Data Strategy Consultant2018 - PRESENTBluePath LLC
Technologies: DAX, Microsoft Excel, Domo, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, MySQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), SQL, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Implemented Domo and Power BI dashboards and data integration for all company internal metrics from two different Gym ERPs (X3 Sports).
- Handled Excel VBA automation for various documentation and contact procedures, reducing the time from four hours to 30 seconds in client profiles (JLT Law).
- Inventoried all existing disparate systems and data, queried every functional group for KPIs, customized a plan for data integration and warehousing, and devised the least-cost path to develop all metrics needed (Eyecare Prime).
- Designed and implemented a new sales ranking algorithm in Hadoop and GCP, completed in 1/6 of the time and with 1/2 the cost of the client's internal IT quote.
- Revamped company-wide sales Power BI reports and cleaned up data process for a large vehicle manufacturer.
- Managed a small team of one to two subcontractors through various projects.
Data Strategy Consultant2018 - PRESENTHome Depot
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Apache Hive, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Hibernate Query Language (HQL), SQL, Hadoop, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Oversaw ETL services of data between Salesforce, Hadoop, Tableau, and GCP.
- Formulated ranking algorithm using a tool I'd never used before (Hadoop) in 1/6 the time and significantly less cost (exact number not shared) than quoted by their internal IT team.
- Developed compensation curve equation for 1500 employee sales force.
- Designed and built suite of Tableau dashboards to display team metrics at various organization hierarchy levels.
Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence and Marketing Analytics2015 - 2017Conisus LLC
Technologies: Tableau, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Consulted leadership of a large pharmaceutical firm to design custom, mobile analytics solutions in Tableau and SQL Server.
- Collaborated with internal senior leadership to flesh out new business intelligence line-up, adding additional company revenue streams.
- Orchestrated formation of visual-based analytics department to increase marketing efficacy, positive cash flow within first year.
- Designed and facilitated implementation of cutting-edge IT systems using SQL and SSIS, reducing average analysis time 60%.
- Studied and created new company processes to structure program coordination and reduce touch points by 30%.
- Designed accounting process and dashboard to track expenses and missing items, supplanting hours spent per day creating and reconciling spreadsheets.
- Managed a Tableau Server, using tabadmin, tabcmd, REST API, local authentication, and trusted ticket authentication to create unique functionality for end users.
Senior Analyst, Inventory and Supply Chain Decisions2012 - 2015The Home Depot
Technologies: Tableau, IBM Informix, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Teradata, IBM Db2, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Designed Order and Truckload economic decision model and process saving 25% of transportation costs for $80 billion supply chain.
- Forecasted sales and least-cost options to reduce lead times by 50% and more using Poisson, Exponential, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Built data model and tables for 25-person supply chain analytics teams, bringing together many disparate systems.
- Reduced emergency process by 50%, led UAT team, trained 45 associates, design and implemented enterprise-wide web app while serving on the Emergency Visibility Taskforce.
- Developed Assortment Tracking software project with Excel front-end and Access back-end to report daily and monthly trends and issues to senior leadership.
- Rewrote store Informix code to monitor and call out changes in high-velocity seasonal SKUs and changed ordering algorithms saving tens of thousands per store per year.
Analyst, Holiday Inventory2011 - 2012The Home Depot
Technologies: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Data Analytics, Analytics
- Coordinated and executed $360 million inventory transfer from vendors to distribution centers to stores.
- Exceeded all program metrics: turns of 5.21 vs. 4.72, sell through 82.8% vs. 81%, DC in-stock 99.6% vs. 99.17%.
- Helped create lost-sales algorithm and template to forecast future needs.
- Created Store-SKU allocation database to coordinate inbound orders, initial sets, and replenishment.
- Automated process for tracking and reporting products on ads.
- Distribution-Center-to-Store product receipt lookup.
Senior Analyst2010 - 2011BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Led project to bring parcel, LTL, Truckload, and Ocean data-entry in-house.
- Supported development and maintenance of Microsoft Access SQL database for data entry and analysis.
- Managed and trained eight temporary employees in data-entry processes.
- Reduced receipt-to-delivery entry times by 70%.
- Vastly increased breadth and depth of analysis and consultation capabilities.
- Lead analyst on full-network optimization/reorganization for national retail supplier.
- Supported the consolidation of parcel shipping and distribution centers by utilizing current and future package distribution strategies using Excel and SQL analysis techniques.
- Introduced new transportation management systems to facilitate shipment times and method.
- Updated warehousing strategies and layouts to accommodate expedited order process and trailer utilization.
Analyst2008 - 2010BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Data Analytics, Analytics
- Supported consulting process for over 200 middle-market and national companies.
- Analyzed shipment and load-level data and contracts to create and present cost avoidance and reduction strategies through utilization of advanced Excel techniques (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and SQL.
- Supported the cost savings of over 30% of transportation spend for clients.
- Responsible for set-up of small parcel clients for invoicing and oversight of initial carrier implementation compliance.
Intern, Technical Support2007 - 2007Wandering Wifi, Inc.
Technologies: AirWatch, WiFi, Networking
- Provided client support for wireless internet and computer and hardware configurations.
- Managed group of eight employees in project to improve processes and process management.
- Wrote foundation documents for training of new employees to cut time necessary by 33%.
- Managed daily operations and technical proficiency of 15 employees.