DevOps Engineer2016 - PRESENTStagwell Technologies
Technologies: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Kops, Helm, Hortonworks Hadoop, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Vault by HashiCorp, Packer, AWS, Azure, Chef, OpenID Connect
- Built, deployed, and managed eight large Kubernetes clusters for development, user acceptance testing (UAT), and production environments with 25 nodes per cluster and load based horizontal autoscaling.
- Implemented Jenkins as a continuous delivery tool using Groovy, DSL, pipelines, and Kubernetes running Jenkins slaves on demand.
- Provisioned AWS and Azure services and resources using Terraform (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, Elastic Load Balancing, RDS, Route 53, Memcache, Redis, OpsWorks, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Identity and Access Management (IAM), SQS, Redshift, Lambda Functions, Beanstalk, Batch, Elastic Container Service, Fargate, and Firehose).
- Migrated VMware servers into AWS and Azure Cloud, using VMware OVF and Hypervisor VHD images.
- Designed Chef cookbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process using the OpsWorks framework.
- Deployed central logging to a Kibana server using Elasticsearch as a storage engine.
- Built a central monitoring facility using Grafana and Prometheus.
- Configured a Gluu IAM server as a user authentication gateway for Kubernetes using OpenID.
- Built a NeoDB database for all the resources in AWS, all the repositories in GitHub, all jobs in Jenkins, and all containers in Kubernetes and their relationships with continuous updates using Mercator code as a framework.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017TD Bank
Technologies: OpenStack, TOSCA Blueprints, Jenkins, JBoss, Groovy
- Developed TOSCA blueprints and also deployed them to OpenStack.
- Built Jenkins CI/CD pipelines in Groovy to automate code releases and updates of Confluence pages through a REST API.
- Wrote Python scripts to interact with APIs for automated deployments.
- Created a JBoss blueprint; also installed, configured and troubleshot JBoss.
DevOps Consultant/Architect2014 - 2016Bank of Montreal
Technologies: Puppet, Red Hat, Red Hat Satellite Server, VMware, WebSphere, JBoss
- Designed, deployed, and configured Red Hat Satellite Server 6 (RHS6) and migrated 670 servers from RHS5 to RHS6.
- Designed and built a Puppet infrastructure for configuration management of 700+ servers.
- Created provisioning processes utilizing RHS6 with Puppet and coded supporting build classes and facts.
- Managed Solaris and Red Hat enterprise servers (700+ servers).
- Performed a difficult root cause analysis and debugged problems on the level of system library calls.
Senior Consultant2011 - 2013Resmor Trust (Royal Bank of Canada)
Technologies: Red Hat, VMware, Hitachi Storage Array, CFEngine
- Managed RHEL Linux servers, Hitachi modular storage, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), Brocade FC switches, VMware ESX servers, and F5 load balancers.
- Designed, installed, and configured Hitachi AMS 2300 and associated SAN components.
- Built a Kickstart server for automated Linux builds with a PXE boot.
- Designed and implemented the encapsulation of Oracle RAC cluster into a Linux HA cluster ensuring high availability of all Oracle failover components and ETL applications.
- Migrated Oracle RAC 11G to a new storage frame.
Senior Unix/SAN Consultant2009 - 2011Intria Items | CIBC
Technologies: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, IBM SAN Storage, Brocade FC Switches, LDOMs, Solaris Zones, HP VMware
- Managed Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and Linux servers (200+ servers).
- Planned and executed a physical storage migration (25 terabytes) from Montreal to Markham with minimal downtime.
- Worked on the application design and implementation using virtualization technologies as LDOMs, Solaris zones, and HP VMware.
- Managed and implemented improvements to cluster technologies such as HP ServiceGuard and Veritas cluster server.