Verified Expert in Engineering
Piotr is an experienced full-stack software engineer and IT consultant, who understands client perspectives, and turns ideas into high-quality products. He has expertise in both enterprise and startup environments. Having worked for corporations, banks, and software houses, Piotr has developed products used worldwide and helped startups and internal corporate systems using a variety of tech stacks.
Full-stack, Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Agile
The most amazing...
...platform I've built was Nielsen Social, a low latency system that continuously consumes hundreds of thousands of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead | Consultant
Fortune 500 Company (via Toptal)
- Owned the whole development cycle, from analysis, consultancy, and planning, to the development and delivery of high-quality features.
- Ran a digital transformation in the customer portal application.
- Redesigned, refactored, and documented core parts of the system and covered them with tests and monitoring.
- Rebuilt the application from a classic Rails architecture to a single-page, user-friendly React application.
- Applied best practices in many areas: development process, UX, technology, architecture, code quality, monitoring.
- Performed deep analysis of the current algorithms and data, presented results, and proposed improvements.
Toptal (via Toptal)
- Member of the Toptal core platform team.
- Participated in the security and permissions framework migration project.
- Implemented microservices in the application integrating HSBC trader data.
- Interviewed candidates for the software developer position.
Full-stack Developer and Consultant
- Re-implemented part of the system consuming hundreds of thousands of Tweets, using Twitter PowerTrack API as a member of the team that built the Nielsen Social platform.
- Optimized queries for fetching Nielsen Social reports.
- Added exciting, new features to the platform.
- Worked directly with the client based in New York and Chicago.
- Involved in the development of internal tools.
- Oversaw the development, client consultancy, analysis, problem-solving, testing, and deployment.
- Built a management system for Westshore Terminals with the development team–the busiest coal export terminal in North America.
- Facilitated excellent cooperation with teams from Toronto and Vancouver.
Enterprise Software Group: UBS
- Worked on the project for six months in the UBS Switzerland headquarters.
- Developed a UBS internal application for client advisors.
- Participated in some internal products development, such as the mobile Ionic application.
- Developed the Oracle product, Taleo application.
- Implemented a framework for new methods of authentication, such as the use of 3rd-party applications accounts.
- Added a variety of new features to the platform.
HSBC Internal System
UBS Internal System
Oracle Product: Taleohttps://www.oracle.com/pl/applications/taleo.html
Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, Spring Boot, Swagger, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Mockito, JUnit, Bootstrap, Spring Security, Factory Girl, Hibernate, Angular, Spring, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), AngularJS, Jest
React, REST APIs, Lombok, React Redux, Facebook Open Graph API, Facebook API, Instagram API, Twitter API, Sidekiq, jQuery, Rollbar, CanCanCan
Git, GitHub, Redux Thunk, Amazon Athena, JetBrains, Slack, Apache Tomcat, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Eureka, Jenkins, Chef, Apache Maven, Postman, Jira, Trello, RSpec, SonarQube, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CLI, Terraform
RESTful Development, REST, Agile, Clean Code, Agile Software Development, REST API Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), Scrum, Microservices, Functional Programming
Digital Transformation, Back-end, GitFlow, Software Development, IT Consulting, Full-stack, APIs, Data Analysis, Performance Tuning, Site Reliability, Project Planning, System Architecture, Agile Sprints, Interviewing, Analysis, Software Design, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Sprint Planning, Enterprise, Project Lombok, Startups, Front-end, Ajax, Relational Database Services (RDS), Facebook, Instagram, SAP, Enzyme, Semantic UI, API Documentation
MacOS, Twitter, Netflix, Oracle, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Docker, PagerDuty, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Apache Hive, Datadog
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science
AGH University of Science and Technology - Cracow, Poland