Verified Expert in Engineering
Piotr is an expert back-end software engineer, based in Poland, who specializes in the development of scalable Go servers and security protocol implementations and designs. He has worked for several security, IoT, and data processing-related startups as a lead engineer.
Sublime Text, Zsh, Git, Windows, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project that I've worked on was an open-source zero-knowledge encrypted email platform that significantly helped people living under oppressive regimes.
Vice President of Engineering
- Developed a complete IoT platform for education from scratch.
- Architected protocols that work in low-connectivity environments.
- Developed a scalable remote device management solution using customized OpenVPN.
- Created a safe, sandboxed, Docker-based architecture for running third-party apps using shared resources.
- Developed a safe OTA update system for low-power devices that prevented "bricking" of the devices if they restarted during the process.
- Completed many projects for a variety of clients, ranging from small businesses, universities, to large corporations.
- Dealt with clients from different backgrounds, skillfully communicated with both experts and novice users.
- Mastered various technologies over the course of the company's existence.
- Deployed software to many platforms, from public clouds, private clouds to small one-dedicated server deployments.
- Much of the various types of software created were used internally at various institutions—from education to major IT companies.
- Designed a public-facing API for the product.
- Made significant recommendations regarding the whole project's architecture.
- Reviewed other developers' work.
- Created a full test suite for the application.
- Designed highly scalable project architecture.
- Founded Pgp.st which was built upon the ideas that I came up with during my work in Lavaboom that were too radical to be implemented there.
- Innovated even more in the field of zero-knowledge email systems; all based on the hybrid cloud approach.
- Implemented a hybrid cloud approach—a local device handled the messages first, with the cloud as a fallback.
- Developed one of the first implementations of Daniel Kahn Gillmor's Memory Hole OpenPGP proposal.
- Designed a service in a mobile-first approach; used ChaCha20 & Poly1305 for a supreme mobile performance.
- Ported Argon2 to Go which increased security where possible.
- Developed the service's whole API.
- Implemented a high-performance, pipeline-based mailer server.
- Created a real-time notification system that synchronized over a whole cluster.
- Proposed improvements to the OpenPGP spec that might be implemented in 4480 bis.
- Deployed a private cloud platform (a combination of IaaS and PaaS) for our own purposes.
Null Pointer, Inc.
- Created a JSON manifest to HTML transformer.
- Wrote a Go SVG to PNG rastifier.
- Used a queue-based architecture to achieve the highest possible throughput.
- Applied OOP design principles to HTML/CSS/JS sites.
- Achieved 95% test coverage using unit and end-to-end behavioral tests.
Lavaboom's SMTPD Server
Argon2 Implementation in Gohttps://github.com/pzduniak/argon2
Nearly All of Lavaboom's Open Source Librarieshttps://github.com/lavab
PGP Manifest Format
Swagger, Redux, Django, AngularJS
NSQ.io, Vue, React, Node.js, REST APIs, jQuery
Distributed Computing, Parallel Computing, High-performance Computing, DevOps, Concurrent Programming
Docker, iOS, Linux, Blockchain, MacOS, Windows
Redis, RethinkDB, PostgreSQL, Memcached, NoSQL, Couchbase, Google Cloud, SQLite, MySQL
NGINX, Git, Zsh, Sublime Text, Adobe Photoshop
Bitcoin, HAProxy, OpenPGP, Internet of Things (IoT)