Verified Expert in Engineering
BI and Database Developer
Robert is a seasoned technology professional, having worked for 15+ years across roles ranging from application development, BI development, DB administration, solutions engineering, architecture, and technology leadership positions. At Direct Care Innovations, he reduced CPU utilization by 40% by improving application logic, rewriting stored procedures, and restructuring the databases' indexing strategy. Robert brings a pragmatic approach to technology and data challenges businesses face today.
Windows, SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), SQL, Azure SQL
The most amazing...
...improvement I've made was reducing cloud compute costs by 20% while simultaneously improving performance by 50%, resulting in a 1-year ROI of more than 2,000%.
Director of Database Development
Direct Care Innovations
- Optimized database performance by reducing CPU utilization by 40% over three weeks by improving application logic, rewriting stored procedures, and restructuring the databases' indexing strategy.
- Reduced Azure spend by 20% by rightsizing PaaS resources.
- Managed the development of data reporting capabilities within the organization to deliver value-added services and new reporting functionality within the SaaS product.
Technology Solutions Manager
Step Up For Students
- Implemented 3rd-party solutions and designed integrations with in-house systems using REST APIs, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Storage, and Azure Data Factory.
- Developed target state architectures along with intermediate transition architectures for data solutions, allowing for implementation and integration across business processes.
- Led rapid response initiatives to deliver solutions to unexpected industry needs related to Covid-19, resulting in new revenue stream opportunities.
Senior Database and Business Intelligence Administrator
Step Up For Students
- Designed and implemented high availability database solutions using a combination of SQL Server tools and virtualization.
- Designed and executed the data mapping and migration from the existing MySQL database into a new SQL Server database schema using SSIS and custom T-SQL ETL processes.
- Delivered ETL processes utilizing SSIS to stage, process, and load data into the Data Warehouse used by Analysis Services (SSAS) and other reporting tools.
- Developed SSAS cubes using MDX calculations and SSAS tabular models to perform complex analysis.
Database Administrator III
- Administered and responsible for the performance, availability, and recoverability of 20+ servers and 100+ TB of databases.
- Developed daily monitoring procedures using PowerShell.
- Migrated several large databases (1TB+) between data center locations.
- Managed troubleshooting and resolution of transaction log shipping and mirroring failures.
Florida Virtual School
- Designed and developed database schema for new functionality including tables, views, functions, and stored procedures.
- Led the organization and execution of software testing and the release of software and database solutions.
- Led the implementation of transactional replication of data to be used for reporting.
- Developed reporting solutions using T-SQL, Reporting Services, and Integration Services.
Student Information Data Warehouse
Business Process Outcome Prediction
SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), C#, C#.NET, Stored Procedure
Dimensional Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Scrum, REST, Kimball Methodology
Azure, Windows, Azure PaaS
SQL Server DBA, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Database Replication, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server 2008 R2, Databases, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Pipelines, Azure SQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server 2005
Data Warehouse Design, Data Modeling, ETL Development, Data Warehousing, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Data Architecture, APIs, Solution Architecture, Azure Data Factory, IT Systems Engineering, Scrum Master, Scrum Coaching, Business Process Automation, Azure WebJobs, Indexing, Decision Trees, Data Mining, Database Clusters, Log Shipping, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Performance Tuning
Windows PowerShell, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC
LINQ, Entity Framework
Microsoft Power BI, Azure App Service
Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Central Florida - Orlando, Florida, USA
Certified Scrum Master
MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional