing subscription payments.
- Designed an automated email system, a key feature of the platform for customers.
- Independent ContractorInternational Business Machines2016 - 2017
- Designed and developed the beta version of Havyn, a voice-enabled cognitive solution for the SOC and MSS customers. Leveraged Bluemix (the IBM cloud solution), Node.js, and Watson technologies to rapidly iterate versions for the SOC, customers, and convention demos.
- Developed web-based tools for the MSS ACE team using PHP, Laravel, REST, jQuery, and MySQL.
- Senior Software EngineerInternational Business Machines2006 - 2014
Technologies: Java, Perl, MySQL, Nagios
- Created a client-side log collection utility for managed services, which was installed on thousands of customer devices.
- Developed a custom distributed work library to improve scalability of key infrastructure bottlenecks.
- Automated the internal audit tasks to ensure and enforce mandatory security controls.
- Led two small development teams that were responsible for supporting client devices and the Security Operations group.
- Manage automated device health system (Nagios/Icinga), including expanding capacity and significantly improving device support.
- Created SOAP web service client libraries and examples for customers to interact with our services.
- Developed and improved new web services to support new features of the managed security services.
- Research and Development EngineerInternet Security Systems2003 - 2006
Technologies: Perl, MRTG, Linux
- Integrated MRTG into a managed services provider, to continuously collect client device statistics and display them to the clients in the customer portal.
- Implement a new automated device health system (Nagios) and relevant device checks, including rewriting portions of the open-source Windows NRPE client.
- Wrote and maintained the technical specifications of supported managed security services.
- Helped build a lab that would be used for certifying new devices and versions of software.
- Provided advanced Linux expertise to the Infrastructure team.