Senior Software Engineer2021 - 2022
- Developed a new version of Tweeter Analytics, a screen that provides detailed feedback about the performance of a single tweet. Drove $9 million in quarterly revenue through promotions and converted 100% of users to professionals.
- Developed a React library of charts, including a bar chart, pie chart, progress bar, etc., used by the entire web team to display any chart in the Twitter web application. We also included special accessibility features for visually impaired users.
- Grew and led a team of eight engineers. Liaised with product, design, and research teams to establish and maintain a roadmap. Facilitated Agile ceremonies, kept team tempo, and mentored individual contributors.
- Developed Professional Home, a new user-level overview of account activity for professional Twitter users. Took over the product from a stale team and launched it within two months.
Machine Learning Engineer2017 - 2021Satalia
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), TensorFlow, Keras, Python, Time Series, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Facilitation, Project Scoping, Forecasting, Communication, Git, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Visualization
- Produced a machine learning system for a large UK retailer to predict daily demand and recommend workforce allocation. This enabled the retailer to forecast hourly demand with 80% accuracy across 100+ locations.
- Led various consultancy engagements in industries, such as finance and retail, to provide advice on how to develop systems to collect data and integrate artificial intelligence solutions in their business.
- Developed an internal NLP system using Google Dialogflow to translate employees' questions into a natural language in database queries.
Chief Technology Officer2016 - 2019PigeonLine - Research-AI
- Developed a product that helps government customers ingest employee data and recommends the most suitable employees for a new assignment. The product leveraged NLP to make semantic matches and was deployed on governments' on-premise servers.
- Created a web application that allowed small municipalities to upload their own citizen satisfaction surveys, obtain an automated summary report, and compare their results with regional and industry benchmarks.
- Collaborated with the New York University of Abu Dhabi and produced a tool to fetch, parse, and organize over 700GB of data as PDF attachments from the US Regulations.gov API to study citizen sentiment and predict public unrest.
- Developed a web application that uses natural language processing to perform topic analysis on a text dataset. The application allows users to group excerpts by semantic relatedness and sentiment when given a large sample of documents.
- Raised $1 million, alongside the CFO and CEO, to finance business expansion, technical development, and product growth.
- Won the 2018 LSE Entrepreneur-of-the-Year Award and Distinguished Alumni of Dubai Future Accelerator.