Verified Expert in Engineering
Project Scoping Developer
Riccardo is a senior software engineer with over seven years of experience developing web, back-end, and machine-learning systems. Having worked for Twitter and Satalia, an AI startup acquired by WPP, he is skilled in developing end-to-end products for a broad range of industries, including social media, data analytics, and government. As an experienced technical leader, Riccardo has headed engineering teams at Twitter and a government-tech startup he founded.
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was the complete rebuilt of Tweet-level analytics for Twitter.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a new version of Tweeter Analytics, a screen that provides detailed feedback about the performance of a single tweet. Drove $9 million in quarterly revenue through promotions and converted 100% of users to professionals.
- Developed a React library of charts, including a bar chart, pie chart, progress bar, etc., used by the entire web team to display any chart in the Twitter web application. We also included special accessibility features for visually impaired users.
- Grew and led a team of eight engineers. Liaised with product, design, and research teams to establish and maintain a roadmap. Facilitated Agile ceremonies, kept team tempo, and mentored individual contributors.
- Developed Professional Home, a new user-level overview of account activity for professional Twitter users. Took over the product from a stale team and launched it within two months.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Produced a machine learning system for a large UK retailer to predict daily demand and recommend workforce allocation. This enabled the retailer to forecast hourly demand with 80% accuracy across 100+ locations.
- Led various consultancy engagements in industries, such as finance and retail, to provide advice on how to develop systems to collect data and integrate artificial intelligence solutions in their business.
- Developed an internal NLP system using Google Dialogflow to translate employees' questions into a natural language in database queries.
Chief Technology Officer
PigeonLine - Research-AI
- Developed a product that helps government customers ingest employee data and recommends the most suitable employees for a new assignment. The product leveraged NLP to make semantic matches and was deployed on governments' on-premise servers.
- Created a web application that allowed small municipalities to upload their own citizen satisfaction surveys, obtain an automated summary report, and compare their results with regional and industry benchmarks.
- Collaborated with the New York University of Abu Dhabi and produced a tool to fetch, parse, and organize over 700GB of data as PDF attachments from the US Regulations.gov API to study citizen sentiment and predict public unrest.
- Developed a web application that uses natural language processing to perform topic analysis on a text dataset. The application allows users to group excerpts by semantic relatedness and sentiment when given a large sample of documents.
- Raised $1 million, alongside the CFO and CEO, to finance business expansion, technical development, and product growth.
- Won the 2018 LSE Entrepreneur-of-the-Year Award and Distinguished Alumni of Dubai Future Accelerator.
NLP Meets XAI: Top 5 Trends in Natural Language Processing Explainabilityhttps://volpato.io/blog/2019/nlp-meets-xai/
The Chili Game | Social Web Gamehttps://chiligame.live/
Deep Learning | Articlehttps://volpato.io/blog/2019/can-i-automate-myself-a-brief-on-language-models/
Twitter Social Gamehttps://people.volpato.io/
Reinforcement Learning Agent Learning Human Preferenceshttps://github.com/arunraja-hub/Preference_Extraction
Time Series Python Libraryhttps://github.com/ricvolpe/TSM
Accessibility of Twitter Chartshttps://twitter.com/juliussohn/status/1534219202193674242
Twitter API, REST APIs, SpaCy, Keras, TensorFlow, React, Node.js, D3.js, Vue, PyTorch
Data Science, Management
Twitter, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker
Communication, Project Scoping, Facilitation, Machine Learning, Web Analytics, Back-end, Data Visualization, Accessibility, Web Development, APIs, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Time Series, Forecasting, Deep Learning, Entrepreneurship, Artificial Intelligence (AI), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Consulting, Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI), Deep Reinforcement Learning, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Workshop Facilitation
Django, Flask, React Native, Next.js
Master of Science Degree in Decision Science
London School of Economics and Political Science - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Statistics
Bocconi University - Milan, Italy
Deep Learning | 5-course Specialization
DeepLearning.AI | via Coursera
Chinese HSK 5
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring