Java Developer in São Paulo - State of São Paulo, Brazil
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Pluralsight
Technologies: Python, Flask, Bottle, AngularJS, Vue.js, Django
- Created Python back-ends from scratch using Bottle, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, and Redis.
- Created JS front-ends from scratch using AngularJS, Vue.js, Underscore.js, Bootstrap.css, and Bulma.css.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Leaf
Technologies: Python, Django
- Developed the backend of a Python/Django project.
- Created automated unit and integration tests.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 201499taxis
Technologies: Java, Scala, Python
- Developed the back-end for Java projects.
- Developed the back-end and front-end of Scala projects.
- Created Python scripts for the financial team.
Python Back-end Developer2014 - 2014Smart.pr in Amsterdam
Technologies: Python, Django, AngularJS
- Optimized REST APIs and MySQL tables.
- Implemented a full-text search feature.
SDK Team Lead and Developer2012 - 2013RevMob
- Developed monetization libraries for mobile applications and games.
- Provided native support for iOS and Android platforms.
- Supported numerous game engines including Unit3D, Corona, RubyMotion, Titanium, Cordova, Marmalade, Adobe Air, Gideros, Kivy, and Cocos2Dx.
Professor for a Post-grad Course2012 - 2012University Mackenzie
Technologies: Java, Python, Ruby
- Taught Agile methods for the course "Project and Agile Development of Software."
- Taught classes about Lean concepts at the company and project levels.
- Taught classes for the most popular Agile methods such as Scrum and eXteme Programming.
- Taught technical classes for automated testing and refactoring.
Tech Lead and Developer2010 - 2012Nokia Siemens Networks
- Developed an internal system for automating tasks in the company workflow.
- Worked as tech lead of a complex team composed of people from a variety of distinct cultures.
- Used Django, South, Celery, and RabbitMQ to develop the system.
- Used jQuery and HTML5 for the front-end.
- Created Django Dynamic Fixture, a popular testing library.
Consultant, Developer, and QA Leader2009 - 2009UOL
Technologies: Java, Maven, Continuum, Selenium, and JUnit
- Served as a consultant for automated tests.
- Worked as a quality analyst.
- Developed Java testing libraries for the automation of several tasks.
Developer2006 - 2008Chancellor Department, University of Sao Paulo
Technologies: Java, Java Server Faces
- Developed an internal system to automate several workflow rules.
- Developed a web system with Java Server Faces.
- Created suites of unit and integration tests using JUnit, TestNG, and Selenium.
Developer, Consultant2006 - 2006Legislative Assembly of Sao Paulo State
Technologies: Java, Struts, JUnit, Selenium
- Developed a system for the legislative process of the state of São Paulo.
- Worked extensively with code refactoring.
- Started to automate integration tests to improve system quality.
- Game Algorithms Tournament (Development)http://gatournament.com
Developed a system from scratch for competition of algorithms for many programming languages, including Python, Ruby, and Java. It uses Amazon Web Services and Heroku for the infrastructure and MongoDB and Redis to store the data. It uses Tornado, Twitter Bootstrap 3, jQuery, and HTML5 Canvas for the front-end.
- Baladas USP (Development)
Developed a web site to advertise Brazilian university parties. It uses the Google App Engine platform with Python as well as the Facebook API.
- Baladas USP - iOS App (Development)
A native iOS app I developed in Objective-C for the Baladas USP web system. It sends asynchronous requests to an API using HTTP and JSON standards.
- Baladas USP - Android App (Development)
A native Android application I developed in Java for the Baladas USP web system. It makes asynchronous requests to an API using HTTP and JSON standards.
- MegaLoteria.net (Development)
A mathematical system that makes statistic analyses of a legal Brazilian lottery. It is hosted in the Google App Engine platform with Python and is optimized to avoid replicated calculations.
- Django Dynamic Fixture (Development)https://github.com/paulocheque/django-dynamic-fixture
A complete and open source library to facilitate automated tests for the Django framework. It uses Python reflection to automatically generate valid data for the tests.
- Tornado Rest Handler (Development)https://github.com/paulocheque/tornado-rest-handler
Created the initial project for facilitating the creation of REST APIs using the Python Tornado framework. It uses Python reflection and metaclasses to create custom classes dynamically.
FrameworksBottle, Django, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsVue.js, Underscore.js, HTTP API, Facebook API, jQuery
ToolsGit, GitHub Pages, Cron, Travis CI, Continuum, Jenkins, Jekyll
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsHeroku, Linux, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, iOS, Windows
StorageJSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Memcached
- Master's degree in Computer Science2007 - 2011University of Sao Paulo - Sao Paulo
- Study Abroad degree in Computer Science2009 - 2009Libera Università di Bolzano - Italy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2002 - 2007University of Sao Paulo - Sao Paulo