Data Strategy Consultant2018 - PRESENTBluePath
Technologies: DAX, Microsoft Excel, Domo, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, MySQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), SQL, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Visualization, Dashboards, Data Analysis
- Worked on a one-year anti-money laundering project for Commonwealth Financial. The purpose was to combine all internal and external data sources into one pristine SQL server source for AML deep-dive analysis.
- Designed and implemented a new sales ranking algorithm in Hadoop and GCP, completed in 1/6 of the time and with 1/2 the cost of the client's internal IT quote. The client was Home Depot.
- Worked for LinkedIn on a Help-desk for PowerBI analytics back-end processes dealing with server management, integration, dataset creation, and dashboard builds. Lead on database model overhaul.
- Revamped company-wide sales Power BI reports and cleaned up data process for a large vehicle manufacturer for BRP.
- Inventoried all existing disparate systems and data, queried every functional group for KPIs, customized a plan for data integration and warehousing, and devised the least-cost path to develop all metrics needed. The client was Eyecare Prime.
- Created an algorithm for optimizing sales force bonuses for Home Depot.
- Handled Excel VBA automation for various documentation and contact procedures, reducing the time from four hours to 30 seconds in client profiles. The client was JLT Law.
- Implemented Domo and Power BI dashboards and data integration for all X3 Sports internal metrics from two different Gym ERPs.
- Managed a small team of one to two subcontractors through various projects.
Data Strategy Consultant2018 - PRESENTHome Depot
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Apache Hive, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Hibernate Query Language (HQL), SQL, Hadoop, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Visualization, Dashboards, Data Analysis
- Oversaw ETL services of data between Salesforce, Hadoop, Tableau, and GCP.
- Formulated ranking algorithm using a tool I'd never used before (Hadoop) in 1/6 the time and significantly less cost (exact number not shared) than quoted by their internal IT team.
- Developed compensation curve equation for 1500 employee sales force.
- Designed and built suite of Tableau dashboards to display team metrics at various organization hierarchy levels.
Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence and Marketing Analytics2015 - 2017Conisus LLC
Technologies: Tableau, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Visualization, Dashboards, Data Analysis
- Consulted leadership of a large pharmaceutical firm to design custom, mobile analytics solutions in Tableau and SQL Server.
- Collaborated with internal senior leadership to flesh out new business intelligence line-up, adding additional company revenue streams.
- Orchestrated formation of visual-based analytics department to increase marketing efficacy, positive cash flow within first year.
- Designed and facilitated implementation of cutting-edge IT systems using SQL and SSIS, reducing average analysis time 60%.
- Studied and created new company processes to structure program coordination and reduce touch points by 30%.
- Designed accounting process and dashboard to track expenses and missing items, supplanting hours spent per day creating and reconciling spreadsheets.
- Managed a Tableau Server, using tabadmin, tabcmd, REST API, local authentication, and trusted ticket authentication to create unique functionality for end users.
Senior Analyst, Inventory and Supply Chain Decisions2012 - 2015The Home Depot
Technologies: Tableau, IBM Informix, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Teradata, IBM Db2, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Visualization, Dashboards, Data Analysis
- Designed Order and Truckload economic decision model and process saving 25% of transportation costs for $80 billion supply chain.
- Forecasted sales and least-cost options to reduce lead times by 50% and more using Poisson, Exponential, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Built data model and tables for 25-person supply chain analytics teams, bringing together many disparate systems.
- Reduced emergency process by 50%, led UAT team, trained 45 associates, design and implemented enterprise-wide web app while serving on the Emergency Visibility Taskforce.
- Developed Assortment Tracking software project with Excel front-end and Access back-end to report daily and monthly trends and issues to senior leadership.
- Rewrote store Informix code to monitor and call out changes in high-velocity seasonal SKUs and changed ordering algorithms saving tens of thousands per store per year.
Analyst, Holiday Inventory2011 - 2012The Home Depot
Technologies: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Analysis
- Coordinated and executed $360 million inventory transfer from vendors to distribution centers to stores.
- Exceeded all program metrics: turns of 5.21 vs. 4.72, sell through 82.8% vs. 81%, DC in-stock 99.6% vs. 99.17%.
- Helped create lost-sales algorithm and template to forecast future needs.
- Created Store-SKU allocation database to coordinate inbound orders, initial sets, and replenishment.
- Automated process for tracking and reporting products on ads.
- Distribution-Center-to-Store product receipt lookup.
Senior Analyst2010 - 2011BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Analysis
- Led project to bring parcel, LTL, Truckload, and Ocean data-entry in-house.
- Supported development and maintenance of Microsoft Access SQL database for data entry and analysis.
- Managed and trained eight temporary employees in data-entry processes.
- Reduced receipt-to-delivery entry times by 70%.
- Vastly increased breadth and depth of analysis and consultation capabilities.
- Lead analyst on full-network optimization/reorganization for national retail supplier.
- Supported the consolidation of parcel shipping and distribution centers by utilizing current and future package distribution strategies using Excel and SQL analysis techniques.
- Introduced new transportation management systems to facilitate shipment times and method.
- Updated warehousing strategies and layouts to accommodate expedited order process and trailer utilization.
Analyst2008 - 2010BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Data Analytics, Analytics, Data Analysis
- Supported consulting process for over 200 middle-market and national companies.
- Analyzed shipment and load-level data and contracts to create and present cost avoidance and reduction strategies through utilization of advanced Excel techniques (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and SQL.
- Supported the cost savings of over 30% of transportation spend for clients.
- Responsible for set-up of small parcel clients for invoicing and oversight of initial carrier implementation compliance.
Intern, Technical Support2007 - 2007Wandering Wifi, Inc.
Technologies: AirWatch, WiFi, Networking
- Provided client support for wireless internet and computer and hardware configurations.
- Managed group of eight employees in project to improve processes and process management.
- Wrote foundation documents for training of new employees to cut time necessary by 33%.
- Managed daily operations and technical proficiency of 15 employees.