Director of Database Development2021 - PRESENTDirect Care Innovations
Technologies: SQL Azure, Azure, Azure PaaS, SQL Server DBA, Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse Design, Data Modeling, C#, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Architecture, ETL, Databases, Data Pipelines
- Optimized database performance by reducing CPU utilization by 40% over three weeks by improving application logic, rewriting stored procedures, and restructuring the databases' indexing strategy.
- Reduced Azure spend by 20% by rightsizing PaaS resources.
- Managed the development of data reporting capabilities within the organization to deliver value added services and new reporting functionality within the SaaS product.
Technology Solutions Manager2016 - 2021Step Up For Students
Technologies: Azure Data Factory, APIs, C#, REST, Business Process Automation, Azure, SQL Azure, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL Development, Data Modeling, SQL, Solutions Architecture, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Architecture, ETL, Databases, Data Pipelines
- Implemented 3rd-party solutions and designed integrations with in-house systems using REST APIs, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Storage, and Azure Data Factory.
- Developed target state architectures along with intermediate transition architectures for data solutions, allowing for implementation and integration across business processes.
- Led rapid response initiatives to deliver solutions to unexpected industry needs related to Covid-19, resulting in new revenue stream opportunities.
Senior Database and Business Intelligence Administrator2010 - 2015Step Up For Students
Technologies: SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Dimensional Modeling, Data Warehousing, Database Replication, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Azure, SQL Server DBA, Data Warehouse Design, ETL Development, Data Modeling, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Architecture, ETL, Databases
- Designed and implemented high availability database solutions using a combination of SQL Server tools and virtualization.
- Designed and executed the data mapping and migration from the existing MySQL database into a new SQL Server database schema using SSIS and custom T-SQL ETL processes.
- Delivered ETL processes utilizing SSIS to stage, process, and load data into the Data Warehouse used by Analysis Services (SSAS) and other reporting tools.
- Developed SSAS cubes using MDX calculations and SSAS tabular models to perform complex analysis.
Database Administrator III2011 - 2011Black Knight
Technologies: SQL Server 2008 R2, Database Replication, Database Clusters, Log Shipping, SQL Server DBA, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Performance Tuning, SQL, Databases
- Administered and responsible for the performance, availability, and recoverability of 20+ servers and 100+ TB of databases.
- Developed daily monitoring procedures using PowerShell.
- Migrated several large databases (1TB+) between data center locations.
- Managed troubleshooting and resolution of transaction log shipping and mirroring failures.
Software Developer2005 - 2010Florida Virtual School
Technologies: ASP.NET Web Forms, Stored Procedures, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, Database Replication, SQL Server DBA, ETL Development, Data Modeling, C#, SQL, ETL, Databases
- Designed and developed database schema for new functionality including tables, views, functions, and stored procedures.
- Led the organization and execution of software testing and the release of software and database solutions.
- Led the implementation of transactional replication of data to be used for reporting.
- Developed reporting solutions using T-SQL, Reporting Services, and Integration Services.